member's bikes thread

emilio

i made a quick search but did not find a specific thread

since this is a sport - exotic car forum i am pretty confident some members own/owned some bikes

it could be nice if we share some pics and infos on bikes owned by the forum members...any kind of bikes, from an R1 to HDs, vintage, etc...

i do not have any modern rocket bike ... but again i like the old slower stuff

i start with my last purchase: a 1992 aprilia sport pro

it is a small bike: 125 cc, 2 strokes, mono

35 hp and genuine over 170 Km/h top speed

light bike at 115 Kgs dry and the derived by one of the quickest and best handling 125 cc bikes of the era (the Aprilia Futura 125) the sport pro was a "special omologation" bikes with some peculiar features (adjustable rear absorber, special gearing, different HOT cilender, etc...) built in around 300 examples to compete in the sport production italian championship

these races were very popular 20 years ago and you could compete without spending a fortune slightly modded production bikes

a lot of famous riders competed in this championship, Valentino Rossi won the 125cc sport production italian championship on an official Cagiva Mito before competing in the 125 GP races with Aprilia

a pic of my bike and a pic from the period Aprilia advertising

post-4328-1377254848_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1377254903.jpg

These are my current bikes...1951 panhead , custom, 1974 shovel custom built by hank young, 2011 MV agusta f4, 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory...and me riding a BMWs1000RR at barber in june..I have a over 20 year history of bikes ,racing as well as track days.

I like the Panhead!

My current bike. 2003 Buell XB9S. Ive always liked these and found a good one last year.

post-7086-1377281651_thumb.jpg

My Triumph Speed Triple after I installed the belly pan.

f9648aa.jpg

With Mt. Rushmore in the background.

4bea361.jpg

My 600RR on a city ride in Denver when it was too cold to get into the canyons.

273f49d.jpg

Always wanted this exact bike since I first laid eyes on it over a decade ago. Hope to turn it into a convo piece one day.

Added a little reflective tape accents for $hits and giggles

2mmadu8.jpg

Couple pics of my 2006 HD VROD.

Nice bike! I love Vrods! Ive ridden a bunch of them, just never owned one.

Thanks...hank did a good job ...I did have to change the tank but all else was perfect

Got any more of the Pan Head?

IMG_3909-1.jpg

Whistler, BC.

Bad Ass man! But aren't you riding an M1, not an uzzi? :eusa_think:

I'm looking into putting a smaller chainring on my DH bike and doing some trail riding with it now. No F-Der mount and running a single 44 with a chain guide so it might be interesting.

Bad Ass man! But aren't you riding an M1, not an uzzi?

Well, since you asked :icon_mrgreen:

IMG_0172.jpg

I forget what front ring I have, prob a 42, and with a 32 rear I can climb most trails on M1.

I just got a Hammerschimdt yesterday for the above pictured UzziVP, so we'll how that goes. Never used one before... but it might be good for my DH bike too!

I believe I'm running an 11-27 (Dura-Ace road cassette) on it now, always liked the tight ratio setup on DH and DS bikes.

Might have to check out that XTR cassette with the 34 or 36 and maybe drop down to a 42 up front.

Cool man, let me know how that front drivetrain works out for you, thought I'm a little worried *I* would break it. After trashing a few XTR BBs I am currently running a full chromoly crank set with huge splined BB from Profile Racing (it's a bmx setup actually, with the threaded MTB BB cups) Little heavy but it's bombproof.

I have the wide cassette because I ride my DH bike just about anywhere. I did Noble Canyon on it a few months ago.

After trashing a few XTR BBs I am currently running a full chromoly crank set with huge splined BB from Profile Racing (it's a bmx setup actually, with the threaded MTB BB cups) Little heavy but it's bombproof.

The Hammerschmidt comes in a freeride version with a solid (i think) spindle BB and stronger crank arms. I got the lighter AllMountain version because I'm only 155# and I ride pretty smooth. I dunno, it's hard to keep up with the technology. I'm about 5 years behind. Apparently they make rear derailleurs with clutches now and the Hammerschmidt is passe. Who'd a thunk?

Lowrider DH bike!

IMG_3910o.jpg

Damn how did you get that one to stick to the ceiling??

:icon_mrgreen:

It must be an Australian build.

That color on the street glide is incredible. Awesome bikes.

It must be an Australian build.

That color on the street glide is incredible. Awesome bikes.

Haha. Thanks!

Does anyone know how to rotate the pic back to how it's supposed to be? If you "click" on it, the pic shows up correctly...