Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone look into the Stellar Lumens currency yet? I have heard good things and its just in its beginning.

Care to elaborate? Looking at the site, I'm trying to figure out exactly what an anchor is, and how do you withdraw from one. What happens when everyone suddenly wants to cash out in USD yet there are not enough USD anchors?

Nothing backs bitcoin. The second people have trouble cashing in their bitcoins. The market will stampede for the exit. Again they tried the same in Holland in the 1800's. Those "invested" in bitcoin should look at Greece without a bailout! The debt in the US is tremendous. Cities going bankrupt, etc. Now you want to try lower taxes, etc...... JFK did the same and that got carried forward in the 1970's energy crisis. US again is on the same course with no "assets" to prevent the crash!

"People" arent driving this... Read the article about coinbase and the IRS. Theyre after 20,000 accounts that have any sizable money in the 5 digit range. You really think 20,000 PEOPLE with a few million dollars between them have caused Bitcoin to be valued at just shy of 200 BILLION dollars?

Really?

Really?

REALLY?!

This is institutional and large sovereign (read, CHINA) investment.

The average fcuking joe who's shaking in his fcuking boots about how he'll get his money out couldnt move this thing with a dumptruck full of nitroglycerin. Hell, he just GOT to the fcuking party this week!

Secondly, the rest of your post, (Tulips, greece, US debt,) is a complete non-sequitur. Bitcoin isnt tulips, which can be grown in a substance that smells similar to your post. When the price of tulips hit a record high, everybody became a tulip farmer driving their value (supply and demand) through the floor... BITCOIN IS finite. Sure... you, and your brother, and your brothers gardener can run out and become bitcoin miners... But... that'll just make it run out FASTER...

And Bitcoin isnt a sovereign currency, OR tied to sovereign debt... Its exactly opposite. Its a hedge AGAINST the US petrodollar. Which is WHY the chinese are buying it up. This is the biggest game of currency chicken ever... Its a reaction to Chinas anger about us devaluing the greenback (QE1,2,infinity) in order to REDUCE the impact of our debt...

IF the dollar or the U.S economy fails, Todays bitcoin millionaires will become bitcoin BILLIONAIRES.

I'm hoping for a solid crash so I can buy more on the cheap :)

The lucky few who get to follow me on FB (ok Bill, Mike and derrick.... ) Know Ive been calling every move on this thing for months now...

They also know Im looking for a CORRECTION (25%... Probably a "crash" in any other investment, but more like a "typical day's move" for this stuff) for several weeks now... Its coming.

The lucky few who get to follow me on FB (ok Bill, Mike and derrick.... ) Know Ive been calling every move on this thing for months now...

They also know Im looking for a CORRECTION (25%... Probably a "crash" in any other investment, but more like a "typical day's move" for this stuff) for several weeks now... Its coming.

There was a 28% "crash" only weeks ago. It's just par for the course here. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 50% pull back at some point

There was a 28% "crash" only weeks ago. It's just par for the course here. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 50% pull back at some point

I wouldnt either... But neither will last....

There is one thing NOBODY is talking about.... This is the most manipulated market in modern history. There is zero regulation of it on that side. And its easy for the big traders to make this market dance. And traders LOVE volatility... Profit up, profit down, lather, rinse, repeat.

There are two types of people when it comes to bitcoin right now... Guys like me (and the dudes who listened to us) who were buying two years ago at BTC $500, ETH $10 and caught LTC when it debuted, and are now sitting on six and seven figure gains... And the guys calling us stupid.

There is one thing NOBODY is talking about.... This is the most manipulated market in modern history. There is zero regulation of it on that side. And its easy for the big traders to make this market dance. And traders LOVE volatility... Profit up, profit down, lather, rinse, repeat.

To be honest I like the fact it isn't regulated. Some regulations are just BS imo. Take Porsche for example, they're facing criminal charges for manipulation when what they did seemed perfectly clever to me .

So that aside. What are your thoughts on futures being introduced next week? Given the ability for a whale to crash the price so they can short BTC I see someone stepping in pretty quickly (in the USA SEC space anyway).

I will vouch for RD's credibility till I'm blue in the face. He has literally NAILED the calls on this one over and over again. (and not just broad calls like saying, "We should see a pullback in the next week"). We're talking calls with very specific price levels, and then the subsequent bounce (with time frames) to follow. You've been unbelievably on point with these man!

I moved a nice chunk of change back into my stock account back in July of this year. Had I simply bought BTC (it was around $3k at the time), Christmas would be much more merry this year!!! :o

There are two types of people when it comes to bitcoin right now... Guys like me (and the dudes who listened to us) who were buying two years ago at BTC $500, ETH $10 and caught LTC when it debuted, and are now sitting on six and seven figure gains... And the guys calling us stupid.

Damn, roman making me feel good, although my gains aren´t anywhere near seven figures.

Btw, I need to add you on fb...

Trading this thing is bit of a problem though. You have to keep the coins, or the cash on the exchange which is a risk.

How do you deal with that roman?

Something else roman, how does your china assumption relate to them actually pretty much banning crypto for their own people?

Simply reigning in of their people on the one hand and playing the international markets on the other?

I wish I understood more about bitcoin.....

Any links to good websites, educational info, etc?

Bitcointalk.org..? Anyone on this forum or any other bitcoin forum?

Im not sure if any of you guys know the pizza story of the guy who bought one for 10.000 bitcoin when it was at a couple cents.

One has to realize that whoever was able to mine or get ahold of BTC in the early stages could be a billionaire soon. This is just beyond insanity! Hundreds maybe thousands of people winning the lottely at the same time.

If you own just 50 by chance you could be a millionaire in maybe 2-3 weeks from now.

I just want a pullback so i can get in on the game.

Lol, for fun I bought a single coin last week when it dipped to $9500. Gonna ride it to $1mil or watch it burn. Not doing anything with it until one of those happen. Gonna be a fun ride either way. And a good bit of entertainment for $9500!

Im not sure if any of you guys know the pizza story of the guy who bought one for 10.000 bitcoin when it was at a couple cents.

One has to realize that whoever was able to mine or get ahold of BTC in the early stages could be a billionaire soon. This is just beyond insanity! Hundreds maybe thousands of people winning the lottely at the same time.

If you own just 50 by chance you could be a millionaire in maybe 2-3 weeks from now.

Yes that was supposedly the first ever use of bitcoin.

Nobody in their right mind wold have thought the price of 2 papa John's pizzas would have escalated to $130mm today.

Something else roman, how does your china assumption relate to them actually pretty much banning crypto for their own people?

Simply reigning in of their people on the one hand and playing the international markets on the other?

Well. None of what the Chinese government does is tied to their own people. It’s the ultimate “do as I say, not as I do” society. The big dog in China is the government. The people still exist to serve the state there.

I just don’t logically get it, seems like the biggest pyramid scheme ever, early guys will be the only winners if they are pulling money out, and are only winning as big new investors at the bottom, for normal people can’t be a winner.

I looked at it a long time ago and just thought there was no underlying asset or worth to it. Unless you can spend or exchange it easily it has no value to me.

Only way it can win is if it goes mainstream and I just can’t see any government allowing it to continue as it threatens their monopoly.

Money for nothing that doubles every few months, what could possibly go wrong

Maybe I just don’t properly understand it and should have bought some, would have made me a lot of money and I do regret it a bit but only the profit not the investment as I just don’t see its worth, but IT rules the world now so who knows.