Allan's Movie review..The Great Gatsby

Allan-Herbie

Damn you have been watching ALOT of movies....You doing the mid day movie to movie skip?

We didnt notice it said 3d at the show time we came to..

I feel like I should be making these threads with you haha. About to watch star trek the day it comes out, and F&F 6 the day it comes out.

As far as Gatsby, loved it. My favorite movie of the year so far. Had such a visual appeal to it, and Leo did fantastic.

Wouldn't you say, old sport? :lol2:

Damn you have been watching ALOT of movies....You doing the mid day movie to movie skip?

I go to the movies once a week, always mid week..

I feel like I should be making these threads with you haha. About to watch star trek the day it comes out, and F&F 6 the day it comes out.

As far as Gatsby, loved it. My favorite movie of the year so far. Had such a visual appeal to it, and Leo did fantastic.

Wouldn't you say, old sport? :lol2:

Not my favorite, but definitely very good, so I agree...old sport!

Doesn't PCow or someone have one of those Auburn Boat tails? Isn't that what's in the movie? Can't remember off the top of my head from the preview. Always thought those were interesting.

Doesn't PCow or someone have one of those Auburn Boat tails? Isn't that what's in the movie? Can't remember off the top of my head from the preview. Always thought those were interesting.

I think the yellow one is a Duesenberg..

You didn't find the Jay-Z bits of the soundtrack obnoxious? I was glad I saw it so now I'll know why every retarded, impressionable woman is redecorating in art deco and chopping their hair to a bob. The movie sort of highlights the plot holes too.

How is Gatsby famous but nobody has seen him and having raging parties across the harbor from his love yet she had no idea that happens to be the cousin of his neighbor?

How did the best friend party with him, yet fail to mention she recognized him from years ago?

How about how whole confidence to be a war hero, assume a name, manipulating cops, congressmen, in bed with the mob, yet has crippling fear of talking to the woman he wrote all the time and wanted to marry?

In all honesty, it is a horrible piece of literature.

You didn't find the Jay-Z bits of the soundtrack obnoxious? I was glad I saw it so now I'll know why every retarded, impressionable woman is redecorating in art deco and chopping their hair to a bob. The movie sort of highlights the plot holes too.

How is Gatsby famous but nobody has seen him and having raging parties across the harbor from his love yet she had no idea that happens to be the cousin of his neighbor?

How did the best friend party with him, yet fail to mention she recognized him from years ago?

How about how whole confidence to be a war hero, assume a name, manipulating cops, congressmen, in bed with the mob, yet has crippling fear of talking to the woman he wrote all the time and wanted to marry?

In all honesty, it is a horrible piece of literature.

I figured the film was a projection of the hip-hop generations romanticism of the "Roaring 20's", beyond excess. No doubt with socially relevant topics laced in.

How close am I?

I figured the film was a projection of the hip-hop generations romanticism of the "Roaring 20's", beyond excess. No doubt with socially relevant topics laced in.

How close am I?

Close, at points it is a long Heineken commercial, and they try to make Leo too charming and coy. I was glad I saw it, not to support my hatred of the book, but I was entertained. g/f met her end of the bagain after...

Saw the movie last night, old sport.

Loved it, loved the way it was filmed and narrated, the story drew me into every scene, fantastic acting, but I absolutely hated the Jay-Z sound bits in the movie. Completely ruined the feel!

• 4 weeks later...