Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, let me ask the neighbors how they feel about a nuclear plant next door LOL

When they see how much energy they save and how much they will be able to sell back, they will thank you :icon_mrgreen:

When they see how much energy they save and how much they will be able to sell back, they will thank you :icon_mrgreen:

They might not like their twin head dog 🐕 but hey it’s all in the name of science :lol2:

Jokes aside I wouldn’t mind investing in something like that if it works out to be lucrative, even if the shit hits the fan with all this crypto stuff, realestate is realestate :ph34r:

They might not like their twin head dog 🐕 but hey it’s all in the name of science :lol2:

Jokes aside I wouldn’t mind investing in something like that if it works out to be lucrative, even if the shit hits the fan with all this crypto stuff, realestate is realestate :ph34r:

Not a bad idea.

They might not like their twin head dog but hey it’s all in the name of science :lol2:

The capital cost to set up a mining operation is pretty high. It would need to run 24/7 on cheap electricity (not Australian prices);to be profitable. To try run large scale on solar would likely still not yield great returns here as what you pay here when the sun is down would still be too expensive to make it worthwhile. Better off just buying a property and making money the traditional way IMO.

The big miners are paying over $1m euro per month in electricity (their energy cost is circa 5.5c us per kwh) to have a viable business.

If you scale it down and assume australian energy prices for even just the non sunlight hours I think you would be walking pretty close to breakeven which is not worthwhile for the capital outlay IMO. And that's not even thinking about your cooling expenses which would be massive here in QLD. Just ask Scud

Has anyone heard of “cloud mining”? I just saw someone post about it on FB. Apparently those that have a rig can somehow “lease” it to you through the cloud.

just fyi someone can correct me if im wrong, on a good pc you're making $3 mining something per day..

The capital cost to set up a mining operation is pretty high. It would need to run 24/7 on cheap electricity (not Australian prices);to be profitable. To try run large scale on solar would likely still not yield great returns here as what you pay here when the sun is down would still be too expensive to make it worthwhile. Better off just buying a property and making money the traditional way IMO.

The big miners are paying over $1m euro per month in electricity (their energy cost is circa 5.5c us per kwh) to have a viable business.

If you scale it down and assume australian energy prices for even just the non sunlight hours I think you would be walking pretty close to breakeven which is not worthwhile for the capital outlay IMO. And that's not even thinking about your cooling expenses which would be massive here in QLD. Just ask Scud

just fyi someone can correct me if im wrong, on a good pc you're making $3 mining something per day..

Last week I was averaging 20$ each day mining bitcoin on 2 overclocked GTX 1080 Ti´s. So about 600$ each month.

It would be nice to be the guy making all the picks and shovels needed for mining. Or maybe running a giant australian solar data center and leasing the space and electricity to miners.

Seems like computer GPU is better for eth and some alt coins, while ASICs is primarily for bitcoin? As someone else put it:

ASIC:

Advantages

Compact form factor.

Gigantic hash power right out the box.

Ese to use.

No need for other components only PSU to run it.

Disadvantages

Very Noisy fans

Hard to buy you need to preorder

Hard to sell

You can mine Lightcoin and Bitcoin.

GPU:

Advantages

Can mine several coins at once.

You can tune the video cards to consume less electricity.

Supports many coins.

Easy to buy.

Easy to sell.

Disadvantages

Complicated to configure mining rig to start mining.

To start mining you need a case,cpu,ssd, ram, motherboard, and psu.

Another explanation here - https://www.trymining.com/pages/asic-vs-gpu

I got into mining by chance. I built myself a gaming PC early 2017 anyways and added a GTX 1080 Ti for around 800€ in the summer. Turned out it is one of the best mining GPU´s at the moment. At 14,000$ per bitcoin I was making 18-20$ per day once I added the 2nd GTX 1080 Ti. They have together mined enough BTC by now to pay themselves of after about 3 months. Plus I can resell them both for at least 600-700€ at the moment.

My strategy right now is to keep mining. I will sell both cards in April and add 2 new Ampere Cards from Nvidia once they release them. They will be cooled with a custom watercooling loop connected to a compressor unit to keep them cool over the summer.

In BTC terms 2 GTX 1080 Tis will earn around 0.0012-0.0016 BTC each day.

The scary thing from an investment point of view is the volatility of the market along with the fact that I know nothing about it :(

Funding it wouldn’t be an issue but if I can’t control and handle it myself I have no confidence investing.

I think we hit the bottom.

BTC was 10,100 now 12200

ETH was 800 now 1150

XRP was .92 now 1.23

LTC was 145 now 210

XVG was .06 now .085

TRX was .045 now .06

These are just some of the ones I own. Wish I had the cash to buy at the bottom.

I think we hit the bottom.

BTC was 10,100 now 12200

ETH was 800 now 1150

XRP was .92 now 1.23

LTC was 145 now 210

XVG was .06 now .085

TRX was .045 now .06

These are just some of the ones I own. Wish I had the cash to buy at the bottom.

Lower highs and lower lows is most definitely not a signal of the bottom. BTC $11,3xx as of writing.

Given how much it's run up over the past year (based on limited mass adoption), logic would say it has a lot further to fall.