What's a GT worth now?

abolfaz

Depends on who did it. If it's a big name shop, you basically get all the money back. Some of the cars with random kits have sat for an eternity. Long term, I'm sure a car that has never been touched will be worth more. 99% of the system is reversible though, and I've toyed with the idea of eventually putting everything stock back on when I retire the car from heavy use for good.

I had a red no stripe TT car that I traded on this MP4 a couple months ago and it brought about $213k with 3200 miles. I would think a stripeless red car with those miles is worth around $190k, so the turbo system (which was already on the car when I got it) didn't really have much of an effect on the value.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a low mileage black 4 option car if anyone comes across one. Has to be a stellar example. 05 or 06 is fine if anyone trips across one.

Great car, and I knew when it was launched it would be special, but I never would have guessed the prices would have gone up like this. I rolled my eyes when everyone was crazy about buying them over sticker, but they were right about the coming market for them.

I believe another driver for the market value is the lack of certain major spare parts, making many that are in collisions unrepairable and therefore totaled.

• 2 weeks later...

Motorcars international in St. Louis just advertised a red/white stripe modded gt at $239k. That's up almost $100k from a year or so ago.

i think a new record was set for a Heritage that sold for 417K a couple of weeks ago... and there are a lot of other high $$ ones out there as the availability of the cars has become more scarce...

just stupid money .

makes this even more a bargain of the century:

http://www.lamborghinihouston.com/web/used...-Texas/9843689/

There's a definite and obvious reason the cars are going up in value. No more production, no successor model and a fairly high rate of attrition for existing cars. The window of opportunity on a "next" GT that would materially affect the value of 05-06 cars is closed. Likelihood of anything remotely GT related is very, very slim. Cars continue to get wadded up. Some people go around claiming 2,000 have been totaled. Um, no. I would say more like 500 wiped from the earth, maybe double that with some kind of ding, and I get to see a whole lot of GTs in crashed condition with the VINs taped over.

I think the prices have gone up too fast recently, and there's some definite stupidity in the auction mania. But I don't think you're ever going to see them plummet back to MSRP. GT holds up well against cars nearly 10 years newer and it's just a fun car to drive/own. Part of the pricing is driven by the massive amount of people that own multiple. Guys that own them love them, and because they can't get a new one, they hoard the old ones.

I would say true market on virtually all cars is about what Shelby at Elite Autos asks. He's generally within a couple percentage points of what they sell for on his asking prices. He usually sells the lower mileage stuff (sub 10k), but I will say the higher mileage prices are what blow my mind. I've seen some pretty beat cars with 20k+ miles go for MSRP+. I thought a buddy of mine overpaid at $150k on a car that took a pretty heavy hit. Now I've seen similar cars go for $20k more. Wouldn't have called that one.

Bingo. Do you know anybody with 3 or 6 Gallardos? Yet I'm sure they are a few FGT owners out there with massive collections of FGTs, a la Peak. As you said, combined with the crash, the timeless design, and the fact that the car is just great, period, makes it an instant classic. I'm not really that surprised to see them hold.

I tried for months to convince a family friend to buy a stripe-less black FGT when they first came out...he argued for a few thousands of dollars with the dealer for a while...then gave up...mistake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Peak bought them all and is hoarding them in his bunker.

Last I heard a low mile heritage changed hands for north of $200k, haven't seen a ton for sale recently either.

they are like savings bonds :D

that are fun to drive and are increasing in value quickly haha

Allan always made fun of me but my lambos are going down down down and these are not :D

they are like savings bonds :D

that are fun to drive and are increasing in value quickly haha

Allan always made fun of me but my lambos are going down down down and these are not :D

Cause you bought the wrong lambos.... :turboalex:

• 1 month later...