Tesla price increases... $132k for all the options

FikseSTS

Tesla just revamped pricing and the same car I have is now $16k more, $103k to $119k.... the base model prices didn't change much, but they are really hammering people on the higher optioned cars...

check all the options and the car is $132,270 (then subtract the $7,500 tax credit)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a chance to sit in one recently, and while I love the exterior, I would never be able to get used to that iPad on the inside.

with regards to form or function?

It's better and easier to use that any other infotainment system out there.... and they make updates to it over the air to enhance with new features....

I had a chance to sit in one recently, and while I love the exterior, I would never be able to get used to that iPad on the inside.

I drove the Telsa a couple weeks ago, and I really liked it. The car rode really good, and it was pretty fast and fun. The regenerative braking was my favorite feature, I rarely ever had to use the brakes, just let off the gas and the car stops. Only complaint was the interior, while very functional and good quality, was not as nice as other cars over 100k. I loved the Ipad thing, I havent heard anyone complain about that. Pricing of the car I drove was around 117 or 119k, so yeah the prices are getting up there. I do want to own one at some point, but I am not sure if or when I will have a use for it over other passenger cars in my stable.

This is to be expected. The nationwide "free" recharge will no doubt have a fee as well. Now that it's becoming 'popular' it's going to cost more. We'll see if that's the undoing, or what keeps it going.

charging at the tesla superchargers is free, battery swapping isn't...

This is to be expected. The nationwide "free" recharge will no doubt have a fee as well. Now that it's becoming 'popular' it's going to cost more. We'll see if that's the undoing, or what keeps it going.

I test drove the Tesla Performance S model (the top of the line model) and I was blown away. My current DD is a M5 and alhtough I l love my naturally-aspirated engine, OMG, is this thing fast. I love the center console and the gianormous iPad like interface. I love that there are only 2 buttons inside the car... one for hazards and other for the glovebox. Seriously, there is no doubt that they have a hit on their hands. Pricey yes, but in this end of the scale, the car is pretty damn sweet (I still can't believe I am saying that and that says a lot)!

Elon says 'forever' I believe him...

haha, yeah. the man is all about commercialization of his business.

paypal was once free too

there are tons of model s in the san francisco area. they are selling like hot cakes. however, the depreciation is high. a lightly used model with only a couple thousand miles are selling in the 70-80k range. lots of people that are into status are buying them for showing off and carpool lane.

I sold my 2012 Tesla for what I paid for it after putting 5,500 miles on it in 5 months.... they also give you a guaranteed resale value on it after 3 years so you don't lose any more than you would in the comparable BMW/MB/Audi...

haha, yeah. the man is all about commercialization of his business.

paypal was once free too

there are tons of model s in the san francisco area. they are selling like hot cakes. however, the depreciation is high. a lightly used model with only a couple thousand miles are selling in the 70-80k range. lots of people that are into status are buying them for showing off and carpool lane.

Ive looked at the Tesla, and Im in the camp that the outside looks ok, reminds me of some model of Kia I see driving around, not sure which one. The inside on the other hand apart from the dash Ipad, is terrible inmo. It looks extremely cheap especially when compared to other cars of this price range. I havent driven one, but in the end no matter how well it drives its not worth the money to me.

Now on the flip side, we went with Deuce and test drove a Chevy Volt, and that car was very impressive. Good power, interesting dash and info center, also shows all that regenerative braking info etc, interior very good quality compared to other cars of this caliper. They have a lease, like 2k down $275 a month.. As a local car, with the gas money you save, thats like driving for like $100 a month.

Ive looked at the Tesla, and Im in the camp that the outside looks ok, reminds me of some model of Kia I see driving around, not sure which one. The inside on the other hand apart from the dash Ipad, is terrible inmo. It looks extremely cheap especially when compared to other cars of this price range. I havent driven one, but in the end no matter how well it drives its not worth the money to me.

Now on the flip side, we went with Deuce and test drove a Chevy Volt, and that car was very impressive. Good power, interesting dash and info center, also shows all that regenerative braking info etc, interior very good quality compared to other cars of this caliper. They have a lease, like 2k down $275 a month.. As a local car, with the gas money you save, thats like driving for like $100 a month.

The Telsa I sat in (didn't drive) was underwhelming, I also thought that the interior needs work at this price point. But while I love the detailed and cool information and data that the console touchscreen provided, I couldn't stand being forced to use it in a car for audio and HVAC adjustment while driving.

Buttons and knobs for the most used functions should always be the rule in a car, doesn't matter if it's Cadillac and Ford with their idiotic haptic touch surfaces or this weird iPad bullshit in the Telsa. If I can't reach down, manipulate the audio levels or climate control in a half-second without taking my eyes off the road to do it, it's a fail. Doesn't matter how "cool" or "omg the future!" it may seem.

