Urraco #15202 now the TWICE BAKED BULL

Twicebaked

this is just crazy how much custom work you have done!!! I can't wait to see the finished results :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! No one has caught the rim design is the original design only the size of the the windows of the "spokes" opened up to look more modern. well and they are larger rims but the design is true..

Concorso Italianio is coming fast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ted's Rod Shop is really flying on the build loads of new photos on

https://instagram.com/lp420svm/

Seat mounts are in so now the floor goes on. Motor is ready to put back in.

Suspensions are done

Wheels and tires are set to go

They had to make new seat mounts and safety belt mounts, the ones the first builder made were not in any way shape or form safe.

Steering is in, we used a Audi / Gallardo / VW steering column that works as it should!

The rack is a an adjustable power steering set up for racing. No issues there.

Restomod Air unit is on the way!

Have a L@@K

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad you guys aren't closer lol. I feel like I'd have fun on something like this.

It is a cool project... Eric sends me photos every night so I can sleep LOL Hard when your in Vegas and the build is 4 hours away..

Update.. IF the BIG IF.. We make Concorso this year we will have to use the "Ugly Butt" because Eric will not have time to make the new replacement rear end clip.. We will go as a work in progress, No time to paint.. But The goal is to drive it up to Monterey in the Stampede.

It is a cool project... Eric sends me photos every night so I can sleep LOL Hard when your in Vegas and the build is 4 hours away..

I would have a hard time being hours away from my project. Not sure how you do it, I'd wanna be there every step of the way or I'd go craaaazy. Awesome that he sends you photos all the time and keeps you up to date. People who are passionate about it and care about your build as much as you are the only people to deal with.

Update.. IF the BIG IF.. We make Concorso this year we will have to use the "Ugly Butt" because Eric will not have time to make the new replacement rear end clip.. We will go as a work in progress, No time to paint.. But The goal is to drive it up to Monterey in the Stampede.

Hey if you do you do, if you don't you don't. Better to wait and do it right, the way you want it done, than do a rush job.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in the Stampede this year with a normal car haha, scored Quail tickets and will ge at the Lamborghini Club America Gala. Just sans Lamborghini or exotic. Hehehe

Is that some kind of odd coating on the brake rotors? They look like black spray paint (though I doubt that's what it is). Just looks odd that way.

: What do the black rotors look like once they are bedded-in?

A: The annulus (where the pad comes in contact with the rotor) is quickly stripped of the e-coating and appears the same as any iron rotor. The e-coating remains in the radius around the drilled holes, and in the slots providing a nice contrast and high visibility of the drilled and slotting pattern of the rotor, as well as protecting those areas from rust.

Q: Why are my rotors black, I wanted zinc?

A: Wilwood uses a process called “E-Coating” to protect our rotors from corrosion. E-coating is another name for electrocoating, electropainting, or electrophoretic lacquering. It is used to deposit a protective coating as opposed to a metal such as is deposited by electroplating. Parts are dipped into a vat of the e-coat material and are electrified in order to promote a reaction at the surface, which deposits the protective agent. Through this process, we ensure that all exposed surfaces are protected from corrosion, providing the very best in protection. You can still order Zinc plated rotors as an option, but keep in mind that the zinc coating is more expensive and offers less rust protection than e-coat.

Wilwood Engineering, Inc

: What do the black rotors look like once they are bedded-in?

A: The annulus (where the pad comes in contact with the rotor) is quickly stripped of the e-coating and appears the same as any iron rotor. The e-coating remains in the radius around the drilled holes, and in the slots providing a nice contrast and high visibility of the drilled and slotting pattern of the rotor, as well as protecting those areas from rust.

Q: Why are my rotors black, I wanted zinc?

A: Wilwood uses a process called “E-Coating” to protect our rotors from corrosion. E-coating is another name for electrocoating, electropainting, or electrophoretic lacquering. It is used to deposit a protective coating as opposed to a metal such as is deposited by electroplating. Parts are dipped into a vat of the e-coat material and are electrified in order to promote a reaction at the surface, which deposits the protective agent. Through this process, we ensure that all exposed surfaces are protected from corrosion, providing the very best in protection. You can still order Zinc plated rotors as an option, but keep in mind that the zinc coating is more expensive and offers less rust protection than e-coat.

Wilwood Engineering, Inc

Cool. I am unfamiliar with the various coatings they put on rotors these days. I figured it was probably some sort of coating. I can't imagine anyone would hopefully spraypaint a rotor :lol2:

That's cool that they go the extra mile to protect them till you get a chance to bed them in.

• 4 weeks later...

Update;

Loads of new photos on

Eric and his team pulled the plug on making SEMA they just want it perfect.

However, they are still jamming along at quite a pace I must say.

