Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

As long as North Korea needs to use crypto currency to get hard cash. They’ll be pumping the markets up and down for their own benefit.

While the UFOs watch.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a friend of mine earlier today when bitcoin was around 16,500 and she was like if it goes down, it doesn't matter I am in it for the long haul.

She was crying tonight.

I told her, you haven't lost anything, because you didn't sell anything. It is just a market correction. I said, now is the time to buy.

And of course she had the: What if I sold at this price and bought back at this price? Yeah if only we knew.

It will be back.

No disrespect, but reminds me of this scene from one of my favorite movies:

Cryptos are the new Wild West...the time to get in and get out is now before the Sheriff come trying to get law and order locked in...

So is Bitcoin a bubble? It seems everyone and their grandmother is investing in it now. I see it here on L/P, hear about it in work, and see it on the news.

fcuking crazy night. LTC went down to $185 and is back up to $280. Bunch of Chinese whales out there selling coins tonight/this morning...

BTW, Charlie Lee does have a substantial amount of coins left. My guess is he dumped a bunch to avoid conflict of interest when Federal regulation comes in in 2018, which we all knew was going to happen eventually. If it doesn't pass in 2018, there will at the very least be legislation drafted up. Think about it.

Also, Charlie Lee, for those that don't know, is a CEO type behind LTC. Bitcoin still is anonymous and "scary" compared to LTC because there is a lot that we don't know, like for example, who the hell created it. Charlie Lee is also backing LTC with a lot of BTC he currently owns. He has stated he is willing to cater to Federal regs and shape it as needed when the time comes. Not going to lie, I panicked earlier when it dropped like a rock, but LTC for the long haul for me.

I'd suggest that you don't put all your life savings into cryptocoins. I've been reading up on them a bit, the only one that really does seem to have a future is Ripple. The idea and tech behind it have a practical objective purpose, other than that one, none convince me. I've been trying to find a way to use cryptos to do something practical, that is, get around capital controls in certain countries and move money with ease. Couldn't do it, because the exchange infrastructure is not sufficiently developed yet. So if it's not developed enough to be able to do something useful with them... then what's the point? Aside from it being so volatile, even if the infrastructure was sufficiently developed, I'd really want to at least get the money I put in back, but with these fluctuations and the possibility of a flash crash at any time, it's far too risky. So other than speculation they really don't have a use, at least not to me. And unless they become stable, they won't be widely accepted and their primary purpose will remain speculative. Would a merchant hold/accept a currency that can drop 20% in a matter of minutes, taking away his profit and possibly inflicting losses? Would an employee accept payment of wages in a currency so volatile? Are there any products whos costs and prices are solely calculated in btc? Yes they are becoming more and more accepted, but it won't stay this way if high volatility remains an issue.

If you've already made some money, I'd suggest you cash in what you originally invested, and play with house money. I think lots of people are going to get hurt on this soon enough. Heard about a guy who took a second mortgage on his home to invest in cryptos. Idiotic if you'd ask me. Also every day new crypto currencies are being launched, they will start competing with each other, and as in any competition there will be winners and loosers. Loosers will disappear and so will the investors money.

fcuking crazy night. LTC went down to $185 and is back up to $280. Bunch of Chinese whales out there selling coins tonight/this morning...

BTW, Charlie Lee does have a substantial amount of coins left. My guess is he dumped a bunch to avoid conflict of interest when Federal regulation comes in in 2018, which we all knew was going to happen eventually. If it doesn't pass in 2018, there will at the very least be legislation drafted up. Think about it.

Also, Charlie Lee, for those that don't know, is a CEO type behind LTC. Bitcoin still is anonymous and "scary" compared to LTC because there is a lot that we don't know, like for example, who the hell created it. Charlie Lee is also backing LTC with a lot of BTC he currently owns. He has stated he is willing to cater to Federal regs and shape it as needed when the time comes. Not going to lie, I panicked earlier when it dropped like a rock, but LTC for the long haul for me.

My guess is 5-8 months will be prime time to cash out of LTC. I'm glad I was able to grab it during a dip.

I'd suggest that you don't put all your life savings into cryptocoins. I've been reading up on them a bit, the only one that really does seem to have a future is Ripple. The idea and tech behind it have a practical objective purpose, other than that one, none convince me. I've been trying to find a way to use cryptos to do something practical, that is, get around capital controls in certain countries and move money with ease. Couldn't do it, because the exchange infrastructure is not sufficiently developed yet. So if it's not developed enough to be able to do something useful with them... then what's the point? Aside from it being so volatile, even if the infrastructure was sufficiently developed, I'd really want to at least get the money I put in back, but with these fluctuations and the possibility of a flash crash at any time, it's far too risky. So other than speculation they really don't have a use, at least not to me. And unless they become stable, they won't be widely accepted and their primary purpose will remain speculative. Would a merchant hold/accept a currency that can drop 20% in a matter of minutes, taking away his profit and possibly inflicting losses? Would an employee accept payment of wages in a currency so volatile? Are there any products whos costs and prices are solely calculated in btc? Yes they are becoming more and more accepted, but it won't stay this way if high volatility remains an issue.

If you've already made some money, I'd suggest you cash in what you originally invested, and play with house money. I think lots of people are going to get hurt on this soon enough. Heard about a guy who took a second mortgage on his home to invest in cryptos. Idiotic if you'd ask me. Also every day new crypto currencies are being launched, they will start competing with each other, and as in any competition there will be winners and loosers. Loosers will disappear and so will the investors money.

As with any investment, never put in more than you can afford to lose and diversify. If you spend $1,000 on 10 different currencies and 2 become the next BTC, then the other 8 losing coins will be irrelevant.

Dude.. You bought like $1200 worth. Why panic at All?

Ok tonight I had dinner with my architect and he starts talking about crypto LOL.

This guy is the straightest guy I've ever met extremely calculated etc I was laughing my ass off when he told me he bought bitcoin because I know his risk threshold is subzero, anyway, he started telling me that he bought bitcoin then he lent it to bitconnect. :eusa_think:

I was pissed because the food at this particular restaurant was utter crap, anyway I digress, just wanting to ask the experts here, how quickly is he going to lose his money?

When you search bitconnect scam pops up instantly LOL

Going down hard this morning, probably a lot of panic selling from all the uneducated waking up this morning and seeing a 30+% correction. I’m in for the longhull these pullbacks are part of it!

Litecoin at 130€, good thing I bought it when it was over 300€. :ninja:

Now trying to buy more but coinbase does not work, only gives errors. Feels like total scam.

Good thing I only bought super low amount, so not stressing.

Litecoin at 130€, good thing I bought it when it was over 300€. :ninja:

Now trying to buy more but coinbase does not work, only gives errors. Feels like total scam.

Good thing I only bought super low amount, so not stressing.

Coinbase is working extremely quick for me. I am personally grabbing a little more as the charts look like the next wave will hit in Q1 and really take off, especially if this whole big announcement thing holds true.

Crypto fire sale this morning for anyone who has been on the fence! Seems to have started to reverse though (I am not sure where the actual "bottom" was as these were just the quotes I saw a few minutes ago, I am at work so they may have been even lower for all I know).

Bitcoin was just $11500 a few minutes ago and is now $12120.

Litecoin was just $195 now $205.

ETH was just $530 now $560.

Part of me wonders if we'll be looking back at this dip years from now talking about when we had our last chance to get into these 3 around these prices, similar to the way we all look back at that short-lived tumble back under $2k for BTC earlier this year...shortly before it reversed hard and never looked back.

What a crazy year.

Ok tonight I had dinner with my architect and he starts talking about crypto LOL.

This guy is the straightest guy I've ever met extremely calculated etc I was laughing my ass off when he told me he bought bitcoin because I know his risk threshold is subzero, anyway, he started telling me that he bought bitcoin then he lent it to bitconnect. :eusa_think:

I was pissed because the food at this particular restaurant was utter crap, anyway I digress, just wanting to ask the experts here, how quickly is he going to lose his money?

When you search bitconnect scam pops up instantly LOL

All of the crypto currencies are a scam. Nothing is backing them. Not even bitcoin.

As far as bitconnect, who knows how long it will be around. I have made over $50,000 with it and counting. Recouped my original money already and also plenty of profit. Don't care when and if it fails.

LTC dropped almost 60%, BTC almost 45%, XRP almost 40%, nothing is backing any of this shit. They are all scams. But I don't give a shit, I am going to reinvest some cash today, cause none of the big ones are going anywhere anytime soon.

May be time to buy today and when you come out plus in your whole portfolio, for those who bought late then get out.

This is what the stock market bubble looked like. Up up up then one big drop day then it went back up then two weeks later the bottom fell out.

I’m a chicken. I had one whole litecoin and today I bought two more. It’s only $1000 so I may just play it out.

Crypto fire sale this morning for anyone who has been on the fence! Seems to have started to reverse though (I am not sure where the actual "bottom" was as these were just the quotes I saw a few minutes ago, I am at work so they may have been even lower for all I know).

Part of me wonders if we'll be looking back at this dip years from now talking about when we had our last chance to get into these 3 around these prices, similar to the way we all look back at that short-lived tumble back under $2k for BTC earlier this year...shortly before it reversed hard and never looked back.

What a crazy year.

that is what i am thinking too. Sucks that I could not buy, only after 6 tried it went through but price was already much up...

What a crazy year.

Half an hour later and we are now, $13100, $241, $640 and climbing.

All of the crypto currencies are a scam. Nothing is backing them. Not even bitcoin.

As far as bitconnect, who knows how long it will be around. I have made over $50,000 with it and counting. Recouped my original money already and also plenty of profit. Don't care when and if it fails.

LTC dropped almost 60%, BTC almost 45%, XRP almost 40%, nothing is backing any of this shit. They are all scams. But I don't give a shit, I am going to reinvest some cash today, cause none of the big ones are going anywhere anytime soon.

he's employing the same philosophy but I am sure this bastard will increase my fees if he loses his shirt on crypto LOL

I am sure they throttle access based on location. It is wrong but what can I do. Or then if it needs actual seller for me to be able to buy it is possible that there was just not anyone selling OR some other site is faster than coinbase and snags them.

You can VPN into somewhere in the US and it will appear as a Us based IP address. Very easy and cheap. however I seriously doubt they are throttling by location.

There is no way $200b left the market and $100b came back in 1 hour.. There is def something fishy about the way the market cap is calculated.. I said it was a big ponzi scheme from the beginning, and I am still along hold, but there is no way all of the coins lost the value they did and all the sudden they came back up. Especially with how hard they are to get into.

So this leads me to believe that every coin is tied to either bitcoin value or eth value. And when the big ones drop, the others follow suit..

There is no protection anywhere in the market at that point...

I'm still willing to wait it out and see what the funds get to. I do think 2018 will be a crazy year, but i'm not so sure someone that has $400k in an account can actually get out with the full $400k quickly... disturbing and interesting all at the same time.