Ford Raptor

Aventador22

I'm looking to purchase a new 2013 Raptor but was wondering on the reliability and the overall build quality. Can any of the owners on this forum chime in, answer my questions and give me your impressions of the truck? Thanks in advance.

I really like these when I see them but then I immediately think of what I can get in a modified turbo diesel F350 for the same or less $ and it doesn't seem as clear cut. I have sat in a 2013 Raptor but haven't driven one. Still awesome though. Looking forward to seeing the reviews

They are all over Miami. You would think we like in Utah or Colorado or something. Lol

I really like these when I see them but then I immediately think of what I can get in a modified turbo diesel F350 for the same or less $ and it doesn't seem as clear cut. I have sat in a 2013 Raptor but haven't driven one. Still awesome though. Looking forward to seeing the reviews

That's my thought as well, especially if you're not going to be offroading it real hard. They are a ton of $$$ for what is a fixed up F150.

Go drive a duramax GMC denali 2500hd with a 160hp tune and get back to me. Plus that truck will get near 20mpg, and tow your house.

That's my thought as well, especially if you're not going to be offroading it real hard. They are a ton of $$$ for what is a fixed up F150.

Go drive a duramax GMC denali 2500hd with a 160hp tune and get back to me. Plus that truck will get near 20mpg, and tow your house.

:iamwithstupid:

If you want to do some real off-roading, jumping or sand duning you can always pick up a RZR-XP for $15k. They are unbelievably fun. I never understood the Raptor concept but it is a very popular truck, best of luck.

I am on my 2nd one. 30k miles so far and no issues. Great truck, rides great and is a blast. Only tows 8k though. If you need to tow get a 250/350 if not get the raptor. Great truck, rides smooth and can off road!

Best all around vehicle out there. Arguably the best ride too, when you factor in price. The truck is pretty much a Rolls-Royce you can hit pot holes in and not worry.

They're bulletproof too-bulletproof hovercrafts.

You cannot compare any diesel trucks to the Raptor, the Raptor is fast and agile and fun all the time. The best solution is to have a Raptor for fun, and an F-350 Platinum Crew Cab Long bed for the tough work :eusa_dance:

Best all around vehicle out there. Arguably the best ride too, when you factor in price. The truck is pretty much a Rolls-Royce you can hit pot holes in and not worry.

They're bulletproof too-bulletproof hovercrafts.

You cannot compare any diesel trucks to the Raptor, the Raptor is fast and agile and fun all the time. The best solution is to have a Raptor for fun, and an F-350 Platinum Crew Cab Long bed for the tough work :eusa_dance:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok maybe someone can fill me in but what is up with the pricing on these things??? Out of curiosity I went through the online build configurator for a 13' and pretty heavily loaded was $53k and some change. But I'm seeing plenty of ads for 11-13 that are damn near $50k or higher. Is there some massive wait for a new one or how are people asking these kinds of prices for used ones considering what the new ones are going for? I don't get it.

Ok maybe someone can fill me in but what is up with the pricing on these things??? Out of curiosity I went through the online build configurator for a 13' and pretty heavily loaded was $53k and some change. But I'm seeing plenty of ads for 11-13 that are damn near $50k or higher. Is there some massive wait for a new one or how are people asking these kinds of prices for used ones considering what the new ones are going for? I don't get it.

Dealers are charging silly prices because some people are either too lazy to look around or too dumb. Dealer prices for Raptors in CO are like you said, $10K+++ higher than sticker. The dealer where I bought my F150 in KS charges $50 over invoice or basically FORD employee pricing. Deals are out there, just have to know where to look just like with any car.

Asking prices are always higher than selling prices. However, they hold their value pretty well since they are heavily in demand. Its also a relatively cheap car, so you aren't going to get a massive amount off a car like you would a 300k exotic.

Thanks for the reply. I may have missed something in the build as I saw a sticker price listed somewhere for $59k. But I read you. Seems like the GTR market almost. Even the 2010s with the smaller engine seems to be holding a decent price.

So for a $150k base price, you get equivalent horsepower as the $69k Roush and an ugly enclosed bed that makes it useless as a truck? No thanks.

Dont forget an extra 600-lbs of weight! ;)

You two are forgetting the most important factor...Hennessey reliability!

To be honest, I'm sure if Ford had built this themselves and it was about the same price as the current Raptor, or a few grand more..it'd sell a ton.

I stopped at a local dealer to see what all the fuss was about, they didn't even want to let me test drive it and were asking $10k over sticker.

Mind you I pulled up in a modified crew cab 4x4 diesel silverado, so a pretty shitty experience for someone who could be a potential buyer.

I still have a hard time swallowing near $60k for a fcuking pickup truck... ANY PICKUP TRUCK. :eusa_wall:

I have a 2012, the thing is solid as can be, rides like a dream and also swallows up anything you throw at it! It also tows my 12k boat around no problem except for some suspension sag. Warranty wise... absolutely nothing. Before the Raptor i had a f150 at 160k km later the only thing i had to do is oil change/ spark plugs/ air filter and a tranny. I feel the Raptor will be just as reliable!

I ended up not getting the truck pictured in the previous page due to terrible customer service. I found an even better truck, specced out the same way but with graphics, in Atlanta. They should be shipping it in the next few days and I should be receiving it late this week if not, early next.

• 3 weeks later...