Urraco #15202 now the TWICE BAKED BULL

Twicebaked

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Original motor / trans were beasts! We also removed the old sheet metal after the new was placed on top so that remained the same. The front clip is now glass, the rear clip now has no trunk (90lbs). No rear seats and such.. However, the seats are twice as heavy as the stock seats. Dash is lighter so all in all we shall see when we weigh it.. I bet it is very close or just over original weight.. One thing we lowered the floor pan 1.5" and moved the CG lower as well. Motor weight is much lower and moved forward thus the CG is lower and further forward so that is really good.

Sprung weight will be greater as the rims and tires are larger / heavier. But the suspension is way more robust than original. I have bikes with better suspensions then the Urraco had to start with.

Thanks for the response. Interesting stuff. Definitely will keep up on this thread. Thanks for sharing the adventure with us.

As we get closer to Concorso I will post more.. That way when people see it at Concorso they can sort of get where we are coming from.

I will however post a youtube of the motor coming to life with the new direction of the motor its crazy cool!

Turbo Joe is a legend in the Inland Empire for building - wiring race cars. He is a engineer and teaches automotive engineering at a local college. I asked him to go look at the car last year to help the other builder out. He saw the car and pointed out things the builder did not like so he threw Joe out and then sent him really rude text. Joe kept the text and did not tell me what happened just that The builder threw him out. The builder told me Joe did not know what he was doing. However, I knew what The builder was doing was 100% not correct. But the car was always kept in a state that I could not yank it. So when the builder released the car to me to send to Italy. I got it to ABD Racing Werks, Turbo Joe and Ted's Rod Shop. They have had it a few short weeks and have almost rebuilt the car. Turbo Joe showed me the text after I got my car out of the first shop. Had I seen that text I would have pulled the car out last Jan. And made Italy with the car done. But that's history now. We are fixing the flaws and pressing positively forward!

Getting ready for the show. So we can drive a small fuel cell has been installed when the front end gets re-re-done we will put in a proper sized cell. And the Headlight Bezels.

971587_10200860013396039_171896570_n_zps52ab5648.jpg

993331_10200859746949378_316148444_n_zps371a5358.jpg

999569_10200859758669671_1572293755_n_zps0b93ab85.jpg

993692_10200859740509217_916455679_n_zpsb3bb282e.jpg

1004677_10200860017196134_1445316599_n_zps0d2da8d2.jpg

Some design elements are in both cars just sort of fun to see NEW VS. Old Brought NEW.

1157574_422638504522601_1649325071_n.jpg

from what I see;

Nose length close,

Front Wheel well shape and flair close

Rear side vents upper and lower close but not so close

Rear Wheel arches close

Not close,

Doors

Windshiled rake

Debatable

Roundness of lead into to the rear clip.

Some design elements are in both cars just sort of fun to see NEW VS. Old Brought NEW.

from what I see;

Nose length close,

Front Wheel well shape and flair close

Rear side vents upper and lower close but not so close

Rear Wheel arches close

Not close,

Doors

Windshiled rake

Debatable

Roundness of lead into to the rear clip.

I don't think the lines are similar at all.

LOL the G replacement thread got a little heated.. So I moved it here. I have a different point of view because I have seen my car from the same angle as the mule photo. So its skewed. Im talking about elements and some lines, just struck me when I saw the mule.

Front wheel upper flairs on the mule are brought further aft that is for sure. Much more aggressive for sure. And not a 73 brought forward that is 100000% for sure.

Ill Fitting doors and silly vent addressed and ECUs going in for fire up this weekend.

BIGbooBooCover_zpsf05c713a.jpg

BadBodyworkfixed_zps282a2a8f.jpg

BoooBooCover_zps8c494199.jpg

NowBothMatch_zps63e114c3.jpg

ECU going in.. It gets used this weekend when the motor is fired up!

ECUonmount_zps995c9304.jpg

ECUinsafedryplace_zpsdf5c05f9.jpg

Power plant is now over at TED's ROD SHOP Riverside for install and fire up this weekend! WHOOT! Love the power steering reservoir..

kjmnhbgfvhgrfh_zpsa5397a8d.jpg

fgcfhgdfww_zpscb2232b7.jpg

lkiyjuht_zpsb8bcbbd5.jpg

olkijuyhgtrfde_zps63cb0b2e.jpg

lkjhgf_zpsfe228a18.jpg

rhtehwerg_zps2e039760.jpg

dfshghjjh_zps5b14e95c.jpg

fggr_zpscbf8a328.jpg

I thought the Veneno for sale was all speculation, does anyone have a confirmed yes or no as to if it's for sale or not? I just cannot seem to wrap my head around the thought of one of the owners selling it without it even being delivered, but I may be wrong.

I look forward to see it on street, i'm following the project by long time.I love the story and i love to see people doing these kind of things! Great! :icon_thumleft: