Underground Racing breaks 1/2 mile record on 2nd pass!

Kisco

Congrats to Kevin and crew, and to the owner/driver Cody for breaking the Houston 1/2 mile record in his stage 1R UGR LP570.

Cody ran 217.1 mph in the 1/2 mile on R888s on his 2nd pass. :icon_super:

LP570.jpg

half_mile.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter's stage 3 570SL just went 197, but not sure the octane he was running. I think 93 or 100.

Mullet just went 209 in his 08 GSL. He must not be turned up yet, or the LPs are just that much faster..:icon_mrgreen:

PB.jpg

Mullet.jpg

Peaks car: 209...I am assuming this is lower boost.

Fossum's car, stage 3+, 06 E-gear, 206

All I can do is laugh!!!

Honestly there is not much competition for this event. It's in the peak advantage zone of the GTT!!

200 is cake for most.

Gearing is the trick here, most aren't geared for ugh faster than the speeds they can get in a 1/2mile!

Event is finished. Congrats UR for leaving with the highest MPH for the day and breaking the 1/2 mile record. 7 UR cars showed up and all of them left in the same condition they came in..:)

Mullet, do you and Cody have the same set-up? If so, why the difference in 8 mph?

1035242[/url]']

Mullet, do you and Cody have the same set-up? If so, why the difference in 8 mph?

There is a big gearing difference and I'm sure the (quick shift) .16 shifts are helping things.

Thanks for posting the thread Fadi.

Great day out there. Thanks to all 6 customers that showed up to enjoy their cars. The record Cody took down was owned by the HMS GT that holds the Texas mile record of 26x mph. Videos coming soon.

There is a big gearing difference and I'm sure the (quick shift) .16 shifts are helping things.

Thanks for posting the thread Fadi.

Great day out there. Thanks to all 6 customers that showed up to enjoy their cars. The record Cody took down was owned by the HMS GT that holds the Texas mile record of 26x mph. Videos coming soon.

White LPs are the fastest...:icon_mrgreen:

Peter, tell us about your run. Were you running full tilt? I am trying to gauge how fast a stage 3 would go in the 1/2 mile on its fastest map.

White LPs are the fastest...:icon_mrgreen:

Peter, tell us about your run. Were you running full tilt? I am trying to gauge how fast a stage 3 would go in the 1/2 mile on its fastest map.

I think he pushed that car by hand all the way from the staging area to the starting line and his foot was so tired at the end that he couldn't hold the gas pedal all the way down. :) :) :)

I think I was the lone idiot running pump gas in my stage 3, ended up with a measley 180.5 on the 1000hp map.

I think he pushed that car by hand all the way from the staging area to the starting line and his foot was so tired at the end that he couldn't hold the gas pedal all the way down. :) :) :)

couldn't be any worse than going thru the traps at 160 and complaining their G was geared out.

I think they have a 6th speed but don't hold me to it. lol

couldn't be any worse than going thru the traps at 160 and complaining their G was geared out.

I think they have a 6th speed but don't hold me to it. lol

and this is why i hate white people ;)

Any GTR's over 200?

I think the fastest GTR to date in the 1/2 mile is 196. But don't quote me on that.

went there with big expectations and put a ton of prep into the car to lay down a huge number just wasnt the right set up for todays race...

the event location was incredible and got to spend some time with some aviation buddies as well so it was all good!

car looked great, sounded good and thanks to Mullet for pointing it down the track :D

congrats Cody on nailing it with your setup!

my car coming home for the first time ever and going to enjoy it for a little while before we see what steps to take next.

LOL at some of the responses (Joe and Mullet)......I did only 2 full runs today.

1. 1130 whp - my very first run, pump gas setting, 1-2-3 were perfect shifts, for some reason 3-4 I fell asleep and slapped rev limiter, I think this cost me 1-2 mph. I ended up running 189.4 mph on pump gas setting. I was happy with this run but dis-appointed b/c I know I had a 190 in her on my pump gas setting.

2. 1250 whp - KC added a bit of boost in 2nd gear as she was dead hooking the power on the pump gas map and my 1250 map had the same amount of boost in 2nd gear. Sure enough, that extra 2 psi of boost was enough to spin the tires through 2nd gear, that caused me to hit limiter for a split second before I grabbed 3rd. I grabbed 3rd and the rest was good....I went 196.5 mph on this run. She had a 198-199 in her had I not spun and smacked limiter.

Overall I am VERY happy with UGR, I'm very happy with the car and the setup. The older G's need 100-125 or so MORE whp to go as fast as I went given the TQ of the 570 (direct injected motor), the gearing and the overall setup. The UGR cars ran flawlessly and I couldn't be happier with my 3rd UGR TT car. I drove her home with the A/C blowing cruising at 90 mph. What a great car, what a great product, what a great company. I think she has a 200 in her with less heat and humidity so I couldn't be more happy. Lastly, it always amazes me that UGR rolls up with 6 cars, all run great, one sets the world record, all leave with zero issues...UGR is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. They build them, they set records, they are reliable, they always perform and their team always supports their customers..........

733C6B7D-6AB1-4FDF-9529-EA72873EC696-358

0B7758A9-FA32-4BDB-9186-A624BFC78292-358

E7C9D0D4-880B-4EB7-AEC7-07096319AA9E-358

F5135CD9-F589-4C92-8C49-68AE57948924-358

Thanks for the info, Peter.

Great runs, great car, and congrats again to all the UGR cars for a great showing!