Nordschleife vs. Porsche 918 Spyder

q8ylambo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great in white. First cars already delivered to customers?

The production will start on the 18th of september. I think thats car is for frankfurt motor show.

It looks like I might have to get one. It is looking really good. I like the fact you can remove the top.

It looks like I might have to get one. It is looking really good. I like the fact you can remove the top.

They look pretty badass to me. Between the 918 and your desire to pick up a CGT I like where this is going! Throw in the M1 and your XJ220. :headbang:

They look pretty badass to me. Between the 918 and your desire to pick up a CGT I like where this is going! Throw in the M1 and your XJ220. :headbang:

M1 and XJ220 not going anywhere, blue chip. So is the CGT. I am back to where I was before, too many cars and not enough time to drive them.

Amazing watching how calm the 918 seemed compared to the violence experienced in the 956. I wonder if the circuit is actually that much smoother, or if the suspension technology has evolved that far?

it's propably most front electric motors giving chassis straightening pull effect on low speeds (corner exits), torque vectoring, electric diffs and rear axle steering. Plus more aero, better center of weight.

Yeah I noticed that too, car couldn't go faster than 280 after he fiddled with that button. The boost was also showing red indicator, before there were yellow dots.. I don't think the car can't go faster without electric motor, must be another issue..

I still wonder how the car is not able to go faster than 284kmh at the end on longest straight. my 15years old M3 topped the same with 1/3 of the 918:s horsepower.

Even with 608hp from it's V8 it should be able to go at least 330-340kmh.... McLaren F1 went with 20more hp 100kmh faster than this....

Ring Times Matter To 918 Buyers.

"According Frank Walliser Porsche had 600 + deposits on 918's, even before they announced the ring times September 10th. He actually said 'We have deposits on 2/3rds of the vehicles so far', on September 9th. Subsequently, Porsche has said that sales have been boosted even more, since the Ring Time announcement at Frankfurt (September 10th). So now they expect to sell out, 'well before the year is over', according to them.

This information came from Walliser at Frankfurt."

You can't compare Stephen's 956 time. The course was much smoother then and he got an aero tow from an identical car.

918's time is very impressive but it's VMAX falling off at the end of the lap shows MAX available HP didn't last through one lap. It's second would be slower.

The P1 time is a shock to me as it's relative slow. IMO it doesn't work well at the 4.5 inch ride height needed to run the Ring and it's Total Max HP doesn't last long enough for a really fast Ring Lap.

Mechanical grip and total producible down force matter at The Ring.

We pull 2.8 G's and make 2800LBs.

With the same weight as P1 and much less HP (530 Petrol 50 KERS for 50 seconds) we ran a 6:51.

Our VMAX at The Ring was about 270KPH (drag limited)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Another update (unconfirmed yet)

0-60 mph - 2.38 seconds!!!

1/4 mile - 9.65 seconds!!!

More bragging rights and meaningless numbers lol . But, it seems to be the only way to sell supercars these days, put down numbers and stats that most mere mortals will never be able to duplicate without professional help.

Another update (unconfirmed yet)

0-60 mph - 2.38 seconds!!!

1/4 mile - 9.65 seconds!!!

wow, i hope that's right, means it spanks the P1 :D

It's got AWD so 0-60 is going to be quicker.

Wrong, P1's numbers are from a runway in the draggiest mode and stiffest mode on used tires. It will easily do a 9.5 second quarter in customer's hands

Pirelli just revealed custom Trofeo R's for the P1. They are much more aggressive than the custom corsas on the P1 currently.

If Porsche bumps the power to 918hp, which they should if they are smart, then it will be a pretty good race between the P1 and 918 in the quarter. I actually prefer the 918 at the moment because of the removable roof.

If Porsche bumps the power to 918hp, which they should if they are smart, then it will be a pretty good race between the P1 and 918 in the quarter. I actually prefer the 918 at the moment because of the removable roof.

I think someone would have to be crazy to prefer the p1 over the 918.

I also think someone would have to be crazy to prefer either over the (much more limited) 50th Anniversario Aventador Roadster.

But I get it. Some people like to pretend that because the best race car driver in the world got an amazing lap time at a race track in a country they've never even been to makes them special. The fantasy camp aside, the Aventador roadster is a cooler car. But I'm talking real life.

I think someone would have to be crazy to prefer the p1 over the 918.

I also think someone would have to be crazy to prefer either over the (much more limited) 50th Anniversario Aventador Roadster.

Ill take one 918 and one 50th Roadster plz!

Call me crazy, but I would take a 50th Roadster or Carrera GT over either the 918 or P1. GT seems like it would be insanely fun to drive and the sound, oh my does it sound good. The 50th, yeah, enough said.

I'm not sold on the ridiculous transmissions and 22,000 dewalt battery packs. It might be fast, but if someone wants ludicrously fast just buy a damn racecar and go to a racetrack where you can actually use it.

And you guys think scheduled maintenance on a Veyron is $$$, wait till you need to replace those batteries.