Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamborghini Newport Beach must be kicking themselves in the ass for selling that Tesla Model S for Bitcoins - unless they dumped them right away. They got in around ~$1200 and now its down to $700..

Lamborghini Newport Beach must be kicking themselves in the ass for selling that Tesla Model S for Bitcoins - unless they dumped them right away. They got in around ~$1200 and now its down to $700..

according to CNN

But the dealer didn't need to worry about the risks associated with the volatile currency. BitPay locked in Tuesday's Bitcoin price for both the buyer and the dealership, Davy said.

"We're not in the business of speculating so at the end of the day we want to sell the car as priced," he said

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/06/autos/tesl...tml?iid=SF_T_LN

Anyone know where I can get a hold of a bitcoin miner at a good price? Not the crazy ebay prices.

should be at least 1Th, but could be split up between two jupiters running at 560 gh.

Thanks!

1 TH is probably around $40k right now....

can try here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

butterfly labs had a black friday deal where they were selling the 50 gh units for $1875 each, that would have been $37,500 for 1 TH...

Anyone know where I can get a hold of a bitcoin miner at a good price? Not the crazy ebay prices.

should be at least 1Th, but could be split up between two jupiters running at 560 gh.

Thanks!

From the outside looking in it seems that the problem with trying to get into mining past this point is that the massive explosion of ASIC chip deliveries over the last six months has upped the competition level to the point where even a $25-50k hardware investment will likely only be productive or worth running for the next 4-6 months if the exponential growth of ASIC miner shipments continues...and that's being generous.

It's really amazing how large groups have thrown $1M+ hardware setups at this thing recently, last year at this time a guy with just a lowly ATi video card was making a decent amount of money mining... :shock:

I don't worry. I only got 15 coins. Going to just hold and check on them in the year. Not worried about the day to day stuff.

There's no doubt in my mind that the US Gov will eventually ban bitcoins as well. Anonymous currencies are against the interest of every government.

Quartz's Zachary Seward called it a "cautious blessing," with Bernanke acknowledging the Fed doesn't have the authority to supervise virtual currencies, but that they "may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system.”

There's no doubt in my mind that the US Gov will eventually ban bitcoins as well. Anonymous currencies are against the interest of every government.

• 1 month later...

Bitcoin prices plunge as problems persist.

Bitcoin prices plunged again Monday morning after Mt.Gox, the major exchange for the virtual currency, said technical problems require it to continue its ban on customer withdrawals.

Mt.Gox said it has discovered a bug that causes problems when customers try to use their account to make a transfer or payment of bitcoins to a third party. It said the problem is not with Mt.Gox software but affects all transfers of bitcoins to third parties.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-pric...-124100565.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1...o_7th_february/

Is anyone doing lite coin or feather coin instead since they haven't taken off like bit coin has yet?

I currently mine Litecoin but have also mined FeatherCoin in the past... mainly just for Fun. I've made quite a bit of money off Litecoin and its been fun building rigs. Keeping them cool in the summer is the hard part ;)

Bitcoin prices plunge as problems persist.

Bitcoin prices plunged again Monday morning after Mt.Gox, the major exchange for the virtual currency, said technical problems require it to continue its ban on customer withdrawals.

Mt.Gox said it has discovered a bug that causes problems when customers try to use their account to make a transfer or payment of bitcoins to a third party. It said the problem is not with Mt.Gox software but affects all transfers of bitcoins to third parties.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-pric...-124100565.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1...o_7th_february/

For anyone involved in Bitcoin they know this article is full of crap. First off, mtgox has been the laughing stock as far as exchanges go for well over a year now... secondly, this particular "hole" they are claiming in the bitcoin protocol has been there for years, isn't really a hole, and isn't that big a deal. Mtgox is just clueless on how to run a decent exchange and you can tell it has been amateur hour there for quite some time.

For people into bitcoin, its a yawn event. It has effected the price and that is fine, just a dip to buy in. Personally, as long as bitcoin stays over $100 I'm fine with it.

Iv been looking into the best way to get into BTC.

The waiting time on mining equipment and the difficulty increase over the same amount of time seems a little bi-polar for me, even though I would be willing to make a substantial investment.

I guess I will start buying on the dips through Coinbase and hope for the best in the future of Bitcoin. There are a lot of positives that can be done through Bitcoin's. There is still enormous upside potential.

Iv been looking into the best way to get into BTC.

The waiting time on mining equipment and the difficulty increase over the same amount of time seems a little bi-polar for me, even though I would be willing to make a substantial investment.

I guess I will start buying on the dips through Coinbase and hope for the best in the future of Bitcoin. There are a lot of positives that can be done through Bitcoin's. There is still enormous upside potential.

I agree with you on both points. The easiest way to get BTC right now is to mine LTC and exchange it for BTC. There are no ASIC's out for Litecoin so it's still possible to build rigs to get decent amounts.

I currently have about 15 MH/s of scrypt hashrate and about 245 GH/s of sha hash going.

If you are going to build scrypt rigs get the Sapphire R9 280X Toxic's... they run stable at 810kh/s at very cool temps. Awesome cards, just hard to get right now. You can get cheap motherboards and run 6 of them per rig.

Here's an image.. the CPU in the system can't drive all 6 cards at full speed. If I run 1 or 2 I get 810, but when running all 6 (I have 2 1200 watt powersupplies) the load on the machine goes to 7 and the hash rate drops a tad... also they run a bit quicker at 75/76 celsius but I don't like driving the fans at 85+% 24/7 so I run them a bit cooler then that...

2NDpYfa.jpg

Am I the only one who is clueless about Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dodgecoin?

Can someone please care to break it down into lay man's terms?

Coins are generated by performing mathematical calculations which are them submitted to the network... most are worthless but every once in a while one is like a lottery ticket and worth "coins".

The coins can be transferred to anyone for free almost instantly.

It truly is digital currency. The reason why governments are cracking down on it is because they do not control it and they are scared.