Formula One - 2013 Season

Destructo

Maybe he is, but F1 has a history of d-bags winning championships.

I blame Red Bull for not giving him the #1 position he deserves. He should be treated like Alonso as long as there are team orders and fake racing.

I haven't been keeping up with F1 this season, what did he do?

He passed Webber for the lead when both drivers were told to turn down their engines and hold position. He is a d bag, but that's what it takes to win multiple championships in F1.

i found the malaysia GP to be very entertaining. one of the most interesting races that i can recall. vettel is a cock blocker though. i will give you that for sure.

next f1 is in shanghai on april 13! karma, revenge and excitement!

I respectfully disagree. He made the comment that Weber was too slow and he wanted to pass over the radio. I understand RB concern about damaging the cars, but come on. I couldnt stand Vettel for his first couple seasons, but the last couple years Ive changed my mind.

I respectfully disagree. He made the comment that Weber was too slow and he wanted to pass over the radio. I understand RB concern about damaging the cars, but come on. I couldnt stand Vettel for his first couple seasons, but the last couple years Ive changed my mind.

one of my favorite quotes :icon_super:

I would respect Vettel more if he came with the 'we all drive to win' explanation after the race. Saying sorry because he won, that is not what I want to hear from a champion. Remembering Villeneuve, I hope Webber keeps his cool.

I would respect Vettel more if he came with the 'we all drive to win' explanation after the race. Saying sorry because he won, that is not what I want to hear from a champion. Remembering Villeneuve, I hope Webber keeps his cool.

:iamwithstupid:

I would have had more respect for him if he were unrepentant (which I think he really is, the apology is a PR move). At least he would have been consistent with disobeying team orders.

• 3 months later...

WTF was that ?

5 blow outs.

the higher ups at f1 really are out of their minds.

that race should have been red flagged after the 2nd blow out (massa right ? )

On a side note, I have had 5 blowouts on the freeway in my life... every single one of them was on Pirelli tires. I never buy Pirelli anymore, knock on wood no blowouts since!

Tyres were put on the wrong way round. You cannot make it up.

Teams intentionally run them lower in psi than they have been told then deliberately put them on the wrong way round.

Then bitch about the quality.

Tyres were put on the wrong way round. You cannot make it up.

Teams intentionally run them lower in psi than they have been told then deliberately put them on the wrong way round.

Then bitch about the quality.

Isn't rotating the tires just common sense?! :jerry:

• 2 months later...

"Kimi, Fernando is faster than you"

"I know what I am doing leave me alone"

So excited for next year already, hopefully Ferrari and McLaren can bring something to the table for once. Sick of Red Bull and I cannot fathom why I despise Vettel and Christian Horner.

When Schumacher left merc I was hankering for him to go back to Ferraro to see if Fernando would still be seen as Mr No 1 after all who better to point at all the trophies at the factory and say "did you win that one?" But Kimi is the next best thing for that now.

What is astonishing is that Alonso could be world champion how many times now were it not a handful of points here or there.

What is astonishing is that Alonso could be world champion how many times now were it not a handful of points here or there.

Yep. At least all the recent seasons have been close. If you look all the way back to Massa losing the championship (cough cough Timo Glock) in 2008, Ferrari has been SO close almost every year. The number of times Alonso was taken out of races at no fault of his own (and a couple that were his fault) make the slim margins even more gut wrenching. The final race last season, where Vettel battled back from last with the side of his car ripped apart, was just another great ending to some action packed recent seasons. I was planning on going to Austin, but it's looking more and more like this season will be wrapped up by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Ron Dennis slinking around the paddock in Singapore. Strange that Martin Whitmarsh has said about Alonso. Is there going to be any real change at McLaren?

In a way I don't want Alonso to move, the potential stories etc for the Ferrari lineup is sensational.

McLaren do need a stronger driver than Perez, I thought it would be good but shit car or not he is not delivering.

Vettel displaying Schumacher like dominance again. fcuk. I hope next year doesn't end up being a repeat of this one driver points wise, but I would probably put money on it happening. We'll see. Still an exciting race. Webber has some kind of luck.