Nordschleife vs. Porsche 918 Spyder

q8ylambo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these cars' performance envelope is so forgiving, anyone can drive fast. skilled drivers can extract that extra bit for speed, but it doesn't make the experience any less fun

these cars' performance envelope is so forgiving, anyone can drive fast. skilled drivers can extract that extra bit for speed, but it doesn't make the experience any less fun

Driving in a straight line with LC and automatic shifting is one thing, but pulling 2Gs in corners and lapping sub 7 minutes on the Nring are things that 99% of P1, 918, or ThethetheFerrari owners won't (and can't) do.

Have you driven any of them?

I've driven the 918. No the average driver isn't pulling 2G. But within your own limits, it feels fast. Way faster than any Aventador, MP4-12C, etc

Are the 918's in customer's hands already? Where did you have the chance to drive it?

Drove the car in Leipzig. Sounds really really good. Not that I'm focusing that much on the sound when I'm going towards a corner at insane speed (didn't dare to look down) and trying to judge braking point. Brake feel was kinda iffy. Good stopping power, but poor transition between regen braking and physical braking.

Drove the car in Leipzig. Sounds really really good. Not that I'm focusing that much on the sound when I'm going towards a corner at insane speed (didn't dare to look down) and trying to judge braking point. Brake feel was kinda iffy. Good stopping power, but poor transition between regen braking and physical braking.

Strikingly similar comments to a review I saw on youtube. :icon_mrgreen:

If I am not mistaken, didn't you tell us that you haven't owned exotics yet? Its very interesting (suspicious) that someone who has never owned an exotic would get to test drive one of the rarest and most expensive cars that hasn't even been released yet.

I suggest that he must provide proof or be banned. All those in favor say "aye."

Strikingly similar comments to a review I saw on youtube. :icon_mrgreen:

If I am not mistaken, didn't you tell us that you haven't owned exotics yet? Its very interesting (suspicious) that someone who has never owned an exotic would get to test drive one of the rarest and most expensive cars that hasn't even been released yet.

I suggest that he must provide proof or be banned. All those in favor say "aye."

Aye