Leap Motion Controller

Gilligan740

Did anyone else pre-order the Leap Motion Controller? Mine came in today and I've been playing around with it for about an hour now. While it is definitely too early in this product's development cycle to be of any real use, I see huge potential for app development, specialized implementations, and lots of interesting motion control interfaces to come. Check out the video if you're unaware of the product.

Paul great buy, how do you like it?

I think I need this in my life

Well, so far, there aren't any "practical" uses for it. There is an app store (they totally went with the Apple model on this thing) where there are some cool apps, games, etc. Mostly they're all just interesting demos for what this technology can do, rather than something you'd want to use every day.

The brilliant move was to open it up for development. People are going to come up with insane uses for these!

Bottom line: Worth $88 shipped to play with the future. But don't count on it as a keyboard/mouse replacement because it is not there yet.