Engine Overheating Update

tiger 6

Back on June 15, I posted a thread here on a problem with my Aventador engine overheating at low speeds. The cause and potential fix for the problem may be of interest to other Aventador owners.

The cause of the overheating problem was due to a stone being kicked up by the right rear wheel and lodging in the right rear fan housing and jamming one of the fan blades which prevented the fan from operating. At speeds above 45-50 mph, there was enough air velocity to keep the engine operating within a normal range. The fix was simple-remove the stone. No damage to the fan, blades, sensors etc.

Working with Greg Miller and Casey at Lamborghini of Washington, a fine mesh screen was purchased and installed in the left and right wheel wells to prevent any further stones etc causing any similar problems in the future. The mesh was sized to allow sufficient air to reach the fan. The screens are not visible unless the rear wheels are removed.

Thanks to both Greg and Casey for a job well done.

Thanks for sharing your experience and resolution!

As rare as this occurrence is, it's still great to know. The millions of little rocks we kick up during our drives, one gets stuck?! Odds aren't that bad!

Bet you feel better to learn that it's not your car!?

:iamwithstupid:

I am glad to hear that there is nothing wrong with your car and I appreciate the update! As random as something like that is, it is good to know. :icon_thumleft: