Diablo door struts

lambo128

Anyone have a cross reference for the hydraulic door lifts on a 91 Diablo? Thanks

Murcielago ones fit mine at least (part #410837987), I think a '91 is the same. They are way more powerful than stock ones though, so it's a little hard closing the doors, but then on the other hand they open automatically :)

Just changed mine over to the murci struts. Huge difference. Now, I don't have to worry about the guillotine syndrome.

• 1 month later...
last weekend was HOT....I had to use both hands to close the door... :rant:

Does it hurt the mechanism or the Diablo in any way? I've heard after some time, the whole mechanism is damaged or deformed because of the higher force of the Murcie struts.

Shamille had made reference to a company that makes struts that are replacements for the Diablos with a bit more power but not as much a struts for a Murcei

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Shamille had made reference to a company that makes struts that are replacements for the Diablos with a bit more power but not as much a struts for a Murcei

Yes, I have struts from Steve Gleaner of Driven Exotics. They're not as powerful as the Murci struts but will open the door automatically. On hot days, you can still easily pull the door down. If it's been up for a while, I pull it down a little, release, pull it down more, release then close. This puts less stress on that tiny ball holding the whole strut/door assembly up.

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Good to see that your still around Shamile!

Thanks! :)

I'm finally getting some time to get back on the cars again. Business has been up and I'm only now catching up lol

Shamile