Educate me on Daytonas

sprite

I've been thinking of picking up a white face SS daytona. Should I buy new or used? What's a good price? Is there any difference between say a 2013 and a 2008 model? Do the years matter?

If you're going to wear it regularly, I see no reason not to go used. Just make sure it's legit and has box and papers if you plan to resell and hold decent value.

The Daytona is a beautiful watch but EVERYONE has one. If you must go down that route, get a vintage one (I prefer the '78 model year). Not as clunky as the newer ones and a REAL investment - you'll spend at least $18-30K (if you can find one) but I guarantee you in 5 years it'll be worth 20% more than what you paid for it.

Good luck.

i love my ss daytona but i might wait and hope next year they put the ceramic bezel. If that does not matter to you I would try to buy a new one from a rolex dealer one of the only watches that a new one is cheaper than used. Again great watch and nice to have in any collection. But i do wear my hublot more

Then he has the problem of getting someone to sell him a new one at list. It is tough to do unless you have purchased a good amount of stock from a certified dealer. If you can get a new one at list, I don't see why you would buy used.

Then he has the problem of getting someone to sell him a new one at list. It is tough to do unless you have purchased a good amount of stock from a certified dealer. If you can get a new one at list, I don't see why you would buy used.

They are not that hard to get new, one can get one at list any day. As much as I like the Daytona, the whole world has one.

I have one and I still get the "OMG, where did you get that" when I walk into a Rolex dealer. LIke I have some key to the kingdom.