Floors are in!

Rims are 90% done

Basic alignment done

Shifter cable in

Air con evap unit in

Zada-Tech dash in

Steering done

Radiator in

Frame all redone!

Seat mounts in!

Harness belt placement done

Brake lines done

Bumpers made

Left to do...

Seal in cockpit and belly pan

Firewalls

Final motor install (takes like 15 minutes)

Drive by wire hooked up

Pop up headlights

Doors and windows

Gas tank fab / plumbing

Seat upholstery

Carpet

Dash fitment

Final motor / trans wiring

Cooling plumbing

Sound deadening

Wiring

Body:

Finish up new front end

Louvers (will be clear molded)

Make new rear clip

So there is a mountain of work, could have made SEMA but I think eric is correct lets plan on May 2016 for first public outing. We plan on shaking it down before then / working the bugs out.

New plan of debut;

2016 Silver State Classic enter in the Grand Sport Class where we will attempt to set the LP420 SVM as the fastest Urraco ever. Tech speed 165 MPH which is 16 mph faster than any Urraco to date.

Apply for hot rod class at The Quail Motorsports gathering in August for debut

No matter what the Stampede 2016 & Concorso

September enter Silver State again this time in the Super Sport Class Tech Speed 180mph

Vandenburg!!!!!!

SEMA...

• 3 weeks later...
The updated Urraco wheels look nice, especially the polished look to them. I was going to ask if they were custom made, but with a second look they definitely don't look stock. The front and rear offset is keen too. Are the headers equal length? Do you have anymore photos of them? The routing looks funny. Almost like some of the exhaust is dumping from the middle of the V. Ohh, and I'm really keen on the trans case's contrast between the case and ribbs/supports. Black and polished is cool. I think old cars need more polish of shiny metal, it's what helps give that old car feel. Why is the interior being fabbed instead of using the pre-existing interior? I think I'm missing something.

Thank you for the kind words,

Rims are made one off custom by OMF Performance Products in Corona California.

They will be finished to look like cast alloy rims of the original Compangolno rims.

Headers are equal length "bundle of snakes crossover headers"

We have tones of photos off the build and headers I will post some.

Danny Huseman did the headers and intake he is an automotive engineer by training and a race team car fabricator by trade.

His design and welding are works of art.

Interior was all burned up it needed to be all redone. BUT we decided to bring the car to the here and now not 40 years ago.

The seats will be heated and air cooled but covered to look like the original. The original dash and gauges went to Japan to help bring a car back to life.

BY the way.. This last weekend I successfully raced in the Silver State Classic in the 120 / tech speed 140 mile an hour class. took Second Place.

So in MAY 2016 we hope to have the Urraco ready for the 150 / 164 tech speed mile an hour class. Will try and hit the trap at 162 MPH making this the fastest Urraco ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent in an application for a show next year.. When I got the email asking if I wanted to apply, first call / question I asked, was, will we really make it?

Before I even thought to respond to the email. I was assured by Eric to go ahead and apply for the show entry that I have nothing to worry about them getting the car done in time for the show.

Will not say what show until we hear back because if its no, not going to let the wind out of our sails. BUt if the answer is yes we will debut the car at this show for sure.

Fingers crossed. Will know if we got in in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Drum roll please...

Wait for it..

"Dear Mr. Spindle,

I’m pleased to inform you that your 1973 Lamborghini Urraco has been accepted to be on display at The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering on Friday, August 19, 2016! At this time we will be distributing additional information as the event nears; including load-in schedules, access maps, and important ticket information.

Below is the information that will be printed on your entrant plaque and the bio of your vehicle that will be included in The Quail Magazine. Please respond to this e-mail with your approval or any changes to the text by Friday, October 30, 2015 at 5:00pm. In the event that we do not receive a response by the deadline, everything will be printed as is. Please note that we will look for your official photograph in April of 2016. *Subject to additional changes by The Peninsula Signature Events"

OH YEAH, Eric and his team at Ted's Hot Rod Shop assure us 10000000% we will be there. OH and YES we will run it in a race before the event to set the LP420 SVM as the fastest Urraco ever.

Smooth Sailing,

Karlton

LOL.. good one! No one has also mentioned the car is now LP 420 SVM Urraco.. Why is that funny?

LP for the way the motor is set in place no big deal

420 for the displacement 4.2L or is it 420, the car is going to be green.. LOL

SVM not so funny..

Will be doing the Silver State Open road race May 2016 in the 150 mile per hour class top speed in that class is only 165 mph. B ut a Urraco top speed per factory is 149 mph doing an average of 150 mph over 90 miles from a standing start will set the LP420 SVM as the fastest Urraco ever earning the SVM

• 4 weeks later...