Saw the Pagani Huayara

One thing you can't hate on any Pagani is their carbon fiber craftsmanship. The attention to detail when it comes to lining up the weaves is extraordinary!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the nose of the huraya would be pulled down a little bit more like the zonda, then it would be dead gorgeous!!

Pretty sure I remember reading a quote from Horatio Pagani somewhere that the nose height was dictated by EU regulations, that they could never again build a car like the Zonda thanks to those regulations. But that's going from my memory, so don't quote me on it.

Yeah I read something like that too. But if you look at the aventador, it's nose is lower. So I'm not really sure what's true.....

Yeah I read something like that too. But if you look at the aventador, it's nose is lower. So I'm not really sure what's true.....

Pedestrian safety regulations. I'm guessing because of the materials used, etc. Lambo was able to do it that way.

True. Considering Pagani lied about what tires they used on their Top Gear car, anything's possible.

My money.. this anyday..

I will have to agree with Allan on this one.

I agree. As disappointed as I was with the La-Ferrari at Geneva, I still prefer it over the Huayra.

After seeing all of them at Geneva, I found that the Koenigsegg Agera R is more impressive to me than the La-Ferrari, P1, and Huayra. The Hundra is a Koenigsegg with the carbon weave work of a Pagani. It is beautiful. I also like that Koenigsegg makes their own engine. That gives me the feeling of Koenigsegg being a more complete car company. But Pagani has the Zonda bloodline. Having that foundation is what makes a brand special. Like the Miura and Countach to Lamborghini. Koenigsegg has yet to make a car like that - a car that takes peoples breath away.

That said, none of them are the complete package. I think there is a golden opportunity for my favorite brand to kick all of their asses in the 1-2mm price range. :icon_super:

That said, none of them are the complete package. I think there is a golden opportunity for my favorite brand to kick all of their asses in the 1-2mm price range. :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid: Lamborghini has really perfected the brand with the Aventador. With a few tweaks here and there, they could really take it to the next level.

:iamwithstupid: Lamborghini has really perfected the brand with the Aventador. With a few tweaks here and there, they could really take it to the next level.

I agree! Just yesterday I met Steve Waldie for dinner in the Aventador. I think it is absolute perfection.

With Bugatti kicking up the pricing on the Veyron to another level (I hear the final Veyron will be at least 4mm and possibly up to 8mm) there is room for Lamborghini to become the brand in the VAG that competes in the 1-2mm hyper car market. With a loaded Aventador 50th Anniversary Roadster coming in around 600k, and all 100 selling out in just a couple of weeks, another model above the Aventador in the 1-2mm range definitely makes sense. I hope they decide to enter that market.

THAT is a special car. Holy almighty crapballs. That NOISE.

I was driving on the 405 last night next to LAX around midnight and the Hauyara passed me at well over 120 mph. Car is stunning in person, the CHP motorcycle cop that pulled him over must of wanted a pic as well.

Flew by me then went hard on the brakes next to the chip. Luckliy I don't think he gave one fcuk

I want one

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if posted already but was glancing through new EVO mag, Veyron vs Huayara. At end of article said their choice is Veyron everytime.

I don't know how true it is, but some people on rennteam are saying that the 918 was limited to 6500 rpm.

Why they would do that at the Festival of Speed, I have no idea

edit: Actually I claim bullshit on that theory, there's no way they'd have 3rd gear be so long.

Not sure if posted already but was glancing through new EVO mag, Veyron vs Huayara. At end of article said their choice is Veyron everytime.

Pagani Huayara does not exist, but Pagani produces a model called Huayra. Did you mean that? :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

I've seen both extensively. The detail on the Huayra is insane - literally the hub bearing carriers must be artistically accepted by Horacio.

.....but I actually don't care. If I wanted an art project, I'd buy an art project. The P1 has a much better singularity of purpose and focus, which gives it an art all its own. Furthermore, its the least constrained by former design language - the Huayra has funny bugeye headlights, the ThethetheFerrari looks LaSupedUp 458, and the 918 looks like a great evolution of the Carrera GT.

Everytime I look at the Huayra I like it less - the opposite is true for most on the P1.

Of course its all a moot point since I'm not a customer for these cars yet, but P1 for me.

Hey guys,

I've been a lurker here for a bit, but I'll just cut to the chase. After seeing the thread I found out that the pics Fortis posted up of the black Huayara was right next to the hotel I'm staying at in Tokyo. I went to Bingo Sports yesterday and snapped a few pics. Next to Huayara was a Zonda R.

Here are some cell pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg