Canadian Countaches

rhyno

there's a red one (with wing) in Mississauga Ontario I'll try to get more information. Its been located at a mechanic shop for quite some time

Find anything out?

Find anything out?

Here is another theory of why we saw a sudden dry up of CTs for sale in the US. For a long time the sales prices here were below all other markets in the world. This is due to US buyers not willing to pay up but mostly due to the very cheap $.

All the foreigners could actually make money buying here and selling there or get quite a discount for a long time... until there is no more car to sell in the US.

Look at all the cars that left across the CT variants spectrum? That created a shortage in the US. All the car for sale like in europe are not dropping is asking price and the $ still being in the doghouse, these cars are not cheap by US standards. The few sellers here have adjusted to the world asking price.

Hence the sales we now see are comparable to the price there now.

If this validate it means a $$ rebirth would bring a lots of car back in unless the Europeans adjust for it in the ask. But given the monetary policies I don't see this occurring in the forseeable future and price are to remain high until rates force the $ down.

Does this makes sense to you guys?

This is due to US buyers not willing to pay up but mostly due to the very cheap $.

Does this makes sense to you guys?

The Loonie has fallen vs. the greenback in the last couple months, meaning it's become 5% more expensive for me to buy a Lamborghini out of the States. It's become a hurdle.

I think if the greenback is in the doghouse vs a foreign currency it makes it easier for that foreigner to buy in the states. So Yellen being "committed to supporting the recovery" to me says it's open season for foreigners to buy Stateside, IF in fact their currency appreciates relative to the greenback.

Canada unfortunately for me and my Diablo quest has seen the opposite happen of late. The US Dollar is stronger vs. the Loonie.

• 6 years later...

This is quite random for a response but whatever haha, I was on my way back home from work and saw a red countach with the gold ish rims. I was confused cause I've never seen one anywhere in person and had to google it. Turns out it's for sale. It was mentioned in an earlier post. Kinda interesting seeing it but just thought to share and who knows if anyone is interested.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/lamborghini/countach/2416147.html