Adding some bling

rhyno

My Diablo is all done!!! It took all winter to get her just perfect but I'm so happy I did. I took her for a nice spirited drive today and I had the biggest smile on my face. The Diablo is a really amazing car that is so much easier to drive then the Countach but is also so much more rewarding then a Gallardo! I think it is the best mix of old and new for a Lamborghini. Here is the list of things I had done:

Custom floor mats by ExotiCARe

Added Murci 670SV wheels

Clear marker lights

Installed new window lift module/ECU so drivers window would work

Diff fluid changed

Cooling system flushed and replaced all coolant hoses (11 different parts)

Power steering fluid flush

Changed tranny fluid

Drivers door cable broke and was replaced with new cable

Replaced both front wheel bearings and hub assembly

New waterpump

New thermostat

New sway bar bushings and links

New hood/trunk/door struts

Install new hazard warning flasher switch

New drive belt

New diablo VT, Roadster and front emblem badges

New HVAC control panel

Rebuilt shocks by Jeff Lablonde

New sound system with flip out deck and backup camera

Repainted front end, engine deck lid and rear bumper

New prop shaft seal

Fixed a couple engine leaks

New 12V port

Powder coat rear grills

Add ctek charger

New pedal covers and repainted gas pedal

Steering wheel horns didn't work, it's hard to fix the buttons as the leather is old and brittle. New wheels are very hard to find so I had buttons added to the back of the steering wheel to use my horn. I also changed the horns to Italian sounding ones, so much better!

I had the interior fully detail and the center console repainted

I also added Fabspeed exhaust that sounds and looks great but I'm extremely dissatisfied with the company! The exhaust was not even close to fitting, it had to be completely cut into pieces and re welded back together to get it to fit properly. The welder could not believe that they would sell a product that would fit so bad. The company that did the install and repairs has had many conversations with Fabspeed and they have said they will pay for the welding repairs but it has been months since the exhaust was installed and no reimbursement from Fabspeed. I have to say that I will NEVER deal with this company again and I'm the one that had to pay for the welding/repairs! I had an issue with Larini exhaust on my LP560 and they stepped up and fixed the problem, Larini is a great company to deal with and Fabspeed is.........

Fabspeed can make it right if they want to but I'm not holding my breath

This has been a great experience and the difference in the car is night and day. If anybody has lusted over a Diablo and is sitting on the fence about buying one, I can say BUY IT NOW!!!

And a few pics......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Diablo is all done!!! It took all winter to get her just perfect but I'm so happy I did. I took her for a nice spirited drive today and I had the biggest smile on my face. The Diablo is a really amazing car that is so much easier to drive then the Countach but is also so much more rewarding then a Gallardo! I think it is the best mix of old and new for a Lamborghini. Here is the list of things I had done:

Custom floor mats by ExotiCARe

Added Murci 670SV wheels

Clear marker lights

Installed new window lift module/ECU so drivers window would work

Diff fluid changed

Cooling system flushed and replaced all coolant hoses (11 different parts)

Power steering fluid flush

Changed tranny fluid

Drivers door cable broke and was replaced with new cable

Replaced both front wheel bearings and hub assembly

New waterpump

New thermostat

New sway bar bushings and links

New hood/trunk/door struts

Install new hazard warning flasher switch

New drive belt

New diablo VT, Roadster and front emblem badges

New HVAC control panel

Rebuilt shocks by Jeff Lablonde

New sound system with flip out deck and backup camera

Repainted front end, engine deck lid and rear bumper

New prop shaft seal

Fixed a couple engine leaks

New 12V port

Powder coat rear grills

Add ctek charger

New pedal covers and repainted gas pedal

Steering wheel horns didn't work, it's hard to fix the buttons as the leather is old and brittle. New wheels are very hard to find so I had buttons added to the back of the steering wheel to use my horn. I also changed the horns to Italian sounding ones, so much better!

I had the interior fully detail and the center console repainted

I also added Fabspeed exhaust that sounds and looks great but I'm extremely dissatisfied with the company! The exhaust was not even close to fitting, it had to be completely cut into pieces and re welded back together to get it to fit properly. The welder could not believe that they would sell a product that would fit so bad. The company that did the install and repairs has had many conversations with Fabspeed and they have said they will pay for the welding repairs but it has been months since the exhaust was installed and no reimbursement from Fabspeed. I have to say that I will NEVER deal with this company again and I'm the one that had to pay for the welding/repairs! I had an issue with Larini exhaust on my LP560 and they stepped up and fixed the problem, Larini is a great company to deal with and Fabspeed is.........

This has been a great experience and the difference in the car is night and day. If anybody has lusted over a Diablo and is sitting on the fence about buying one, I can say BUY IT NOW!!!

And a few pics......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am curious - What kind of engine leaks did you fix ?? My 1996 Diablo leaks a litlte oil ??

001.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

Sss620, your diablo looks sick! Great color combo and love the updated wheels. The engine leaks were just minor but I do notice I have some oil on the garage floor so I will have to get it looked at. All older Lambos will leak a bit.

I am willing to bet money they sent you a murcielago exhaust, not the Diablo.. They sent me a diablo for my murci and it was a mess. I finally told them to make sure it was a Murci set and they screwed up.. Once they sent me the one for a Murci it worked great. Sorry to hear. They have done this to more than 1 person on this forum. Sound is awesome, but they need to straighten some shit up clearly.

Fabspeed told my shop there is only one exhaust and it's the same for both the Murci and Diablo. The shitty thing is I'm out the money for the welding and time to fix it and they have said ZERO ZIP NADA to me!!! I have owned lots of exotics over the years and this is the WORST exhaust experience I have had!!

Fabspeed told my shop there is only one exhaust and it's the same for both the Murci and Diablo. The shitty thing is I'm out the money for the welding and time to fix it and they have said ZERO ZIP NADA to me!!! I have owned lots of exotics over the years and this is the WORST exhaust experience I have had!!

I too had significant problems with my Fabspeed exhaust when it arrived. Did not fit in the muffler area and tips weren't anywhere close to the right angle. Drove the car all the way up to PA to leave it so they could fix it. They did cover me for a rental car there and back but not gas for the round trip. Definitely could have been a better experience.

They either have 2 different pipes or patterns. Because they sent me a whole new xpipe. I had both of the x pipes side by side to figure out the difference. The pipes that connect to the primary cats were completely different on both of the x pipes. 1 was a wider set up and the other a more narrow setup and not quite as long.. The more narrow setup was for the diablo, and the wider setup that they sent me the second time fit almost perfect for the murcielago. However I can't verify that the "wrong" pipe they sent me would have fit to a diablo being I didn't have a diablo there to test.

Either way, I hope David at Fabspeed is watching thread.

I love the fabspeed, the sound is phenomenal, but if they keep sending product like this, I think we post a sticky about how the fitment issues are not worth the hassle of ordering their exhaust. Bullshit problem to deal with when it should just bolt right up.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person that has had issues with Fabspeeds exhaust not fitting right. I picked the product because I loved the look of the two big pipes out the back and the sound is just amazing! The other reason was the price point was more attractive then the other big brands, this did not matter after I had to pay for the cutting, welding and time wasted putting the exaust in and out of the car. The company that did my install was MotorWerke in Kelowna BC and they have had MANY phone calls and emails back and forth with Fabspeed and they agreed to reimburse with receipts from MotorWerke, they have provided the recipes and months later I still don't have a refund. That is not how a standup company does business and that is not how you keep a good name or get repet business.

Black Countach??? Lol I have bought a car sight unseen and it should be done in a month :)

I just assumed since its an 88 that its a countach! And i thought there was a black one at one of the canada dealers you spoke of recently!

That car is spectacular looking. And man i forgot all baout the Jalpa! I know you used to have an LM as well, i just guessed Countach as you mentioned one a while back. Just love your diablo.

So you found another countash, Congrats, Look forward to seeing a few pics. Kind of interesting i have never seen a countash on the street but last wed i was heading to the grey eagle car show and there was a black 88 countash stuck in traffic with me on Glenmore tr. I felt bad as lambos dont belong stuck in traffic. Any ways he made it to the show and got way more attention than any of the other cars. By the way the Diablo looks awsome just needs a wing.

I think she looks great with no wing :)

post-1321-1402377513_thumb.jpg

the diablo roadster looks WAY better wingless imo

i found a wing for mine but passed on it....too nice without

looks much nicer and wider

I have always felt the roadsters looks worse then any other diablo without the wing (the turtle back for the roof dip just throws all the lines off for me) but for some reason i just cant fault you for going wingless on this!