2014 S Class

RyanRo24

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to see one of the new S550'S at the dealership this week..

The new S63 is going to be the ultimate luxury sedan! Mercedes is saying 3.9 zero to sixty but some are saying 3.5 which is on par with the S8 but the interior of the new S class is in a whole different league. Ill take a black one with ivory leather and carbon trim ;)

I'll wait 2 years for that dreaded AMG depreciation to hit. I lost my ass on the SL

Seems like it would make more sense to lease, enjoy a brand new AMG and keep upgrading every couple years instead of purchasing one.

I have a friend purchasing a 2014 SL63 and I'm trying to talk him into buying a year old or waiting until he finds a killer deal. $180k now... $130 in a few months. That's nuts.

I will see it Thursday but I lost all interest, the dealer showed me the list price and options yesterday, the S63 starts at $385k plus options plus on road cost, when all said and done over $450k, you drive it out the door it's worth $250k that's ridiculous, it's new Bentley and used Ghost territory.

I will see it Thursday but I lost all interest, the dealer showed me the list price and options yesterday, the S63 starts at $385k plus options plus on road cost, when all said and done over $450k, you drive it out the door it's worth $250k that's ridiculous, it's new Bentley and used Ghost territory.

What country are you in?

Depreciation on the AMG cars has gotten a lot worse over the last 5 years as MB has been raising the prices bit time. My '08 S63 had a $137k sticker and I picked it up new in Feb of '08 for $120k. Zero miles. Same car now with all the tech gadgets and 60 more HP is $60k more with options ???? Not sure if thats worth it unless you get a screamin deal on a closed lease or just wait for it to drop like a rock after there are a few on the road and then pick one up.......

Checked out the S550 at my local dealer earlier this week. Even went for a test drive. The car is mind glowingly good. I am fighting off the urge to order one.

I'll wait 2 years for that dreaded AMG depreciation to hit. I lost my ass on the SL

:iamwithstupid:

It really is a tough pill to swallow. The AMG cars must be at the top of the totem poll when it comes to depreciation. I will never purchase another AMG car no matter how of a deal it is, walk away lease is the only option I will consider even though i love the new S63.

I see,thank you, different name here, they offered it to me, set buy back price but unfortunately no guaranteed buy back if you pay cash, I am sure they will sting you on the interest under the lease. They are working the figures out I am guessing they will come back with a 40 to 45% off RRP when you return it in two years.

I will let the new car excitement die down and go back later to crunch them :icon_mrgreen:

I see,thank you, different name here, they offered it to me, set buy back price but unfortunately no guaranteed buy back if you pay cash, I am sure they will sting you on the interest under the lease. They are working the figures out I am guessing they will come back with a 40 to 45% off RRP when you return it in two years.

I will let the new car excitement die down and go back later to crunch them :icon_mrgreen:

There always is a buyback price with any lease but the walk away, you don't have to do a thing, when the lease is up, you give them the keys and the car back. The rates are very good right now with MB, 2.9% on a new car. But again, even if you get 10% off MSRP, lease is still based on the original value less discount and unfortunately, the same car 6 months later is worth 30% less than MSRP , sometimes worse depending on the model. When it comes down to it, no matter which way you look at it, you are better off waiting for the 1st buyer to take the initial hit on the car even if you have to pay a slightly higher lease rate.

There always is a buyback price with any lease but the walk away, you don't have to do a thing, when the lease is up, you give them the keys and the car back. The rates are very good right now with MB, 2.9% on a new car. But again, even if you get 10% off MSRP, lease is still based on the original value less discount and unfortunately, the same car 6 months later is worth 30% less than MSRP , sometimes worse depending on the model. When it comes down to it, no matter which way you look at it, you are better off waiting for the 1st buyer to take the initial hit on the car even if you have to pay a slightly higher lease rate.

I'm going to swing by the MB dealership in Scottsdale today just to see what I come up with for some numbers. Maybe take a 550 for a drive if I can. I'll report back with whatever I come up with.

I'm going to swing by the MB dealership in Scottsdale today just to see what I come up with for some numbers. Maybe take a 550 for a drive if I can. I'll report back with whatever I come up with.

Dealers seem to be not coming off of MSRP in any meaningful way. Good luck.

Dealers seem to be not coming off of MSRP in any meaningful way. Good luck.

swung by. No cars to even look at and the Scottsdale store is pretty big. I was surprised there were no 550's. Nothing coming in either. He checked the computer and everything that is on its way is sold already. 63's are in the same boat. There are lease incentives on the 550's though so I told him when he got one for me to just look at to call me. He spit out something like $2500 a month on a 10k mile lease for 24 months I think or maybe it was 36. I wasn't showing much interest once I knew there was nothing there to look at. On a side note there was a brand new 2014 991 Turbo S sitting there in white with 400 miles. I asked him about it and he said someone had just traded it in. didn't ask what the price was cause I didn't want to fall over.

I think until all the hype has gone there won't be much to see in the dealerships or very many deals to be had. Lease incentives are based off of full price which this dealership will not move off of. Sales guy told me they had a black S550 that someone backed out of and it lasted about 2 hours on the floor and was sold.

A car that leases at more than $120 or so per month of $10k of purchase price doesn't work for me. Mercs lease notoriously poorly IMO.

A car that leases at more than $120 or so per month of $10k of purchase price doesn't work for me. Mercs lease notoriously poorly IMO.

I'm sure you could get it down that low if you signed a 60 month lease. lol

• 10 months later...