Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

the lower rear bumper was a flat black color, looked and felt cheap.... other than that, I'm in, ordered and spec'd mine a while ago...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exact same motor stroke and bore as the lp570 but is definitely different.

****someone needs to confirm but I was told 20 injectors are standard on this car. I couldn't understand Italian rep. ****

I was also told that it had 20 injectors but the stroke was longer.

I was also told that it had 20 injectors but the stroke was longer.

Correct - two injectors per cylinder. Yes - the Italian tech guy was difficult to understand

I hope you have a great time!!

Thanks! I did.

Some impressions:

I was surprised that in order to add oil one must remove the CF engine bay cover. No more dip stick - electronic check only (I miss cars with dip sticks).

Nose lift is not currently standard. It was explained that the wiring harness is built to spec and there is NO plug and play for doing it after market. They are trying to figure out whether to charge more and make it standard - but for now they want people to know that if you don't order the nose lift - you CANNOT retrofit.

The car was silver with a two tone interior - black with white inserts in the seats, dash.

It sounded good when they started, revved it.

Interior is a BIG upgrade - very "Aventador-like".

The boot seems tiny. The tool kit and compressor were missing but I'm told the car will have them. There was a space under the bonnet for each.

They said there was more room behind the seats but I'd dispute that - it seemed similar to mine.

It's a bigger, wider car with less storage (then again, who needs storage?). We could comfortably travel for several days in our car. I doubt very much we'd both get our duffle bags into this one. They didn't have cubic foot comparisons yet.

No more billet machined gas cap! The cap is integral to the door that opens the fuel filler. I'd miss that beautiful machined hunk of metal that feels SO substantial. No more dash button for fuel filling - it is locked when the car is locked, and unlocked when the car is unlocked (which makes sense)

They said the two cars touring the U.S. are both silver. The other one has a "terra cotta" interior and different wheels. I was told their reasoning behind silver is to attract a different demographic.

I saw the car yesterday, it looks stunning, home run for Lambo. The interior is pure sex. Who gives a fcuk about the HP figures, it is fast enough for just about anyone.

Just saw the car at private viewing at new Sydney dealer so had quality time. I think Lambo or maybe the new dealership are getting quite serious in getting pre orders than in the past. Had configurator already prepared except dash shows Veneno instrument panel as option.

My comments:

- Much better in person than in pics and like many have said interior is great. Not sure if room was dark but windshield looked small and outlook to the front doesnt seem right. Engine sounded great.

- Price in Australia is a home run compared to Gallardo, 458 and MP4 especially with some of the standard equipment and is nearly half price to Aventador. Also we get magnetic ride as standard ? I thought this was one that would be left as option. Also there is a dynamic power steering option ?

- Clear engine bonnet you get the new carbon finish which IMHO i didnt like.

- 458 steering wheel people felt ackward but Huracan has done identical including sport, corsa on the steering wheel

- OZ car was in metallic brown.

Fortis- sports exhaust upgrade is like aventador software update. Asia pac rep says not available from day one and in Australia you have to sign disclaimer. You can hear difference on startup between the modes but once warm difference not as big but bridges gap for those not wanting to go aftermarket. Also Rosso Mars on configurator i like :) with the bicolor interior and red stitching.

I'd like to own a 2nd/3rd year production car or the later Spyder when tweaks are made and more options are available.

Car leaves Sydney tomorrow to go to another dealership. Order bank is 8 months at the moment.

Look forward to hearing and seeing the reviews and official test.

Finally a replacement!

I saw the car yesterday, it looks stunning, home run for Lambo. The interior is pure sex. Who gives a fcuk about the HP figures, it is fast enough for just about anyone.

Exactly, I can't wait to drive the wheels off this one also :eusa_dance:

Supa-G,

I think that is why my brother asked for a Jan/Feb 2015 build. Just to iron out the bugs.

I still think metallic White or Balloon white will be the best colour for this car.

Lambo claims 500,000 kms of testing on this car, I hope they had enough time to iron bugs, I guess we will soon see, someone has to be the sacrificial lamb, I will take one for the team :icon_mrgreen:

Example of real world testing is aventador changing wheel setup to staggered in the Dione wheels and suspension tweaks cos they probably didn't do a lot of city driving, crap roads and start stop traffic due to the secretive nature of new models.

Buyer dependent I suppose some want to be first on the block no probs.

Example of real world testing is aventador changing wheel setup to staggered in the Dione wheels and suspension tweaks cos they probably didn't do a lot of city driving, crap roads and start stop traffic due to the secretive nature of new models.

Buyer dependent I suppose some want to be first on the block no probs.

Not necessarily wanting to be first on the block, I have my own philosophy in life also I am extremely impatient :icon_mrgreen: the way I see it, you can and you will do it regardless so why wait? life's too short to deprive yourself, 3 years warranty takes care of everything, I usually sell before the three years's up anyway, if I have any problems with the car it's not really my problem it's the dealer's problem.

The demo car had software glitches. The car would not display the corsa setting

In relation to Corsa setting, if you are talking about the "veneno mode" that's not available in the demo cars from what I've been told, also the display cars aren't the final production version.

In relation to Corsa setting, if you are talking about the "veneno mode" that's not available in the demo cars from what I've been told, also the display cars aren't the final production version.

There is no glitch. I believe that they are saving a few surprises for Geneva and early road tests.

I think overall Lambo did a good job! I loved the interior, lights, design, exposed carbon engine bay, etc.

I hated the silver color, wheels, no spoiler, but maybe they will change with final delivery cars.

I would def consider a spyder :icon_biggrin:

Love this car, nearly not a wrong line anywhere on it. They somehow managed to pull off a perfect Aventador-Jr, but did it with enough uniqueness that it doesn't seem like a step down at all...just a true alternative.

:icon_thumleft:

Factory put on 100 extra workers, I still believe you will have to wait a good year to get one, I am very happy for Lamborghini!

Was offered July delivery. Waiting to see the car and get some 1 on 1 time in about 9-10 days. I highly doubt I will not love it.

I don't think the wait will be too bad but I guess it depends on your location.

Was offered July delivery. Waiting to see the car and get some 1 on 1 time in about 9-10 days. I highly doubt I will not love it.

Do it bro!

You will get it if you place your order now but the next set of orders after the first year supply is exhausted will be 9 to 12 months, I am pretty sure.

Mine should be here September/October I might not be ready for it with garage space :(

You will get it if you place your order now but the next set of orders after the first year supply is exhausted will be 9 to 12 months, I am pretty sure.

Mine should be here September/October I might not be ready for it with garage space :(

Was told the same September/October for mine, I believe the first cars built will be dealer demo cars in July

and the first customer ordered cars will be Sept-Oct and then again who really knows.