The Knife Thread

TheFilipinoStig

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these knives carried just for self defense? What purpose does it serve for everyday use for the average man?

Unless the average man opens boxes with his teeth they come in handy. If you fish, hunt, or do anything involving using your hands on things other than a keyboard then they are REALLY useful.

Are these knives carried just for self defense? What purpose does it serve for everyday use for the average man?

"You don't need a knife until you need a knife"

Mine is used for a million different things each day. Comes in handy so often I find myself thinking that I can't believe I spent so many years not carrying one.

Opening boxes, cutting plastic ties,opening packaging, scraping dirty shoes, prying, slicing, dicing. You name it ;)

And yes,if my rounds misfire and my gun lets me down you bet your ass I've got one final trick in a jam. :icon_mrgreen:

Unless the average man opens boxes with his teeth they come in handy. If you fish, hunt, or do anything involving using your hands on things other than a keyboard then they are REALLY useful.

I take this statement back. I just remembered that I have used a knife to take the keys off a keyboard to repair it.

• 3 months later...

Shit.... I forgot about this thread.... Heres some of my stuff.... Some of its in the garage and its too fcuking cold to go get it. And some of its hidden around the house, and I cant fcuking find it.

IMG_1797.JPG

Shit.... I forgot about this thread.... Heres some of my stuff.... Some of its in the garage and its too fcuking cold to go get it. And some of its hidden around the house, and I cant fcuking find it.

That was half of the reason I bumped it. Looks like you're ready for the zombie appocalypse! Some nice hardware there. Hell of a first winter so far. All the water pipes survive?

Nice Romandad!

Nice. My grandpa was in WW2 in the Marines but either didn't have one or never brought his home...

Here's some of my secret squirrel stuff. One is a fake ball point pen with a pretty nice razor in it. A tiny s&w switchblade. And the folder is all plastic. 100%.

image.jpg

I'm digging that pen knife Roman!

Its nice. But I almost never wear a shirt with a front pen pocket. If I wore a suit everyday, that would be my favorite knife.

Here's some of my secret squirrel stuff. One is a fake ball point pen with a pretty nice razor in it. A tiny s&w switchblade. And the folder is all plastic. 100%.

Any info on the plastic lockback? I'm curious whether it is made out a cross linked epoxy polymer or just traditional ABS or something similar.

Any info on the plastic lockback? I'm curious whether it is made out a cross linked epoxy polymer or just traditional ABS or something similar.

You're going to have to ask Q.

You have his number? I have a few car mods in mind that he could help me with.

Yeah. I have his number. But he doesn't like me to give it out. Getting toys from him is hard enough without me pissing him off.

I'm digging that pen knife Roman!

That's a Boker Plus /Jim Wagner. I have the model # if you want.