Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

I hope. I don't understand how anyone fits in the lp 570. I'm only 5'9 and my head hits the ceiling.

Thats cause you have another 6 inches on top of your head of furry mohawk..

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats cause you have another 6 inches on top of your head of furry mohawk..

Haha no mohawk when I last sat in one. It was a car I was considering, but after sitting in one I realized there was no point in even taking it for a drive.

I wonder if that will screw up with the diffs, I guess we will have to wait and see the technical specs.

So will yours be white?

im thinking either vent roadster or cane spider in white for my next car. I also want to see the new updated 12c spider to make a final decision.

good luck with yours!

Haha no mohawk when I last sat in one. It was a car I was considering, but after sitting in one I realized there was no point in even taking it for a drive.

Dont understand why.. Did you adjust the seat? Im 6ft, no issues..

Dont understand why.. Did you adjust the seat? Im 6ft, no issues..

Does it lower? I thought height was fixed? Maybe I just have short legs and a tall upper body lol. I fit in the car but my hair was touching the top (hair was maybe 1 inch high) and I felt that I was looking out of the windshield at a weird downwards angle. Anyways don't want to derail the thread.

It's nice. And I'm sure it's very nice in person. But honestly, doesn't it just look primarily like a mildly face-lifted Gallardo (both inside and out)?

And yes, I am surprised they started off the model, from a performance perspective, at what sounds like bottom-of-the-segment performance.

going to be a long road to TT the new car... look how long it's been for the Aventador, and there still are no performance numbers....

economies of scale make the GT-R work, many more cars, many more shops in the game, you can get into one for $60k and build a monster for another $40k....

After all these years they have developed many upgraded parts for the GTR tranny. I know that some people like Cranberry have spend years drag racing on them with no issue, and then it eventually blew out (950hp).. Same goes for the Porsche PDK.. you dont hear about any very high hp cars out there..

Cool to see the car in the Hexagon video, but the excessive burnouts in the parking lot are dumb and not exciting to watch. As far as performance goes, the power to weight shouldn't be a shock to anyone, it's what everyone predicted. My Gallardo is quite a bit slower than my Mp4, but I dont enjoy the car any less because of it. In fact, its more fun to drive. The fact that they are putting a DCT in the Huracan has me over the moon!

Cool to see the car in the Hexagon video, but the excessive burnouts in the parking lot are dumb and not exciting to watch. As far as performance goes, the power to weight shouldn't be a shock to anyone, it's what everyone predicted. My Gallardo is quite a bit slower than my Mp4, but I dont enjoy the car any less because of it. In fact, its more fun to drive. The fact that they are putting a DCT in the Huracan has me over the moon!

Videos were less than desirable and at the end when they were taking the corner into the parking garage it looked as

if the car hadn't caught traction making that right turn it might have ended up in a concrete column. Stupid

Car is absolutely stellar.. cannot wait to see it in the flesh

We can all guess the performance based upon published numbers but I cannot see any of these being real world.

They have to print something. This car should top all of the numbers but by how much is anyone's guess.

So RaginBull was the final feature we hadn't heard about RWD/AWD selectability? Because the car in the final HexagonProject was definitely RWD (unless they just removed the driveshaft for sake of the video...).

So Ferrari-like "all controls on the steering wheel" and now the Reverse button is on the center console... I don't know if I like that...

True.. But still.. Look how excited you are about the car.. The performance compros will surely come.. You dont want to be reading about your favorite car being at the bottom. Atleast with the Porsche, if it is slower than an Mp4 you know that a simple ECU and exhaust swap will handle it. The solution on the Huracan is not so simple, or inexpensive. Dont get me wrong, I love this car, I just hope I dont have to hear how a stock GTR will blow its doors off.

+1 again. We are all in awe of the car now. But wait until you pay 270 plus for a fully loaded one and you see a stock GTR, 911, or MP4 just demolish your car in a straight line. You are going to get sad real quick.

Love they have the magnetic ride suspension as an option. It was fantastic in my R8.

They say a new 5.2L v10. Wonder what they changed in it? Wonder how much power is left on the table for a SL version.

So RaginBull was the final feature we hadn't heard about RWD/AWD selectability? Because the car in the final HexagonProject was definitely RWD (unless they just removed the driveshaft for sake of the video...).

