Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Been watching the Litecoin pullback all day today... Kept saying id buy soon as it dips under 270... each time it does impossible to buy.. WTF.. Wonder if I should to see what happens this weekend..

Go to GDAX and put in a limit or for 270 and call it a day. You don't need to do market orders. And the commissions are cheaper.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to GDAX and put in a limit or for 270 and call it a day. You don't need to do market orders. And the commissions are cheaper.

but it just took me a week to sign up with coinbase!!!

I purchased 35,000 xrp as a long term hold when it was hovering around .016. Told a few people to get in during the summer when it was hovering around 0.20 but they laughed and called it a crap coin.

Good buy. I think ripple has a good upside being that it's very fast technology compared to others

thank you megachad for making it even more confusing :lol2:

I think I will stick with buying dirt, I will eventually take the money from some of you cryptocoin investors :icon_mrgreen:

When I cash out my crypto**, I’m going to have you design my new house :D

**i haven’t bought any yet

Yes, but when you buy in, your coins are purchased at the price they were when you scheduled the transaction.

Do you need to transfer funds from the bank account into the wallet (USD) before you can purchase coins or can you leave funds in your bank account and draw directly for the bank account when you're ready to purchase the coins?

So some observations I’m making about LTC. I’m an amateur but bear with me. I stay up very late and watch the trends and the price fluctuations. The US and China seem to be the main consumers. I’ve talked with a few hardcore LTC and BTC investors over the past week. Ever since the big rise in LTC value, The US feels like it’s the only one panicking. The price has been dropping like crazy today and the past three days. China doesn’t seem to care that much because at night time it fluctuates but stays relatively close to where it’s at. If anything, I think the Chinese believe in it and are not hopping out anytime soon. I think on Monday we will start to see it go up again.

Follow the Chinese and things will work out. I’m making millions in Beverly Hills with the inflow of Chinese money.

Do you need to transfer funds from the bank account into the wallet (USD) before you can purchase coins or can you leave funds in your bank account and draw directly for the bank account when you're ready to purchase the coins?

No. You can select “Buy LTC” and choose your bank account. The wallet is just in case you want to temporarily cash out or cash out altogether. It just shows a few days later but you get the amount of coins your money’s worth buys at the time you purchase.

It could be because the Chinese government restricts the amount of money their citizens can take out of the country in a year, crypto would be a very easy vehicle to take tones of cash out without being traced, just a thought.

I read a article today about Russia using crypto to circumvent economic sanctions. This action is a game changer imo. And I don’t think it’s too late.

When I cash out my crypto**, I’m going to have you design my new house :D

**i haven’t bought any yet

Make sure you buy and cash out A LOT of crypto :icon_mrgreen:

I purchased 35,000 xrp as a long term hold when it was hovering around .016. Told a few people to get in during the summer when it was hovering around 0.20 but they laughed and called it a crap coin.

Bought a significant amount around the same levels. I believe XRP/Ripple will become dominant in 2018. It's been "hated" on in general by the crypto community, because they have been working with the establishment, instead of against it. Logically however, they are on the right path, and the tech is first class. It's the only crypto with real enterprise customers, and an extremely focused use case. They are also way ahead of the curve regulation wise, which will inevitably find it's way into this space.

I know someone here asked about Stellar. It's basically an XRP clone. Read up on Jed McCaleb and his departure from Ripple. He basically forked the Ripple code, and tried to call it his own. He had issues and had to rebuild it, but it's essentially the same concept. The guy comes across as a complete jackass. He was the original creator of Mt GOX, and even though he sold it to the guy that eventually went down with it, several believe the issues started with him. BOA also backed out from pairing up with Ripple in the early days, strictly because Jed was associated.

BTW - For anyone interested, they have made strides this year. Ripple recently partnered with AMEX, with an aim to utilize XRP down the road. They also have over 100 of world's largest banks on their messaging software, RippleNet. They're slowly building the foundation right under everyone's noses, and soon a significant amount of banks will be on the same software, which makes using the native asset XRP a no brainer (using Ripplenet alone saves 30% for cross border payments, combined with XRP, it's 60+ %). The tech is able to accommodate 1500 transactions a second, with said transactions costing a fraction of a cent. Today, 61 banks in South Korea and Japan began testing cross border payments utilizing Ripple's blockchain technology, with plans to go live using XRP in the spring of 18'.

Furthermore, I'm a part of an excellent & connected Ripple chat community, in which David Schwartz, who is the Chief Cryptographer, and original architect of the Ripple ledger/XRP, regularly interacts with. When asked about upcoming partnerships this last week, he commented that while he couldn't go into the details, there are two huge household names, non-banks, soon to be announced (think possibly Visa/Mastercard, perhaps even Amazon, etc).

