Urraco #15202 now the TWICE BAKED BULL

Twicebaked

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS! Its hard being stalled on the project, but we will get her done in time. BTW we are about to hit 700,000 fans on Face Book the little Bull that could I guess. LOL

When the motor jumped time on the first fire up it was due to the builder not correctly putting the belt in and not properly locking it down. FORTUNATELY he was so bad that when it jumped time it stopped before any valves were taken out. Compression check has one bank advanced too far and one bank retarded. So we decided to lock down the belt order the proper tools for doing the timing but needed to check if our thoughts were correct before we pulled the motor and the heads. I(f we were right cool if not the damage would have already been done so no harm in setting the time as best we could and do a compression check then a test fire. We were correct and the motor fired right up. Next we time and tune!

Sweet deal! Wish my engine sounded that beefy haha.

THANKS! Its hard being stalled on the project, but we will get her done in time. BTW we are about to hit 700,000 fans on Face Book the little Bull that could I guess. LOL

That number of fans is super fishy IMO - are you paying someone to promote the page?

No why would I do that? I dont sell anything the car has ZERO sponsors. The only thing I can think of is the romance of a thought kids get when the history of the car is posted it goes Bonkers on likes. I saw a short film with Valantino that showed part of the feeling and romance of the project but for a Miura S returned to the owner who cherished it. The reunion

All I can say I'm blessed to have to car back. .. It may sit for a long time now as I am way out of money for it. But will do what I can and when I can.

We have several great mods on that page who all have a passion for Lamborghini and most are photographers of Lamborghni cars that also helps them. But no I do not pay people to promotoe that page. My other pages where I do sell thins sit.. Ferrari Iphone mount and Clear View LCD for example if I were to pay I would pay for those sites but I have learned that Face Book is not a sales tool it is truly social in nature.

Have you looked at the likes it blows me away? The LP420 SVM is BIG in Pakistan, India, Mexico, Morocco 13 to 25 year olds love this. For most Lamborghini is only a dream and I think this fits to that dream of finding a wreck you can make to be yours. Truly only way I can explain it. If I could figure a way to make money off the site I would be able to finish the car LOL. Page views range from 2 to 3 MILLION a week

20,675 New Likes

72,117 Talking About This

2,147,099 Weekly Total Reach

Insights are visible to page admins only.

Now if I do not post any new photos of the car or post the history almost no new likes. If you look on the page you can see when I post photos and history of the car it goes Bonkers. Not that having a FB page with 700,000 likes means a darn thing.

• 1 month later...

Update..

Danny Huseman's racing has will be un-doing the entire front end of the Lp420 SVM Urraco. And installing a proper front suspension.

Ted's Rod Shop is bidding out re-re-doing the front and rear bumpers and going to a better headlight solution.

ABD Racing Werks is prepping the motor.

In other words most things Alan Lee designed will be chucked...

Work is contracted away we go once more..

Sorry to hear about the setbacks. Looking forward to the shared progress though!

Update..

Danny Huseman's racing has will be un-doing the entire front end of the Lp420 SVM Urraco. And installing a proper front suspension.

Ted's Rod Shop is bidding out re-re-doing the front and rear bumpers and going to a better headlight solution.

ABD Racing Werks is prepping the motor.

In other words most things Alan Lee designed will be chucked...

Work is contracted away we go once more..

Great news!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Frank Killam (BMW Design Works)

and an up and coming designer from Pasadena Collage of Design, "Gaston" are taking what was done to the car by Alan Lee, and fixing it..

First to go round butt.. Urraco tail lights have been secured.

Next to go the ugly chin

Then the Miura headlights back to pop ups.

Cleaning up the lines.

I will post the artwork soon..

New Trans on the way (Alan built the one in the car we have zero trust in it)

Work has re-started..

• 2 weeks later...

Now we're talking. All good except the flying mirrors. What would really set it off imo would be a set of huge staggered bravo inspired wheels.

No flying mirrors..

