2014 S Class

RyanRo24

CLS63 Shooting Brake is the most awesome family car in existence imo. Much nicer than a Panamera, and you'd make your dealer happy as well.

Here we call them wagons, kind of takes the luster out of it for me.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw a new S500 today in silver. I was merging on the interstate and it was right next to me. Thought it was a maybach at first. Loved it!!

I'm just over the AMG depreciation hit, I did it once and don't want to stomach it again. Ghost prices are coming down nicely, I think thats going to be a good value pick up.

I'm just over the AMG depreciation hit, I did it once and don't want to stomach it again. Ghost prices are coming down nicely, I think thats going to be a good value pick up.

There's also the new Flying Spur which you can have new for the price of a 2 year old used Ghost

There's also the new Flying Spur which you can have new for the price of a 2 year old used Ghost

Saw the new spur, not all that impressed.

just buy them at 2-2.5 years old for half sticker.

Anyone here test drove one?

Yes. Test drove one last week. Sticker price of $119+.

Impressions:

- back seat is AWESOME!

- hate the steering wheel - the "Mercedes Benz" script looks dated IMO & don't like the "hump" in the wheel at the bottom

- Like the rear

- not sure about the styling - it didn't grab me in the silver - but then I saw a black one on the street and did a double take - black is the color! (and I'm not a fan of black because of the upkeep) but I like our CL550-4 better - love the sculpted "muscular" lines. The S550 lines are very subdued

- ride was uber smooth and civilized - exactly what you'd expect

- handling was tighter and less "floaty" than I expected - not as crisp as our S63 (sold) but quite good for a LARGE sedan

- interior lighting is cool

- controls are intuitive but I'm used to MB so maybe biased

- the distronic is weird - we are used to it in the CL (maintains distance from the car in front and will stop the car) but the part where itll drive itself and stay within the lane is strange. A small red icon appears on the dash if you take hands off the wheel for more than 12 seconds, but I'm not sure what happens if you don't touch the wheel (didn't want to try). We were test driving without a sales rep and I forgot to ask when we returned. There were times where is stayed nicely in the lane but times were I looked like a drunk driver. When exiting it was confused about the lanes and it does turn off under 20 mph so you have to take over.

- very "peppy" for a big sedan - not as quick as our CL550-4 but darn close

- comfortable - I like the seats in front & personally I love the active bolsters and use them when in the CL...hubby hates active bolsters. Thank goodness for seat memory settings!

- didn't like the wheels on the silver car - lots of skinny spokes and busy. The black one had the AMG trim package with 5 split spokes - very attractive. (sticker was $116+)

- Hubby wanted to love it, and was disappointed after the first test drive but then started to like it on the second test drive. He would consider one.

- dumbest option ever is the cooler in between the rear seat-backs. Who needs a cooler built into the back seat - unless you ALWAYS have back seat passengers because it would be impossible to reach from the front. It looks like a huge sub-woofer in the trunk and KILLS trunk space for large items. What were they thinking? Do their clients really ask for built in coolers? I found this astonishing.

I am not a "big sedan" girl....I love sporty lines. the S550 doesn't appeal to me in general BUT if I were in the market for a comfy 4 door sedan with lots of gadgets that drove itself and had subdued (if not bland) styling....I'd give it shot.

Thank you very much Cake, I am looking for a nice, civilized, comfortable family car mainly for the weekends so this might be it.

I'm a buyer of the new S65 when it comes out (actually 2 years after it comes out for half sticker) and as long as it is still v-12TT

That will be one bad ass daily driver