Plug and play options to replace original Kenwood console in '07 LP640?

Mike_S

Hi guys,

Haven't posted online in a while, but my Kenwood system has died on me the other day. Just want a quick replacement (preferable upgrade) which is plug and play, don't want to fiddle too much on the car.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, much appreciated!

Welcome back! Honestly if you want simple and relatively inexpensive I would hit up Crutchfield. Their website can tell you what will fit in the Murci and what adapters you would need to keep any splicing out of the picture. Plus they offer lifetime tech support.

Can't help with the problem either. I just wanted to say that I'm really amazed that you still have it. You bought it new, right?

Welcome back! Honestly if you want simple and relatively inexpensive I would hit up Crutchfield. Their website can tell you what will fit in the Murci and what adapters you would need to keep any splicing out of the picture. Plus they offer lifetime tech support.

Thank you! Will definitely look them up.

Can't help with the problem either. I just wanted to say that I'm really amazed that you still have it. You bought it new, right?

Yes, brand new. Same with the Gallardo.

I'll get the Aventador used, as I've learned you lose crazy money on depreciation, particularly the Lamborghini's.

The other cars keep me plenty busy too.

Just get the newer Kenwood. It will likely be plug and play, you will just have to rewire the actual plug on the harness. I doubt you will find anything that is the exact same. Crutchfield is good for having an adaptor kit though, for most cars, but the Lambo might be a little too obscure for them. Kenwood has updated that head unit about a million times since that one came out. The new Navi will be worth it I am sure.

I'm in the same boat, I hate the unit on the 08's I'm thinking of going with a Kenwood Excelon DNN990HD

I run Kenwood decks in all my cars. I just had the an older Kenwood DNX8120 changed to the DNX9960 and the harness was the same.

So it was literately plug n play.

Mike I got rid off my kenwood nav nearly 2 years back with clarion and upgraded rest of system. To be honest doesn't matter brand if your going to extent of pulling out console and head unit. As the oem kenwood doesn't control any car controls. I also did rear view camera when I did this. Good luck

Hey Mike_S - I just replaced my head unit to update it so I have XM, ipod, etc. I had a professional install it so not sure on plug n play but the system is nice. Everything in the trunk was there when I purchased it. Here are some pics...

post-10287-1371654771_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1371654788_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1371654812_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1371654829_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1371654842_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1371655393_thumb.jpg

Hey Mike_S - I just replaced my head unit to update it so I have XM, ipod, etc. I had a professional install it so not sure on plug n play but the system is nice. Everything in the trunk was there when I purchased it. Here are some pics...

Lp640 has a double DIN so the HU options are almost limitless.

Lp640 has a double DIN so the HU options are almost limitless.

Agree for the LP 640. Is Mike looking for something to plug n play behind the HU display and maintain the existing display (would be cool if you could do that)? Mike I put this in my truck not to long ago and it is pretty nice for a built in display unit...

post-10287-1371657323_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. I sincerely appreciate it. I went with an Alpine unit, just need to figure out how to install this thing. Apparently I have the adapter to make it plug and play in the box it comes with.

Now to figure out how to get the old system out.... This should be fun....

I run Kenwood decks in all my cars. I just had the an older Kenwood DNX8120 changed to the DNX9960 and the harness was the same.

So it was literately plug n play.

What year was your Murcie?