New Jersey F1

HannibalACP82

If this article is to be believed Ticket Prices are going to be nuts when F1 comes to the east coast.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...563-on-average/

Ticket prices for the New Jersey Grand Prix will be sold at an average price of $563 according to UBS.

The Swiss financial services company which sponsors Formula One is behind an initiative to generate $100m of funding for the race as reported by the Daily Telegraph.

Passes for the prestigious Paddock Club will be priced at $4,255 for the race which will be run on a street circuit in front of the Manhattan skyline.

Race organizers expect 240,000 people to attend the three-day event which is slated to join the Formula One calendar next year.

I bet they sell every last ticket at that price too.

Oh that would be awesome to attend. I really want to go see the Night Races in Singapore. This is now added to the list of places I wanna see an F1 race at.

Depending on where you are seated and your vantage point, $563 isn't too bad. That was an average price so there will be some for cheaper. I really just hope I get tickets and don't end up on the wait list like I did for Austin.

How are these prices nuts? It's what everyone else in Europe and Asia is paying as well.

It is what it is. There are millions of (wealthy) Americans (and people all over the world who want to attend this race) who can and want to pay for this event. They'll never go out of business.

OUCH!!! They might just price themselves out of business.

That is average price and average for a ticket. You want ouch, well it is cheaper for me to fly to Monza and watch it there than it is for some of the British GP tickets.

Then look at packages Monaco. Several thousand to share a balcony with loads of people over one afternoon.

That is average price and average for a ticket. You want ouch, well it is cheaper for me to fly to Monza and watch it there than it is for some of the British GP tickets.

Then look at packages Monaco. Several thousand to share a balcony with loads of people over one afternoon.

DAMN. Like I said above I am sure they will sell every one of them. I will be watching....from in font of my TV.

Normally I would agree, but here's the catch. Silverstone has been a staple of motor-racing for the last 60 years, it's the spectacle you're paying for, the story you could be telling your grand-kids about one day. It's like the MotoGP of Jerez or Mugello. I think it's worth it, but to pay that kind of money for what's likely going to be a processional street race in Jersey is ridiculous.

There is a cafe in Monaco on one of the last corners. It is a little place but the cars fly under your nose, literally. But due to the hoardings you only have a small gap in the fence but you are looking the drivers in the eye.

A few years ago they wanted the Wednesday practice session =£40k

That is nigh on $75k. For a practise day.

I do agree that after the success of the CoTA I question the value of this "circuit" as street circuits have never lived to up any hype since the Mansell Senna Monaco race in the 80's.

Going to COTA would cost me at least 4 times that amount. I'll definitely go regardless and also agree it'll be 100% sold out.

We should get a LP Group to commit and get tickets together!

They will sell each and every ticket, and I hope to be one of the people paying to go!

Company trip!

There is a cafe in Monaco on one of the last corners. It is a little place but the cars fly under your nose, literally. But due to the hoardings you only have a small gap in the fence but you are looking the drivers in the eye.

A few years ago they wanted the Wednesday practice session =£40k

That is nigh on $75k. For a practise day.

I do agree that after the success of the CoTA I question the value of this "circuit" as street circuits have never lived to up any hype since the Mansell Senna Monaco race in the 80's.

Do you know what it's called? Would love to check out where exactly it is.

Did some searching on google earth and found the Virage on one of the last corners but nowhere near that sort of money.

Sounds like we have some LPers interested in going. Should we get a tentative list together? Pricey or not I'd like to check out a live F1 race so I can check that off of my bucket list.

Do you know what it's called? Would love to check out where exactly it is.

Did some searching on google earth and found the Virage on one of the last corners but nowhere near that sort of money.

La Rascasse

I'm not sure how true this is, but I heard that people who live in the condos above the track will be renting them out to people. If they aren't this would be a great idea! A lot of them have a great view of the whole track.