Adding some bling

rhyno

Any Diablo with front end lift will have issues with leaky shocks. The front end lift utilizes hydraulic pressure from the power steering pump to extend the front shocks up. Make sure your power steering fluid is always topped up and the fluid should be replaced once a year to make sure contaminants stay out of the system.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN.

DAMN.

SERIOUSLY DAMN!

Your roadster looks RIDICULOUSLY good with those SV wheels!!! Nice addition. I too am a HUGE wing guy but I kinda like the roadster wingless. I vote to leave it as it is!

Thanks Hannibal!

I really like the updated look of the SV wheels on the Diablo. It is also way easier to find tires and the rims are much lighter then the original factory wheels. I agree with you and will leave the roadster wingless!

Thanks Hannibal!

I really like the updated look of the SV wheels on the Diablo. It is also way easier to find tires and the rims are much lighter then the original factory wheels. I agree with you and will leave the roadster wingless!

:icon_thumleft: I will throw this out there...have you thought about doing the Euro conversion to the rear end? Would look killer!!!

Any Diablo with front end lift will have issues with leaky shocks. The front end lift utilizes hydraulic pressure from the power steering pump to extend the front shocks up. Make sure your power steering fluid is always topped up and the fluid should be replaced once a year to make sure contaminants stay out of the system.

Thanks! I didn't know they were tied into the power steering pump. I have an aftermarket front lift system on my 91 that uses compressed air. That is probably my favorite diablo roadster!

:icon_thumleft: I will throw this out there...have you thought about doing the Euro conversion to the rear end? Would look killer!!!

I'm not sure what the euro conversion looks like, anybody have a picture?

Thanks! I didn't know they were tied into the power steering pump. I have an aftermarket front lift system on my 91 that uses compressed air. That is probably my favorite diablo roadster!

Your aftermarket system is probably more effective maintenanceence free system then the standard front end lift system! Thanks for the complement

I don't mind the picture of the white diablo with no rear bumper and no rear triangle pieces! With a dark colored car you won't really notice it as much.

• 1 month later...

Howdy! That's a lovely Roadster.

A few questions if you don't mind sharing?

Where can we get the white clear front signal covers & if you have the contact for Jeff?

Are the SV wheels direct fit using stock bolts or longer ones?

I just realised that the front right shock of my '00 SV has sinked 1" lower but it's the non-lifter type & will probably want to change the bushes while they're getting refreshed.

I also had the Fabspeed exhaust & ceramic coated but it was too loud for my taste so took it off & fitted another set so would pass it along to anyone who wants it for cheap.

Damn you have good taste #nohomo

Here is a good picture of the wheels from the side. I love driving this roadster!

post-1321-1380941492_thumb.jpg

You might want to install either Philips Silver Vision or Osram Diadem blinkers to avoid that orange haze from bulb. :)

• 2 weeks later...