So Ferrari-like "all controls on the steering wheel" and now the Reverse button is on the center console... I don't know if I like that...

The Huracan will be very fast and much more fun than any of the other cars in that price range. There are a few cool tricks to the Huracan. I haven't seen the latest videos or press release yet so I am not sure what information has been released.

As far as the buttons on the steering wheel - I love it! My FF has the same wheel as the 458 and that was the only thing I loved about the 458 (see my review on here a few years ago). I love the turn signals being right there. The more I can do without taking my hands off the wheel the better.

The Huracan will be very special. It will be a blast to drive. Whether a new McLaren will be faster doesn't matter to me or anyone else who actually drives these cars on public roads. The Huracan will continue the tradition of Lamborghini's being the most fun and exciting experience in the real world.

There will be a RWD variant in 2015.

There are a few cool tricks to the Huracan. I haven't seen the latest videos or press release yet so I am not sure what information has been released.

Nice catch MoreLambo.

This would be supremely cool and definitely a way to market differentiation. RWD / AWD selectability aka Hoonigan / Gentleman mode. If it's true sign me up!

I feel like they are being VERY conservative with the numbers in order to protect the Aventador, at least until it gets its midlife update.

I feel like they are being VERY conservative with the numbers in order to protect the Aventador, at least until it gets its midlife update.

I agree... similar to 458 vs Enzo.

+1 again. We are all in awe of the car now. But wait until you pay 270 plus for a fully loaded one and you see a stock GTR, 911, or MP4 just demolish your car in a straight line. You are going to get sad real quick.

Love they have the magnetic ride suspension as an option. It was fantastic in my R8.

They say a new 5.2L v10. Wonder what they changed in it? Wonder how much power is left on the table for a SL version.

The only one of those cars that should be faster in a straight line is the MP4. This car should trap around 130-31 IMO, which is not much faster than the outgoing SL, but is about where everyone knew it would be given the Aventador's performance.

Videos were less than desirable and at the end when they were taking the corner into the parking garage it looked as

if the car hadn't caught traction making that right turn it might have ended up in a concrete column. Stupid

You spend 3 videos watching a pair of idiots running around being idiots and they're suddenly supposed to be Valentino Balboni in the 4th video?

I hope. I don't understand how anyone fits in the lp 570. I'm only 5'9 and my head hits the ceiling.

It's not just you Sprite. I'm cramped in both 570 and Performante; at 6 feet not exactly a giant.

Surprised with the Huracan nobody has addressed the start stop eco mode. Those of you with 2014s with this (Range Rover, etc.) know it's pretty polarizing. I personally hate it, don't like the dead silence at stop lights, if I wanted a hybrid I'd buy one. Will be interesting to see how owners react to this feature.

It's not just you Sprite. I'm cramped in both 570 and Performante; at 6 feet not exactly a giant.

Surprised with the Huracan nobody has addressed the start stop eco mode. Those of you with 2014s with this (Range Rover, etc.) know it's pretty polarizing. I personally hate it, don't like the dead silence at stop lights, if I wanted a hybrid I'd buy one. Will be interesting to see how owners react to this feature.

I haven't driven a Lambo with Start Stop but in a Porsche there's a button on the center console that disables it. Seems like a reasonable approach to meet emissions regulations (and for the owners that don't want to waste gas) if I can easily deactivate it with the press of a button.

You can turn it off can't you? Or does it have to be selected to not do it every time you start the car?

The only one of those cars that should be faster in a straight line is the MP4. This car should trap around 130-31 IMO, which is not much faster than the outgoing SL, but is about where everyone knew it would be given the Aventador's performance.

No way in hell it traps 130. R8 plus traps like 123 to 125 and from the specs is only .3 seconds slower 100 to 200 kmh.

A lp570 really only traps like 123 to 125. Don't believe all the magazine crap you see.

It is very interesting to me where the designers inversed the characteristics of the replacements in a sense. With the Aventador sharing the side intake and door lines with the Gallardo and the Huracan looking very similar to the Murcielago with the smooth side profile. It will be interesting to see the facelifts down the road.

2012-lamborghini-aventador-lp700-side.jp lamborghini-gallardo-LP-550-2-valentino-

huracan-1-700x402.jpg 112_0710_16z%202007_lamborghini_murciela