1969 Murena 429GT

toyroy2003

So I got this e-Mail the other day from a car owner that lives about 2 hours north of me:

"I'm 69 years old so I must apologize before hand for my lack of "how to" when it comes to computer stuff. Hopefully, this all will make it's way to you. I'm trying to seek out where I can sell my car. There were only 10 built and they were made in Italy. It's a Intermeccanica Murena 429GT. Italian made but all the running gear is Ford. It has a 429 cu. in. Cobra Jet engine and was blue printed by Mickey Thompson and I can tell you, it's fast! Leather interior and all original. The car only has 30 plus thousand miles on it and the body is flawless. I have only driven the car rarely since I got it some 15 years ago. It has been garaged always. There are minor concerns, some window rubber needs replacing, some window aligning, very minor. I was told this car was once owned by Elvis Presley and has the 1969 Memphis license plate still on. Plainly put, I just want to sell the car."

So today I took the drive up to his home out in the "Sticks"...and I bought the car! Here is a picture of it, not taken today, but when he had it out last summer...started right up...he said I could easily drive it the 95 miles or so plus home..LOL declined that, will have the flatbed pick it up on Monday...

Cool little toy IMO..

post-23696-1363482245_thumb.jpg

Are you keeping it or will you sell it?

I like it - very different, very cool. More pics please!

Is it black? Kinda hard to tell from the photo

Are you keeping it or will you sell it?

I like it - very different, very cool. More pics please!

Is it black? Kinda hard to tell from the photo

Its Black on Black..I will be selling it....not sure when I will list it...need to go through it first and see where it stands etc etc

I see the "Father" of the current Nissan GTR in it LOL LOL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I always have a soft spot for the Italian american blend cars like this or the panteras. this thing is cool!