Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Why do you think that?

Because Ether is out to take its blood and soul, aka flippening. Bitcoin has significantly limited utility compared to even other fund transfer coins. It's expensive, it takes fcuking forever, it's one of the primary coin pairs so as altcoins go up, Bitcoin goes down. I'm kinda salty that I have about 5 grand in Bitcoin. Could be used so much better in altcoins

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Ether is out to take its blood and soul, aka flippening. Bitcoin has significantly limited utility compared to even other fund transfer coins. It's expensive, it takes fcuking forever, it's one of the primary coin pairs so as altcoins go up, Bitcoin goes down. I'm kinda salty that I have about 5 grand in Bitcoin. Could be used so much better in altcoins

Which is why I like LTC

But this is true...BTC for store of value. LTC for payments. Quicker time, smaller fees. Once there is a good network connecting the two, game over.

I love talking about this. But, in reality, speculation is driving up the market, lol.

The last couple comment show a somewhat misunderstanding of these things, which is concerning if you're actually investing in these things for anything other than get rich quick, get out before it crashes.

LTC is really not much cheaper or quicker than BTC. Neither can come even remotely close to processing transactions are a rate and price needed for normal, real world usage. LTC is quicker and cheaper than BTC because less people use it and has a modestly higher throughput. BCH is quicker and cheaper than BTC too, but because hardly anyone uses it. There are vast amounts of coins that are quicker and cheaper than LTC and BTC.

As of right now, there isn't a single crypto currency that shows it can handle credit card levels of commerce (XRP is not a crypto currency btw.) Not even close in volume or cost or ease of use. Until there is, no coin is any better than any other. The short-term advantages are highly irrelevant to the goal of widespread use and adoption. If BTC solves this problem first, LTC might as well go to zero. There will be no need for coins that do the same thing once one solves this problem.

Even Ethereum. So what? Visa can handle 56K transactions per second. It could handle even more if they really cared and wanted to scale needlessly further. Alipay did 85K transactions per second this past Single's Day. Ethereum did a mere 1M in 24 hours recently and the fees were not cheap and the network was clogged.

In conclusion, BTC for store of value and LTC for payments makes little sense IMO. Both are potentially the same store of value and both are not viable for payments. From a store of value perspective, all that matters is that it's decentralized and secure. Speed and fees are pretty meaningless regarding store of value.

I need to apologize to everyone. As everyone can see ETH has been climbing quickly. So I officially bought in yesterday. And as soon as I did, my curse hit and it quit going up. That was all me, and I need to apologize.

So if anyone has a coin that they would like to go down, just let me know and I will buy it and next thing you know it will drop.

I need to apologize to everyone. As everyone can see ETH has been climbing quickly. So I officially bought in yesterday. And as soon as I did, my curse hit and it quit going up. That was all me, and I need to apologize.

So if anyone has a coin that they would like to go down, just let me know and I will buy it and next thing you know it will drop.

Sit tight on XRP, could be interesting with the Japan DMM launch today.

Well at the sake of sounding dumb over a $3000 investment. But we didn't buy Lambos cause they were safe. We are all a little fucked up and crazy, and we take risks. Go big or go home.

:iamwithstupid:

Not being reckless, but you don't see 10x, or 100x gains without a little sweat along the way. My crystal ball is about a good as a magic 8 ball that got dropped out of an airplane, so I just listen to the smart guys and as Roman said, follow the herd.

I've bought in a little here and a little there over time, and today my OCD kicked in and I had to round off to even numbers of coins instead of fractional ownership.

Next I'll clean my office...

Chad can your friend look into ZCL and see what he feels about the bitcoin private fork there?

Here is what he says

For those that bought it at a $1.76... nice gamble. At $176, hmm... It's a copy of ZCash, except I like that ZCash has some money going to the founders. ZClassic has all mined coin going to the miners, there is no long term strategy for funding development that way. I am concerned about pure POW coins long term because of energy used to mine the coin increasing over time AND miners controlling the code updates (miners controlling updates has been troublesome for BTC). Having said that, I would not be surprised if ZCL hits $250 this year the way this market is. I normally don't buy coins that are copies of other coins unless they add a lot more value than ZCL has added to ZCash. So I wouldn't buy it, but I don't think someone is dumb to buy a little of this one. I'm a little bullish in Dash right now. After watching an interview with one of their developers. Dash is creating code to allow it to be easily integrated into other software products like wallets, webpages, exchanges, etc.. Dash has the funds and the developers to really make headway. They don't just want to compete with crypto, they want to compete with paypal&visa. If their developer team comes through, it's going to be big.

Big BTC correction coming. Maybe down to $7-9k? It will all go back up end of Q1.

QRL is increasing nicely, thanks Chad!

not sure how it is today with everything down, but QRL seems pretty decent on the Alt coin side for sure. Wish I would have bought more QRL and less Tron.. haha.

I've bought in a little here and a little there over time, and today my OCD kicked in and I had to round off to even numbers of coins instead of fractional ownership.

Next I'll clean my office...

I do that. I hate having obscure numbers of holdings. It has to be a round or even number.

I get a headache just from reading this thread LOL

Start some better ones, I'm tired of this shit too. :icon_mrgreen:

I’m going to Vegas tomorrow for the end of the consumer electronics show and some meetings. I plan to invest in an alt coin called “chips” that you mine with a pair of dice.

just back from Vegas/CES, crypto did better then my chips this time... :)

I’m going to Vegas tomorrow for the end of the consumer electronics show and some meetings. I plan to invest in an alt coin called “chips” that you mine with a pair of dice.

Same with me i will be investing in "ATS" at the wynn

View more sharing options

Shares

Kodak hit headlines this week when the company announced a plan to launch “photo-centric cryptocurrency to empower photographers and agencies to take greater control in image rights management”. In other words, the venerable camera company is getting in on the bitcoin hype.

Shares in Kodak, which had been largely flat for the previous three months and steadily declining for the five years before that, more than doubled in the following 24 hours, as the company insisted that it was not simply pumping out “hot buzzwords”

the guardian

I think that Bitcoin won't last forever and )

It consumes too much energy and is no more doing what it was made for...

Good... We dont care.

Speaking of electricity cost, what if one sets up a large farm with plenty solar power and batterie back up so you arent reliant on the grid and at the same time reduce or nil your energy cost, is it worth mining ?

Not that I know how to mine this crap or what's involved but I could certainly provide the facility and talk to few geeks LOL, I have access to 700 acres of land, there is no shortage of sun here, I am assuming you need a VERY good internet connection, am I right? That might be a bit of an issue with the location of the land.

Very interesting.

Speaking of electricity cost, what if one sets up a large farm with plenty solar power and batterie back up so you arent reliant on the grid and at the same time reduce or nil your energy cost, is it worth mining ?

Not that I know how to mine this crap or what's involved but I could certainly provide the facility and talk to few geeks LOL, I have access to 700 acres of land, there is no shortage of sun here, I am assuming you need a VERY good internet connection, am I right? That might be a bit of an issue with the location of the land.

Very interesting.

I guess it depends on how much it would cost to set up the big wind turbine.

A lot of the mining is actually done in Iceland where they have cheap geothermal power.

I guess it depends on how much it would cost to set up the big wind turbine.

A lot of the mining is actually done in Iceland where they have cheap geothermal power.

I am thinking solar.

I am thinking solar.

Wind power sucks. Solar is better but you need to know the full scope of what you're getting into. You can always PM if you're serious ( I am in the energy industry after all).

If you wanna mine like a boss, you'll go with a nuclear setup :icon_mrgreen: