Engine bay heat management?

randomlambo

I'm in the process of restoring a LP400S Countach. As such I'm looking for recommendations in terms of heat management inside the engine bay.

What have you guys done, and what is recommended?

I was thinking wrapping some of the parts close to the engine in a heat-wrap blanket type material. Any other suggestions?

Thank you...

There is some good adhesive backed heat reflective material on the market which does a good job of keeping the heat away. I think Www.countach.ch has a section on it.

What year / car is it? I have 1121240 of 1980, it is nice to hear about siblings. I also have had no heat issues with mine and it is a stock as can be.

Here are two basic ways to lower temps:

gold heat tape would be good to keep heat from affecting parts of the engine bay

thermal coating on the exhaust manifolds will keep temps down

i am at my 2nd LP400S and never had a issue with heat in the engine bay

the only thing i would do is put ceramic coat or bend on the headers and have a sport exhaust to reduce the heath produced by exhaust sistem

just get rid of any catalytic converter (if installed). Install 25th radiator fans. Open and clean the water radiators.

ciao

Heat is a real problem with the early 5000QV's. This top down view of mine really shows why. There are only those 2 little "stove top" vents in the top letting all that heat out!!! About 15-20 cars after mine, they switched to the open 3 vent model engine deck lid.

Top.jpg

Heat is a real problem with the early 5000QV's. This top down view of mine really shows why. There are only those 2 little "stove top" vents in the top letting all that heat out!!! About 15-20 cars after mine, they switched to the open 3 vent model engine deck lid.

I think you could easily convert that to a later style decklid. All you need is the vents.