Anyone here who has sent a cross border payment will be able to attest to the time/cost it takes. Yes, there is a huge supply at 100 billion coins, but you have to account for the fact that the amount of daily international remittance is in the trillions. If they are able to capture even half of that market, the price per coin will be significant.

IMO, Ripple is a sleeping giant. Take it for what it's worth.

If they are able to capture even half of that market, the price per coin will be significant.

What application/site do you use to acquire the ERP/Ripple? Changelly?

Make sure you buy and cash out A LOT of crypto :icon_mrgreen:

As always you read my mind, it’s just scary how you do that year in and year out.

I like space, so yes huge budget for a massive space on 20 acres please.

All joking aside I am going to put my noodle in the water with crypto to start learning.

Hope you do the same!

My very best,

Eric

Gdax is coinbase I believe. Same login credentials

Yes does look like Coinbase and GDAX are linked. Nice you can put buy orders in on GDAX.

What application/site do you use to acquire the ERP/Ripple? Changelly?

Typo:

XRP/Ripple (not ERP)

It can't be purchased directly through Coinbase.....

Do you aquire bitcoin through Coinbase and convert to XRP through another source? If so, what source?

Typo:

XRP/Ripple (not ERP)

Do you aquire bitcoin through Coinbase and convert to XRP through another source? If so, what source?

Binance.com

Typo:

XRP/Ripple (not ERP)

There are several avenues. I've used Kraken to send funds in, and then bought directly from the USD pairing. Kraken has become awful to use lately. It's extremely slow and a pain in the ass to access most of the time. I've heard good things about bitstamp.net, and you can purchase with cards or bank account, with a direct USD pairing for XRP. Otherwise you would need to use an exchange such as Coinbase, buy BTC, transfer to an exchange that offers XRP, and buy it via the BTC/XRP pair. There are some rumors swirling that XRP may be added to coinbase here soon, but I have yet to see anything completely concrete. The CEO of Coinbase was originally against adding Ripple/XRP, as they had a conflict of interest with a project they were trying to accomplish themselves. However, it's become too big and the pressure is mounting to add it. They are just missing out on profits by not doing so. If it does become added to Coinbase, expect another surge in price from that event alone.

I got tired of the shit and sold all my coins at yesterdays spike. I ended up making a few bucks. Decided I'd rather spend the time on my job than messing with crypto at all.

Typo:

XRP/Ripple (not ERP)

Im using bittrex

Bought a significant amount around the same levels. I believe XRP/Ripple will become dominant in 2018. It's been "hated" on in general by the crypto community, because they have been working with the establishment, instead of against it. Logically however, they are on the right path, and the tech is first class. It's the only crypto with real enterprise customers, and an extremely focused use case. They are also way ahead of the curve regulation wise, which will inevitably find it's way into this space.

I know someone here asked about Stellar. It's basically an XRP clone. Read up on Jed McCaleb and his departure from Ripple. He basically forked the Ripple code, and tried to call it his own. He had issues and had to rebuild it, but it's essentially the same concept. The guy comes across as a complete jackass. He was the original creator of Mt GOX, and even though he sold it to the guy that eventually went down with it, several believe the issues started with him. BOA also backed out from pairing up with Ripple in the early days, strictly because Jed was associated.

BTW - For anyone interested, they have made strides this year. Ripple recently partnered with AMEX, with an aim to utilize XRP down the road. They also have over 100 of world's largest banks on their messaging software, RippleNet. They're slowly building the foundation right under everyone's noses, and soon a significant amount of banks will be on the same software, which makes using the native asset XRP a no brainer (using Ripplenet alone saves 30% for cross border payments, combined with XRP, it's 60+ %). The tech is able to accommodate 1500 transactions a second, with said transactions costing a fraction of a cent. Today, 61 banks in South Korea and Japan began testing cross border payments utilizing Ripple's blockchain technology, with plans to go live using XRP in the spring of 18'.

Furthermore, I'm a part of an excellent & connected Ripple chat community, in which David Schwartz, who is the Chief Cryptographer, and original architect of the Ripple ledger/XRP, regularly interacts with. When asked about upcoming partnerships this last week, he commented that while he couldn't go into the details, there are two huge household names, non-banks, soon to be announced (think possibly Visa/Mastercard, perhaps even Amazon, etc).

Anyone here who has sent a cross border payment will be able to attest to the time/cost it takes. Yes, there is a huge supply at 100 billion coins, but you have to account for the fact that the amount of daily international remittance is in the trillions. If they are able to capture even half of that market, the price per coin will be significant.

how are you purchasing ripple?