Sesto Elemento goes off-track on Top Gear - Video

Destructo

accelerator

Look, deep down, really down there you have some valid points. You do. There are couple of things that you are saying that I can identify with*

However you are not presenting them in the best light. Maybe take some time, settle down a bit, preview what you are saying and then look where you could make your point a little less overtly opinionated and a bit more water tight.

Sadly it means that currently you have attracted a batch of people that will sit there and quite happily bait you. Maybe think how you can present your point that others might find it easier to relate to.

This is my nice supportive tone btw. It can quite easily turn into my "shut the fcuk up weasel todger and fcuk the fcuk off" because I am tired, grumpy, over worked and underpaid.

*I myself am going through a difficult time and my mind is thinking of other things and I am not as focused as I should be so maybe that is why I understand some of the stuff you are saying.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The presenters obviously fell in love with Sesto Elemento and they did me to fall in love to Sesto Elemento as well. Great footage and it looked like much quicker around the lap than normal super cars. I'm sure "Stig" enjoys what he does and deliberatery wants to take all the cars to limit and over. There must be tens of cars that different Stigs have lost control over the course but they hasn't been worth the time to show on the program. Top gear wants to show the lap but time is too valuable to see much else. Koenigsegg and Sesto are such beasts that they santed to show more, also they travelled both very much quicker on travk so losting traction at somepoint on this bumpy ww2 airfield comes almost given..

Bad argument and missing the point. I like UGR because of what they can do with full street cars with AC/radio/full interior on street tires. Within these parameters, as far as I know, there is nothing "faster, better, etc"

And unlike what you wrote, 60-130 mph times on the street matter to me in the same way that lap times matter to me for track only cars.

If they didn't matter, people wouldn't record them. As simple as that

When I feel like having another headache I will come and read some of your posts.

When I feel like having another headache I will come and read some of your posts.

The forum has a great feature to solve that problem. Now, this is what I see when accelerator posts instead of what he/she actually writes:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: accelerator.

· View this post

· Un-ignore accelerator

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Out of over a hundred cars, I'm pretty sure at least 1 has taken that exact line if not EVERY CAR. Hell, Stig tried to take even LESS of the curb than he normally does.

Rear of the car is bouncing everywhere

I just wanted to point out that the BMW 1M went off the track at almost the exact same spot. The Stig is a human and all humans are bound to make a mistake every once in a while.

The forum has a great feature to solve that problem. Now, this is what I see when accelerator posts instead of what he/she actually writes:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: accelerator.

· View this post

· Un-ignore accelerator

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

My inquisitive nature doesn't allow me to use that feature :icon_mrgreen:

he's very passionate and obviously very stubborn ( most of us are) and because he has zero real life experiences with what he's debating he's always out of his element, I hope he will have the opportunity to experience things first hand than come back and comment on things, perhaps his views will change or even agree with some of the things we say.

haven't read all posts here but sure looked like a poor handling sort of car.

not planted at all.

Watched it again the other night and I think the skittish behaviour can be attributed to the lightweight nature and maybe a lack of actual aero design.

At certain speed, weight helps plant the car and the light weight nature along with the aero deficiency make it awkward.

Great vid, actually shows something different to what I thought (although the bump further pushed it over the edge). I saw it from the original lap that the car had oversteer under braking but had no idea about this twitchiness under power. This car is very oversteery in high speed cornering. Look at how tentative the Stig is when turning in.

The Sesto probably needs a lot more rear downforce and a different setup.

second fastest car on the track ever, must be doing something right...

I hope you don't make your choices based on what happens on TG.

New stig is faster than old stig.

i havent read any of the posts prior to this page6. srry can't be bothered.

watched the episode; agreed with capt_chaos and accelerator; the car seems way too tightly (im sure thats wrong word for it) sprung. with such a rigid carbonfibre hunk of car/tub; and the lightweight, surely a much more forgiving and softer setup would help it on such a bumpy track. Mind you its Lotus engineers who designed the track (on that old WW2 airfield) so they certainly chose to have the bumps not-smoothed over, etc.

how much time do u think the slicks on the huayra helped it out?

i was very disappointed and surprised by the 'shit' time of the Sesto! it looked incredibly quick.

Before we pass judgement on the Sesto based upon observation of a few who have reviewed a video of a driver driving on an airfield for an entertainment TV show, it may be wise to consider that people who actually drove the car loved it and said it handled great.

All three presenters thought it was fabulous and echoed those who drove it in Las Vegas. James and Richard went into detail about how easy it was to drive and how well behaved it was. I would concur with every statement they made.

I actually drove the Sesto and it handles better at speed than ANY car I have ever driven. It is amazing how easy it is to drive and how it refused to oversteer, understeer, break traction or be "twitchy" within my ability as a driver.

A professional driver with TC off on a bumpy airfield breaking a record may be a wild ride but 99.9999% of us are not going to drive like that.

Before we pass judgement on the Sesto based upon observation of a few who have reviewed a video of a driver driving on an airfield for an entertainment TV show, it may be wise to consider that people who actually drove the car loved it and said it handled great.

All three presenters thought it was fabulous and echoed those who drove it in Las Vegas. James and Richard went into detail about how easy it was to drive and how well behaved it was. I would concur with every statement they made.

I actually drove the Sesto and it handles better at speed than ANY car I have ever driven. It is amazing how easy it is to drive and how it refused to oversteer, understeer, break traction or be "twitchy" within my ability as a driver.

A professional driver with TC off on a bumpy airfield breaking a record may be a wild ride but 99.9999% of us are not going to drive like that.

full agree. cant make a judgement unless one has driven it.

im would love to drive it once ! and I actually fit in it (6ft8).

Hell, 99.99999% won't event drive the car, let alone "drive it like that" :lol2:

Glad you got to experience it though!