Porsche CGT 2004-2005

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second year: Option of carbon fiber shift knob and custom colors,

The company mounted a glass screen between the safety bars, added a seat-height adjustment .

Recent Evo said they were a lot less hairy with modern rubber. Looks great in white.

I had heard from a few sources that the car was designed around very sticky tires (ultimately slicks) and it really didn't like street rubber. Makes sense better DOT rubber would help it along in a big way.

Second year: Option of carbon fiber shift knob and custom colors,

The company mounted a glass screen between the safety bars, added a seat-height adjustment .

:iamwithstupid: Although paint to sample colors were available in 04 as well.

Don't remember seeing one in white before. That does look good!

:iamwithstupid:

Would like to see more of that . Looks great

Hey Allan , Jay and that silver car of his spark up some interest?

:iamwithstupid:

Would like to see more of that . Looks great

Hey Allan , Jay and that silver car of his spark up some interest?

Ive actually been thinking about one for awhile now. Seeing Jay in his got me thinking even more.

Get a 2005 if you can. Different software for actuating the clutch from a dead stop. The 2005 cars are the ones to have. Make sure the car has a new clutch, or that the price reflects it not having one. Make sure that the service has been done as well, quite a few things on that car are engine out from my understanding, and the requires pulling the chassis apart. I can't think of a sexier car though, period. Of all the cars out there, this car will always be at the top of my list.

Get a 2005 if you can. Different software for actuating the clutch from a dead stop. The 2005 cars are the ones to have. Make sure the car has a new clutch, or that the price reflects it not having one. Make sure that the service has been done as well, quite a few things on that car are engine out from my understanding, and the requires pulling the chassis apart. I can't think of a sexier car though, period. Of all the cars out there, this car will always be at the top of my list.

Yes, I think 2005 is a must. Starting up my research on servicing etc.

Chances of getting one in white are slim and none..

There was a wrecked white one with a clean title in your neck of the woods a few months ago. Minor damage.

There's only one white one from what I could identify, in the states that is. There is a white one in FLorida but told it's a repaint. The pricing on these cars seems to run parallel to the FGT, they are up right now. There is an oil seal that leaks on the car that is part of a service bulletin they usually repair when they replace the clutch. Just for general information, the clutch is the most important part, replacement runs 27-30k. When new, they are 31mm thick, factory recommends replacement at 27mm, and some dealers say 28mm, all depends on who you talk to.

The cars are great, just not sure they're worth current asking prices right now.

Yes, I think 2005 is a must. Starting up my research on servicing etc.

Major involves taking a lot of the car apart to check different parts and clutch, like Kevin said is near 30k to replace. Also no front lift so scrapy scrape goes the front.

I found one a few years that was a great deal I could afford the buy in but the maintenance scared me off. That and the thoughts of costs if the engine blew etc.

You are at a different level than me though as far as car buying so I hope you get one. I would in a heartbeat if I could.

Here's a famous thread about the 4 year service:

http://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/27461-fayen...e-must-see.html

and another

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=934622

and another

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/carr...ce-4-years.html

Allan, I just bought one. I did a lot of research. Feel free to PM me with any questions. The clutch service will not be as high as there are no new clutches available anymore from Porsche--they now have a rebuild program for the clutch pack. It's a Tilton unit anyways (which is the same as Sach's in Europe) so you can buy a new clutch for about $8K--or about $16K with labor (a new Murci clutch runs around $9500 for comparison). A properly driven car (using the clutch assist on rollout) will go well over 20,000 miles before reaching the 28mm min. The major 4 year service is $10K and engine out ONLY if you do the valve adjustment--which they don't need until at least 30K miles. Everyone who has done the valve check with up to that mileage has not required a single adjustment on any valve. So the dealers are now not recommending doing a valve service based on any time metric--only on a mileage basis. So, oil changes are around $900 and a major with plugs, belts, air filters, oil change and fluid level checks is $6000 or less. There is not a significant difference between 04-05, but the market seems to dictate a preference for 05 cars (which I did buy).

I bought mine because it is going to be an appreciating asset from here on out and the car delivers the purest form of driving experience and driver interaction available on the road today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Allan, I just bought one. I did a lot of research. Feel free to PM me with any questions. The clutch service will not be as high as there are no new clutches available anymore from Porsche--they now have a rebuild program for the clutch pack. It's a Tilton unit anyways (which is the same as Sach's in Europe) so you can buy a new clutch for about $8K--or about $16K with labor (a new Murci clutch runs around $9500 for comparison). A properly driven car (using the clutch assist on rollout) will go well over 20,000 miles before reaching the 28mm min. The major 4 year service is $10K and engine out ONLY if you do the valve adjustment--which they don't need until at least 30K miles. Everyone who has done the valve check with up to that mileage has not required a single adjustment on any valve. So the dealers are now not recommending doing a valve service based on any time metric--only on a mileage basis. So, oil changes are around $900 and a major with plugs, belts, air filters, oil change and fluid level checks is $6000 or less. There is not a significant difference between 04-05, but the market seems to dictate a preference for 05 cars (which I did buy).

I bought mine because it is going to be an appreciating asset from here on out and the car delivers the purest form of driving experience and driver interaction available on the road today.

:iamwithstupid: Hot car Leadfoot!

Like I told you Allan, Tom does these things daily for a fraction of what people claim and I was right it was around 8k for clutch

Chances of getting one in white are slim and none..

one for sale in Dubai. but I really just do not like it in white, sure i'd get bored of that colour. in Black it looks best!

would love one next to the SV! Leadfoot, pics with the two together pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Incredible looking car Leadfoot...

Thanks so much! I'm really happy with it! I didn't mention it in this thread, but it's a March 2006 build and the last car imported into the US......it's number 1264/1270

one for sale in Dubai. but I really just do not like it in white, sure i'd get bored of that colour. in Black it looks best!

would love one next to the SV! Leadfoot, pics with the two together pleeeeeeeeeeeease

I'll definitely take some pics of the siblings together! Thx! I should have the GT by next Wed (it's coming from the West coast)

And I want to give a shoutout to Roy and Jonathan Cats for such a smooth and awesome transaction! Those guys are the tits!!!!