My New Girl...White 2013 SL Edizione Tecnica

houstonT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The official press release from Automobili Lamborghini SpA on the Edizione Tecnica :

"With a more determined lightweight design, a focus on high performance and a purist look, the LP 570-4 Superleggera and the LP 570-4 Spyder Performante mark the very pinnacle of the Gallardo family. As Edizione Tecnica, they benefit from a further improved equipment level and an even more individual look. Features of the Edizione Tecnica include the fixed high rear wing, as well as brakes in carbon-ceramic technology. They combine low weight with outstanding fade resistance and durability.

The power to weight ratio down to an outstanding 2,35 allows the car to be taken as one of the best references in the segment.

The Edizione Tecnica underscore sits very special look with three new exclusive optional color combinations, whereby the entire roof arch and front air intakes are painted in a contrast color. The available shades are: Nero Nemesis (matt black) body with Arancio Argos (orange) pillars and front air intakes, Bianco Canopus (matt white) body with Arancio Argos pillars and front air intakes, and Arancio Argos body with Nero Nemesis pillars and front air intakes.

In addition to this, all the new Gallardo models can be customized to a virtually limitless degree with the exclusive and well known: "Ad Personam" Lamborghini program.

Paris, September 26, 2012"

Congrats, but aren't you worried about buying in when it's about to be replaced? There's one here that i like but i've done in 50k on the current one and don't want to do another 70 or so!

Thanks for all of the positive comments...the white on the SL is just remarkable...I can't wait for UGR to get their hands on the car, all she needs is more power.

LA BRIT, I did in fact contemplate that....but feel good about the purchase for a few reasons. When the Cabrera hits the streets it'll be mid-late 2014. Every dealer will mark up the car $10k-30k like they did the Aventador b/c fools will pay up to own one. I bet they don't sell at MSRP until sometime in 2015. Also this car will compete with the 458 and I bet the MSRP will be near $300k. The car will be "better" with an Aventador type dash and a DSG but I prefer the purist e-gear feel. Lastly, you NEVER EVER EVER see white SL's for sale. The only two I know of in recent memory are the $375k stage 2R UGR car and some nasty wide body looking thing that has been f/s forever. You just don't see white flawless SL's on the market. All of these things combined make me comfortable with the purchase.....

Peter

well, at least it has orange stitching.

and i'm the fastest lambo in katy now for at least 8 weeks. :)

Congrats!!

I agree completely. If you aren't already in, you won't be getting the Cabrera at msrp for awhile. As we saw with the Aventador, it did nothing to drive prices on Murcielagos down and I don't believe this will happen with the Gallardos.

Congrats! Personally I've always loved white best on the Gallardo, enjoy the car in good health :icon_thumleft:

Wow, looks stunning! Congrats. It will be the ultimate machine once Kevin gets his hands on it. :icon_thumleft:

Very nice! Congrats!

I've been asked many times now....."what UGR package will you be going with????"

If you want to be "fast"....2R is the only way to go....as you all know the 2011+ newer SL's respond well to that package. That is my number 1 choice...however, I do have this thing called a wife and kids that really want a pool, and that might eat into my "SL modding fund". :)

Soooooooooooooooooooooo I will likely end up with the exact same package as my black 2011 had...stage 3, MoTeC, race heads....that combo just works. STOCK driveability, 1150 whp on pump gas, 1250 when you want to run some race.........

Peter

I've been asked many times now....."what UGR package will you be going with????"

If you want to be "fast"....2R is the only way to go....as you all know the 2011+ newer SL's respond well to that package. That is my number 1 choice...however, I do have this thing called a wife and kids that really want a pool, and that might eat into my "SL modding fund". :)

Soooooooooooooooooooooo I will likely end up with the exact same package as my black 2011 had...stage 3, MoTeC, race heads....that combo just works. STOCK driveability, 1150 whp on pump gas, 1250 when you want to run some race.........

Peter

Have you considered a stage 4 top secret CTD build instead? Your wife may be more approachable considering you could probably have the house and pool paid off before writing the final check for the TT build. Just a thought.

Red - thanks man!!!!

Gentry - I do not know what a CTD build is to be honest...UGR has done my first 3 cars and really there is NO competition in the market for them.......

m3jasper - me too man but who woulda thunk they'd still be so damn expensive??!!

Peter

Red - thanks man!!!!

Gentry - I do not know what a CTD build is to be honest...UGR has done my first 3 cars and really there is NO competition in the market for them.......

m3jasper - me too man but who woulda thunk they'd still be so damn expensive??!!

Peter

Umm, I Gentry is talking about a top secret, special NASA-spec build by these guys:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64403