Underground Racing breaks 1/2 mile record on 2nd pass!

Kisco

I wonder if a stage 3 LP560 without the wing can hit 200 mph in the 1/2 mile. I just *may* be able to find out.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dereiter
There is a big gearing difference and I'm sure the (quick shift) .16 shifts are helping things.

Thanks for posting the thread Fadi.

Great day out there. Thanks to all 6 customers that showed up to enjoy their cars. The record Cody took down was owned by the HMS GT that holds the Texas mile record of 26x mph. Videos coming soon.

Kevin,

Congratulations to you! You create great powerful cars and make clients happy. I respect you and your team.

LOL at some of the responses (Joe and Mullet)......I did only 2 full runs today.

1. 1130 whp - my very first run, pump gas setting, 1-2-3 were perfect shifts, for some reason 3-4 I fell asleep and slapped rev limiter, I think this cost me 1-2 mph. I ended up running 189.4 mph on pump gas setting. I was happy with this run but dis-appointed b/c I know I had a 190 in her on my pump gas setting.

2. 1250 whp - KC added a bit of boost in 2nd gear as she was dead hooking the power on the pump gas map and my 1250 map had the same amount of boost in 2nd gear. Sure enough, that extra 2 psi of boost was enough to spin the tires through 2nd gear, that caused me to hit limiter for a split second before I grabbed 3rd. I grabbed 3rd and the rest was good....I went 196.5 mph on this run. She had a 198-199 in her had I not spun and smacked limiter.

Overall I am VERY happy with UGR, I'm very happy with the car and the setup. The older G's need 100-125 or so MORE whp to go as fast as I went given the TQ of the 570 (direct injected motor), the gearing and the overall setup. The UGR cars ran flawlessly and I couldn't be happier with my 3rd UGR TT car. I drove her home with the A/C blowing cruising at 90 mph. What a great car, what a great product, what a great company. I think she has a 200 in her with less heat and humidity so I couldn't be more happy. Lastly, it always amazes me that UGR rolls up with 6 cars, all run great, one sets the world record, all leave with zero issues...UGR is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. They build them, they set records, they are reliable, they always perform and their team always supports their customers..........

733C6B7D-6AB1-4FDF-9529-EA72873EC696-3585-0000013F41DAFB90_zps12c1dc8f.jpg

0B7758A9-FA32-4BDB-9186-A624BFC78292-3585-0000013F5EA9E513_zps6c332fbd.jpg

E7C9D0D4-880B-4EB7-AEC7-07096319AA9E-3585-0000013F4CD2C214_zpsc17f3987.jpg

F5135CD9-F589-4C92-8C49-68AE57948924-3585-0000013F581B9880_zps30be4f4a.jpg

Nice comparison from the older SL's to the LP cars. Btw Peter unless I was lied to I believe one of the customers my company does business with bought your old Yellow TTG off you (him and his brother). We had a lengthy conversation about the car. I just hope I wasn't made a fool of.

I think the fastest GTR to date in the 1/2 mile is 196. But don't quote me on that.

204.6 is the quickest to date that i know of. ETS car making 1280whp.

1035350[/url]']

Nice comparison from the older SL's to the LP cars. Btw Peter unless I was lied to I believe one of the customers my company does business with bought your old Yellow TTG off you (him and his brother). We had a lengthy conversation about the car. I just hope I wasn't made a fool of.

No they are real. That's Nicks car and he posts here as TTBull. Car has been awesome for them. They compete with it at the TI events.

Sounds like you guys had a blast! That is what it is all about! Congrats UGR on the record!

No they are real. That's Nicks car and he posts here as TTBull. Car has been awesome for them. They compete with it at the TI events.

Is Nick's brother's name Kostas?

Nick and Mario. PM me and I will help you verify anything I can so this thread stays on track;)

PM sent. My apologies to the thread starter for taking this off track. Congrats again on the record!

First off Congrats to UR and all the owners of these amazing cars!!!!

I have a question? At this event is the traction better or less then on the street. I notice the tarmac groves and was wondering if they are where the runs are made or not???

All you guys running R888s...are you running them front and back or just back?

I think there were 7 UGR cars that showed up and three or four of us drove our cars to the event and then drove them back home again with no problems. The others were trailered in from out of town.

Big thanks to KC for getting race harnesses for me and HoustonT, fabricating mounts, AND getting it all installed just so we could clear tech.

I was also real happy to see Underground Racing come down to the event from North Carolina on their own nickel with a crew of guys. All the cars performed flawlessly and drove away in the same shape as when they arrived, but it was real nice to see a trailer full of pros around in case something came up.

It's a good feeling to see that Underground Racing's customer service doesn't end after they deliver your car.

All you guys running R888s...are you running them front and back or just back?

R888s front and back. The surface was awesome, even with having to drive through puddles on some of the access cross-overs to get to the runway from the pits.

They got the same mph from a dig as they got from a roll? And their method of verification was a vbox?????? Is that what you are saying?

yes sir.

I have already battled that theory in the gtr forum and lost that battle... the guy had all the data from dig and roll and it was dead on.

knock your self out...

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/83744-...-12-mile-event/

Ahhhhhhh IC....I wouldn't consider that an official mph. I wonder what the fastest GTR half mile mph at a sanctioned event with actual timing equipment and verified 1/2 mile distance is (TX Mile, Houston 1/2, Chicago 1/2, etc.......)?

yes sir.

I have already battled that theory in the gtr forum and lost that battle... the guy had all the data from dig and roll and it was dead on.

knock your self out...

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/83744-...-12-mile-event/

I think there were 7 UGR cars that showed up and three or four of us drove our cars to the event and then drove them back home again with no problems. The others were trailered in from out of town.

Big thanks to KC for getting race harnesses for me and HoustonT, fabricating mounts, AND getting it all installed just so we could clear tech.

I was also real happy to see Underground Racing come down to the event from North Carolina on their own nickel with a crew of guys. All the cars performed flawlessly and drove away in the same shape as when they arrived, but it was real nice to see a trailer full of pros around in case something came up.

It's a good feeling to see that Underground Racing's customer service doesn't end after they deliver your car.

R888s front and back. The surface was awesome, even with having to drive through puddles on some of the access cross-overs to get to the runway from the pits.

Thanks man, glad you had a good time. Your car looked killer going by!! See you soon!

Great seeing everyone again, had a blast. As always thanks to the UR crew for coming down and being supportive to its customers. Looking forward to the next event!

Great seeing everyone again, had a blast. As always thanks to the UR crew for coming down and being supportive to its customers. Looking forward to the next event!

great showing!

Is mullet the new Tag? Driver for hire? lol

Ahhhhhhh IC....I wouldn't consider that an official mph. I wonder what the fastest GTR half mile mph at a sanctioned event with actual timing equipment and verified 1/2 mile distance is (TX Mile, Houston 1/2, Chicago 1/2, etc.......)?

I know the Chicago event should have O M e ga there..if it can hook it will go 210+ IMO .

Anywho back to topic. Congrats to UG for running 217mph. That is in another league.

Would love to see a vbox file 0-217.