Front and rear clips removed, headlights removed, getting ready for the re-re-build. One thing we are making the entire front clip removable so we can build the new front suspension properly.

post-177466-1387257185_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1387257199_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1387257213_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1387257230_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1387257293_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1387257326_thumb.jpg

Those drawings are excellent. The reason: he used a frickin hand and pencil!!!!!

That design is fantastic and very much like it came from the design dept at Lamborghini....decades ago.

• 1 year later...

The Twice Baked Bull update...

1) We are almost back as a roller.

2) Ted's Rod Shop has entered the car in this years SEMA builder build off competition

3) The plan is to take it on the Italian Stampede in August.

4) facebook "cleansed" all the "fake" likes from our page.. We lost under 500 likes. So yeah they are real.

5) OMF custom rims are almost done.

6) the original headlight buckets were found and now grafted back in the proper place.

7) we have all new OEM NOS tail lights and such for the proper Urraco tail ned. No more 928 want too be.

8) BRM made a one of one watch for the car.. OH yeah too cool

9) Zada-Tech one of one HD LCD Color digital dash is on its way from the UK.

So its coming along very quickly now.

I am looking for a Gallardo Key fob case. We went with an Audi R8 steering column same column in Gallardo was 7 times the price.. But now need to change out the key fob case to a Lambo case.

ANY HELP I will welcome.

The Twice Baked Bull update...

1) We are almost back as a roller.

2) Ted's Rod Shop has entered the car in this years SEMA builder build off competition

3) The plan is to take it on the Italian Stampede in August.

4) facebook "cleansed" all the "fake" likes from our page.. We lost under 500 likes. So yeah they are real.

5) OMF custom rims are almost done.

6) the original headlight buckets were found and now grafted back in the proper place.

7) we have all new OEM NOS tail lights and such for the proper Urraco tail ned. No more 928 want too be.

8) BRM made a one of one watch for the car.. OH yeah too cool

9) Zada-Tech one of one HD LCD Color digital dash is on its way from the UK.

So its coming along very quickly now.

I am looking for a Gallardo Key fob case. We went with an Audi R8 steering column same column in Gallardo was 7 times the price.. But now need to change out the key fob case to a Lambo case.

ANY HELP I will welcome.

post-177466-1432678754_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1432678767_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1432678782_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1432678800_thumb.jpg

I am sure I am going to get blasted for all the mods... I do not care the M in SVM is for Manuel Laureano Rodríguez Sánchez aka Manolete

Worlds greatest "Bull Fighter" Killed By Islero the Miura bull when his Espada pierced the small poor sighted Urraco bull who was at the same time gourding Manoletes scrotum and pierced the fighters femoral artery.

How did the little bull get so close? Well Manolete was famous for bring the fight to him as he stood in the ring and took on all comers standing his ground.

Ok heads up (pun intended) here is my home made poor mans non oem heads up color display. Transparent LCD color display built into my sun visor. Before you laugh think about the flir Pathfinder IR camera for night driving. Or Other apps I can pop up there and not look away from the road.

https://www.facebook.com/Lamborghini...type=2&theater

And Eric at Teds is fast closing in the Urraco sheet metal now that the front suspension is done. The paper templates for the fab are in. Let the welding continue..

post-177466-1433020216_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433020226_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433020236_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433020248_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433020265_thumb.jpg

Here is a couple of good shots showing the transparent nature of the display.

My front yard you can see how well the display cuts the glare.. NOT enhanced photos.

post-177466-1433025008_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433025022_thumb.jpg

Ted's Rod Shop found some more bad work by the first builder. He had SLICED the main roll bar almost in half with a grinder and filled it with seam sealer rather than fixing it.

The rear firewall welding was a joke so was the welding under the tons of seam sealer goo.. So it all had to get fixed. Also the "trunk" is getting lined in metal.

post-177466-1433354092_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433354102_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433354114_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433354128_thumb.jpg

post-177466-1433354140_thumb.jpg