Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Here is how one guy put it that I agree with. We have no idea how much of the total coin amount is relevant/not lost either.

"Why market cap is irrelevant:

Total market cap of bitcoin and some unnamed shitcoins in last 24 hours

72 billions > 64 billions

24 hours trade volume 3 billions(including trading between shitcoins)

Even assuming all the volume was from sold coins the market cap went down 3 times more.

So everybody concern with the fall in market cap and billions evaporated please take a break and breath.

There is no Armageddon happening, no whales running with billions, no Chinese mafioso withdrawing trillions from the market.

There are 1 million coins with 100$ price.

I sell 1000 coins and the market cap drops to 99$.

I pulled out 100 000$ but the market cap dropped by 1 million.

Marketcap is irrelevant.

And this should scare the shit out of people who invested in coins based on their rank on coinmarketcap."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is how one guy put it that I agree with. We have no idea how much of the total coin amount is relevant/not lost either.

Even assuming all the volume was from sold coins the market cap went down 3 times more.

So everybody concern with the fall in market cap and billions evaporated please take a break and breath.

There is no Armageddon happening, no whales running with billions, no Chinese mafioso withdrawing trillions from the market.

Marketcap is irrelevant.

And this should scare the shit out of people who invested in coins based on their rank on coinmarketcap."

I could care less about the drop in bitcoin. That is all temporary. But there are SO MANY ripple coins out there.

I could care less about the drop in bitcoin. That is all temporary. But there are SO MANY ripple coins out there.

What about the fact that it is incredibly difficult to buy ripple? Where does the value go if it's added to an exchange where it's easy? It should rise considerably even if only short term.

What about the fact that it is incredibly difficult to buy ripple? Where does the value go if it's added to an exchange where it's easy? It should rise considerably even if only short term.

I do totally agree with that statement. Coinbase could be an immediate double or triple.

Ooops!

Cryptocurrency expert kidnapped for $1 million bitcoin ransom

Engadget Mariella Moon,Engadget 24 minutes ago

Reactions

Reblog on Tumblr

Tweet

Email

On Tuesday, cryptocurrency expert Pavel Lerner was snatched by an armed gang wearing ski masks near his office in Ukraine. It was a kidnap-for-ransom scheme, but with a high-tech twist: instead of asking for easily traceable paper money, the kidnappers demanded to be paid $1 million worth of bitcoins. Turns out NY County District Attorney Cyrus Vance was right when he said we can expect cryptocurrency-related crimes (outside of cyber attacks) to be more common as its value surges. Vance made the statement after armed robbers held up a victim at gunpoint earlier this month to steal $1.8 million worth of virtual coins in New York.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cryptocurrency-e...-211900088.html

Do guys understand that 60% of xrp in circulation I believe is owned by ripple labs, a private corporation!

You have to get a kick out of one company who started ripple owns so much of the coin. Apparently xrp is climbing like crazy but who knows the future. Buy and pray.

Do guys understand that 60% of xrp in circulation I believe is owned by ripple labs, a private corporation!

You have to get a kick out of one company who started ripple owns so much of the coin. Apparently xrp is climbing like crazy but who knows the future. Buy and pray.

Correct - they addressed this concern by placing it in escrow lockup. They can only access 1 billion a month, to be used to incentive liquidity, expand business/ecosystem, etc. Whatever is unused goes back into escrow rotation. Explained in full detail here:

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-escrows-...predictability/

I'm frustrated. I cant get verified on any of the exchanges. I'm missing out on money.

:iamwithstupid: When Ripple shot up a few days ago I was pissed because I have trying to get verified for the last 2 weeks :tyson:

Marketcap is irrelevant.

Market cap is calculated the same for all. So all most of us are saying is for ripple to be $10/coin then it will overtake the "overall value" of bitcoin as the #1.. So yeah, you can say market cap doesnt matter.. But at the end of the day if you want to get your money back, or you are comparing one coin to another, market cap kind of does matter..

Coin value, market cap, and coins available are all part of the equation.

Market cap is calculated the same for all. So all most of us are saying is for ripple to be $10/coin then it will overtake the "overall value" of bitcoin as the #1.. So yeah, you can say market cap doesnt matter.. But at the end of the day if you want to get your money back, or you are comparing one coin to another, market cap kind of does matter..

Coin value, market cap, and coins available are all part of the equation.

Bitcoin $238,970,641,618 $14,246.30 $12,452,900,000 16,774,225 BTC 8.33% sparkline

Ripple $90,803,393,347 $2.34 $5,177,240,000 38,739,144,847 XRP * 8.84%

I have a question? I thought the whole premise of crypto currencies were that they were limited. Especially Bitcoin!

Therefore Bitcoin was the best play, because it was limited. I guess all of those thoughts should go out the window at this point.

Not stirring the shit here, I am just presenting an alternative view. Sincerely Vic

:iamwithstupid: When Ripple shot up a few days ago I was pissed because I have trying to get verified for the last 2 weeks :tyson:

I feel your pain. I registered on multiple exchanges and none have verified me. Looks like I'm going to miss out.

I have a question? I thought the whole premise of crypto currencies were that they were limited. Especially Bitcoin!

Therefore Bitcoin was the best play, because it was limited. I guess all of those thoughts should go out the window at this point.

Not stirring the shit here, I am just presenting an alternative view. Sincerely Vic

that's exactly my theory which is why i sold all of my XRP. granted it was unfortunately before the 10x it's recently had, but it's fundamentals have not changed and I dont like it for what it is. A centralised coin to be used by the banks. the reason I like crypto's is the exact opposite of what XRP is.

I'm frustrated. I cant get verified on any of the exchanges. I'm missing out on money.

I know the feeling. it was 74 cents when I stared this process.

I know the feeling. it was 74 cents when I stared this process.

I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get in on cryptocurrency or not. I'm waiting to get verified on Binance. I can't get verified on coinbase due to technical glitches. Every site there is a different reason for why I can't get verified.

I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get in on cryptocurrency or not. I'm waiting to get verified on Binance. I can't get verified on coinbase due to technical glitches. Every site there is a different reason for why I can't get verified.

How many times did you try verifying? Did you try using the app instead of a computer? Did you try different browsers? Be persistent.

I am going to sign up for binance right now. I will let you know how long it take me and what I have to do to get verified.

I am going to sign up for binance right now. I will let you know how long it take me and what I have to do to get verified.

So I already had a binance account but I am unverified. First thing I noticed is that you can't use IE to access it. I had to use firefox.

So I already had a binance account but I am unverified. First thing I noticed is that you can't use IE to access it. I had to use firefox.

Another thing I noticed. I used my passport and my drivers license to verify. I tried scanning it in on one of my 3 scanners. Each on of them had a problem, so I just used my iPhone 6 to take pictures of everything. The pictures were very clear. I submitted the documents in jpg format.

Now I am just waiting for level 2 approval.