The Germans have the mix right in their lux cars right now, Audi/Mercedes/BMW have a perfect blend of knobs/buttons for frequently used controls and everything else on the nav screen. Some things just can't be virtualized, and they seem to have figured out what their customers prefer.

Also like the Volt, feel it's highly underrated. Do agree with its detractors that the price is a bit much for it (even with the tax credit), and it's tough to justify choosing it over cars that offer more space/power like a loaded Honda Accord or something, but the lease deal sounds competitive depending on the mileage caps.

The first European cars arrived in Norway just now, and I get mine sometime next month I hope!

Buttons and knobs for the most used functions should always be the rule in a car

The most used functions are on the steering wheel... Also this is what people said when the touch phones came.

image.jpg

The Telsa I sat in (didn't drive) was underwhelming, I also thought that the interior needs work at this price point. But while I love the detailed and cool information and data that the console touchscreen provided, I couldn't stand being forced to use it in a car for audio and HVAC adjustment while driving.

Buttons and knobs for the most used functions should always be the rule in a car, doesn't matter if it's Cadillac and Ford with their idiotic haptic touch surfaces or this weird iPad bullshit in the Telsa. If I can't reach down, manipulate the audio levels or climate control in a half-second without taking my eyes off the road to do it, it's a fail. Doesn't matter how "cool" or "omg the future!" it may seem.

The Germans have the mix right in their lux cars right now, Audi/Mercedes/BMW have a perfect blend of knobs/buttons for frequently used controls and everything else on the nav screen. Some things just can't be virtualized, and they seem to have figured out what their customers prefer.

Also like the Volt, feel it's highly underrated. Do agree with its detractors that the price is a bit much for it (even with the tax credit), and it's tough to justify choosing it over cars that offer more space/power like a loaded Honda Accord or something, but the lease deal sounds competitive depending on the mileage caps.

There are controls for the audio on the wheel. Just fyi.

yes, and you can customize the steering wheels buttons to do what ever you need, I use them for radio and climate control....

There are controls for the audio on the wheel. Just fyi.

If I remember correctly was 36month 12k mile a yr lease.. buying the car for 40k is a ripoff, but leasing it seemed like a good deal.

I agree the exterior shape is a bit generic, the interior uses some Mercedes switchgear, fit, finish and materials are ok, not great. They could mix in a few buttons for HVAC having to access the IPAD for everything is a bit of a pain. Personally I found the IPAD screen really distracting when driving it, it's always in your peripheral view. However they have absolutely nailed the drive train, ride quality, handling and braking. I see anywhere from 5 to 10 a day in my neighborhood. I have 2 friends with them, they absolutely love them.

The 120 volt charging does not work at all, both my friends have tried it and literally an overnight charge added only 20 or 30 miles to the range.

I sold my 2012 Tesla for what I paid for it after putting 5,500 miles on it in 5 months.... they also give you a guaranteed resale value on it after 3 years so you don't lose any more than you would in the comparable BMW/MB/Audi...

I am guessing you sold at least 3-4 months ago? I am noticing pricing on used s starting to drop recently. Guess more used teslas are on market now. Typical supply and demand.

yea, couple months ago, haven't looked in a while, don't even see any used ones on ebay...

I am guessing you sold at least 3-4 months ago? I am noticing pricing on used s starting to drop recently. Guess more used teslas are on market now. Typical supply and demand.

• 4 months later...

Resale Price Guarantee:

http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/f...e-guarantee.pdf

btw, I work for Tesla now, if anyone has any questions, shoot them my direction. I don't work on commission.

I can't get any price reductions, but I can get you some swag if you want to make a purchase.

Resale Price Guarantee:

btw, I work for Tesla now, if anyone has any questions, shoot them my direction. I don't work on commission.

I can't get any price reductions, but I can get you some swag if you want to make a purchase.

Hows the new store coming along? Saw pics on FB looked like a decent turn out

Resale Price Guarantee:

I have a customer who works at the location in Fashion Square mall in scottsdale. She just got her's delivered last week. She did not get a discount on her car either. I was surprised.

The are coming out with an employee program next year, but want to fill all pending orders ASAP. The Model X will be launching also, which will be huge for the AWD fans. One nice thing is you are always rest assured there is not a better deal out there around the corner. The price is the price. The $7500 instant credit may go away in the future but not before 2016, so there is at least 2 years left on that. I got my car a year ago and spent $900 on electricity vs. $5600 in fuel from my previous car. Pretty cool.

I actually really like the exterior, but I agree with the interior is a complete let down. I wanted to have my mom look at one, but that price, I'd rather her get a BMW 7 series or the new Mercedes S class.