Harry Dent: Dow to Hit 3000

mrrammstein

So apparently this guy has a pretty good track record, and the reasoning behind his logic makes sense.

Has anyone read his books? I'm just reading "The Great Crash Ahead" - pretty interesting stuff considering the facts used to back up the argument.

What do you guys think about this guy/his ideas?

From a quick google search it seems this guy has a pretty poor track record in his predictions (DIJA @ 40k, Nasdaq more then double its dot com boom). I avoid recommendations from almost all people like this who, are trying to sell books, unless they are running a major firm. Apparently he also claimed consumer spending would drop off a cliff in 2012, well 2012 is over that never happened. He strikes me as the type that thinks he'll eventually be proven right, in finance eventually being proven right isn't the same and being right.

From a quick google search it seems this guy has a pretty poor track record in his predictions (DIJA @ 40k, Nasdaq more then double its dot com boom). I avoid recommendations from almost all people like this who, are trying to sell books, unless they are running a major firm. Apparently he also claimed consumer spending would drop off a cliff in 2012, well 2012 is over that never happened. He strikes me as the type that thinks he'll eventually be proven right, in finance eventually being proven right isn't the same and being right.

Interesting point! I tend to agree with you, and its only because he's quoting past historical examples where this type of thing has happened, and is currently happening (Japan) that it gives more credibility to the possibility of this happening.

I haven't read the whole thing yet so Ill throw in my findings when I'm done for the hell of it.

Seems to say staying cash is the way to go - although I'd never want to be 100% cash by any means, I definitely agree with keeping the level of leverage to the lower side if things do go south again