Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Looking at the charts I wouldn’t be surprised if today’s low is the lowest we might see. It will retest that low though for sure but I doubt it falls lower.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the charts I wouldn’t be surprised if today’s low is the lowest we might see. It will retest that low though for sure but I doubt it falls lower.

I'm seeing the 200 MA between 7000-8000 so I think that's what we'll be testing soon

So now we have retreated back to $10,000 again

Given that the average Bitcoin investor I meet regularly is an Uber driver from some part of Eastern Europe or Africa who loves to talk about it and has invested since the big move and all the publicity in October it will be interesting to see how many people decide to sell out now with relatively small losses

Personally I still think its going down but I've been burnt badly before going short before only for the market to "illogically" jump back up

As a trading instrument I hate the fact that so much of the underlying is held by the top 100 holders and there is nothing to stop these big holders working together to manipulate the price and given the relatively shallow depth of market it must be easy to do

How any regulator allowed a Futures contract to be launched to still beyond me

wouldn't it be a safe assumption to think that the big boys that can now play with futures ...and are also dabbling in crypto are going to purposely cause massive up/down swings (in what is a still young and unregulated market) to make money on both the big ups and the big downs? I wouldn't be surprised to see this yo-yo for some time while the major players are making money on both sides. Seems to easy?

I think we hit the bottom.

BTC was 10,100 now 12200

ETH was 800 now 1150

XRP was .92 now 1.23

LTC was 145 now 210

XVG was .06 now .085

TRX was .045 now .06

These are just some of the ones I own. Wish I had the cash to buy at the bottom.

I do not think a bottom has been reached yet.

A month ago I predicted that this might happen and I believe there is more selling to come.

It would not surprise me what so ever if there was a significant pull back across the board on all of these after the new year as people that have been holding them in excess of one full year lock in their profits in 2018. I would categorize these type of high risk investors as the rinse and repeat speculative investors that will buy and hold for at least one year in order to minimize their tax liability to 20%, otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

Just saying. Sincerely Vic

wouldn't it be a safe assumption to think that the big boys that can now play with futures ...and are also dabbling in crypto are going to purposely cause massive up/down swings (in what is a still young and unregulated market) to make money on both the big ups and the big downs? I wouldn't be surprised to see this yo-yo for some time while the major players are making money on both sides. Seems to easy?

Agree

The silver lining is that this happened now, and not later when crypto would be much more mainstream.

Nice little rebound across the board. The swings on this stuff amazes me! If you could even get semi-close to figuring out the swings you could make a killing with relatively little money invested.

What I find a little nerve wrecking is how to quickly move funds OUT crypto quickly? You can easily exchange altcoin to altcoin but when you want to park funds on the sideline nowhere seems safe. They are ALL super volatile. Even BTC. If anyone has a strategy they would like to share I'd love to know.

No interest in talking about Cloud Mining?

http://www.cloudminingreviews.com/

I'm going to look into this as an alternative. While your computer isn't utilized, just to be on the safe side use a stand alone PC and place it on a different subnet so it's isolated from the rest of the computers at my house.

The thing is finding a cloud hosting company that's not a scam. Everything I've read so far recommends Genesis.

Damn. You telling me all the folks who like crypto suddenly poured the money back in just like that?

So this has to be institutional, right? If that's the case, tying it to BTC is reserve for Chinese against US debt, can we make a case this is US showing its muscle? Or is this simply good old Goldman trying to make profit on anything that moves.

post-11867-1516285605_thumb.png

Damn. You telling me all the folks who like crypto suddenly poured the money back in just like that?

So this has to be institutional, right? If that's the case, tying it to BTC is reserve for Chinese against US debt, can we make a case this is US showing its muscle? Or is this simply good old Goldman trying to make profit on anything that moves.

Brother, I think the guys that know the game (Wall Street and the Valley) way better than us are making an absolute murder right now. Obviously the market is being played. Now how do we get a piece of the action? lol :eusa_think:

--I find the whole crypto market fascinating. Who knows what this will evolve to one day. The simplest thing I can see is these companies/ Alt coins coming to market are essentially doing a mini IPO (ICO) to raise capital for whatever BS problem they are claiming to want to solve. The coins and the companies are completely separate and you can simply view this as an easy, cheap, and unregulated way to go public/ raise money --and trade shares(coins). The few at the top which are attempting to be a new currency like BTC and ETH are probably going to be around forever. So is this turning into a whole new market that essentially allows the avg Joe to be a VC?

Maybe I'm simplifying too much but I see something like this evolving quickly if regulators don't step in soon.

Back in the day you could buy a shell of a penny stock company for $50,000. Then you could issue yourself as many shares as you want, give shares to people to promote your nonexistent company. Put up a website and lure suckers in, then cash out and delist.

These icos look even less legit. I wonder how close it is to do the same thing with one.

What we should talk about is how to benefit via businesses that will employ crypto as payment. One idea was what if you made a site for freelancers, but payment only in crypto. Tagline "From freelancer, to an entrepreneur" sort of thing. Hope that while you're poaching clients from Upwork they are too slow to implement this themselves :)

Shouldn’t the thread title be “Is anyone left in the Bitcoin market?” :icon_mrgreen:

just ridding the wave. look back in history and it's done this same thing over and over.

I don't think the actual Market Cap value is the true Value.. These Alt coins are wayyyy to hard to get out of as quickly as money was being taken out.. Somehow the Altcoin value is tied in with BTC and ETH value. It's amazing how when the market is going up all the exchanges are "too overloaded" to handle the volume, but yet with the market going down 300billion in 2 days I didn't hear anything about it..

There are definitely things about the crypto market I don't like, but I do know most of the players are gamblers and their money won't stay on the sidelines for long. It always gets dumped back in.

Let's create our own coin - LPC

Stolen from elsewhere and I modified it to fit:

OK, after some considerable wrangling and huge setup costs, we have an ICO ready to go and LPCoin is up and running. You can mine them for $1 each, just Paypal cash to the mods. LP also takes 911s, Lambos and most other metal and will convert that at the current rate (which is whatever we say it is and could be +/- about 50% of what you think it is worth).

Alternatively, you can use HashLP and setup your PC and allow us to install some random software on it that burns CPU and for that you get 0.5 LPCoin per day into a wallet for you.

All LPCoin are held securely on LPWallet servers, which are encrypted and really safe so you don't have to worry about the nitty gritty of complicated computery type things. Simples.

When we've got anywhere between 20-60m of investments, LP promises not to claim it has been hacked and disappear with all the dosh. Honest.

No-one would ever fall for that, would they....

One of the replies was amusing as well:

Put me down for $100000 worth of LPCoin - I'm going to pay with my new personal Crypto Currency, The JackArse. I've so far mined 1000 JackArse bills worth $100 each. Mining the JackArse is a much more environmentally friendly process than bitcoin. I simply take the toilet paper I use to wipe my arse after a dump and instead of putting down the toilet I carefully fold it back in a safety deposit box. The issuing of additional JackArse currency is strictly limited to my lifespan, so the finite availability should ensure a meteoric rise in value of the JA.