Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

The difficulty retargets to maintain the mining rate, but it's not perfectly accurate. 2140 will still be roughly when it finishes up, regardless of hash.

Bitcoin has been bouncing between roughly 500 and 1000 since late last year, it's climbing since the MtGox event just as it climbed back from every other problem, it's more resilient than the media makes it out to be, good news doesn't get ratings, bad news does.

I don't think Bitcoin is the answer to the worlds problems but it is not going to die as easily as people think.

Well said and 100% agree.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

And up 27% today(at the time of this posting). Some are making money.

• 2 years later...

Anyone else get in on the ethereum (ETH) presale? I picked up 1,970 coins 8/6/2014 for 1 BTC (roughly $500).... Currently they are trading ~$52/coin. Cashed out around half my holdings today. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake.

BTC also seems to be holding steady around $1k. I'm long on that and will probably sell around $10k if it ever hits that.

Anyone else get in on the ethereum (ETH) presale? I picked up 1,970 coins 8/6/2014 for 1 BTC (roughly $500).... Currently they are trading ~$52/coin. Cashed out around half my holdings today. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake.

BTC also seems to be holding steady around $1k. I'm long on that and will probably sell around $10k if it ever hits that.

I have both...

When BC hits below 1K I buy more... It was up to 1400 a few weeks ago...

The upcoming split has people concerned...

Thinking about buying some ether.

Bitcoin has me wondering how high it can go. Seems a little dangerouse at this point.

why do they have these other coints? I heard something about lightcoin blowing up before just checked it, its worthless now. why wouldnt ETH do the same?

why do they have these other coints? I heard something about lightcoin blowing up before just checked it, its worthless now. why wouldnt ETH do the same?

It quite possibly could. A lot of people flooded to Lightcoin because they figured they had missed the boat on BTC, and were hoping that it would eventually make a parallel move. As you said, any of them that held are greatly regretting that error today.

I have a very tech-savvy Engineer friend who poured almost $40k of his retirement account into BTC a few years back when it was in the $350-$400 range, because he is convinced it will eventually make a move towards $10,000. He has ridden out all of the fluctuations till now and is still holding, so I give him credit. He has definitely been smiling recently with that move over $1000.

I never got into it and still haven't bought any, but the whole premise behind it is fascinating to me. I probably should have put a few grand on it years ago and rolled the dice when he first began raving about it.

I cashed out most of my ethereum at $23 -- didn't expect it to get to $53 and now I'm waiting for a dip. I made good money, I mined most of the coins I had (500 or so)

I cashed out most of my ethereum at $23 -- didn't expect it to get to $53 and now I'm waiting for a dip. I made good money, I mined most of the coins I had (500 or so)

Ok. So how do you do that? Mine?

Holy shit!?!?

I bought $400 of eth amid January.

It's worth 2100$ now?!?!

So those with just regular pcs/laptops are shit out of luck when it comes to mining anything?

So those with just regular pcs/laptops are shit out of luck when it comes to mining anything?

Mining is a waste of time. If you think it's going to go up by coins. Mining game is hardcore and all about power cost. I have a friend that is building their own power substation.

I mean how does this work? Sorry for the ignorance. Can you cash out and have the $105k? Is it like stock? I'm lost with bitcoin shit.

Yes I cashed out roughly $50k yesterday plan to cash out the rest next week.

Sprite, got any recommendations where I can park a couple of grand?

Nah this was a complete crapshoot and I got luckily. I'm holding some Bitcoin but that could go either way. If I knew it was going to go up that much I would have bought a lot more lol.

What kind of software/website are you guys using?

even if it may be too late to join the party it's always interesting to keep an eye on this

thx!

Yes I cashed out roughly $50k yesterday plan to cash out the rest next week.

Ah very nice congrats man!!! I mean is there a method to the market or is this on the same playing field as the stock market essentially?