Adding some bling

rhyno

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The roadster is off to the body shop to get the front end repainted to get rid of 15 years of rock chips. After that I will get the car 3M'd. The street sweepers are out cleaning up the streets so that means that spring is here!!!!!!!

Holy Molly you've been a busy boy ;)

I have Fabspeed exhaust on my Roadster, well you heard the sound it is very aggressive when you hammer it, and great tones at about 2700 rpm.

Read your post on the lift system, I had all 6 of mine done by the same shop, upgraded parts etc.. unfortunately 2 yrs later leak front system again :(. I think it's just a bad design from get go. The pressure that thing generates is intense, they just can't handle it.

Glad to hear you're lovin the Roadster, it is by far (imo) the most insane looking car Lambo ever built, well besides the Aventador Roadster :wub: putting that one in my cross hairs one day.

• 1 month later...

I had new ducting for the brakes and new sway bar bushing installed. The list is getting shorter and should be ready for the road soon!

image.jpg

image.jpg

The car looks great. Thanks for posting the pics. The weather is finally getting good enough to enjoy the Roadsters!

Dual center mounted exhaust looks amazing ... and those SV wheels are the icing on the cake ... this is a stunningly beautiful Diablo Roadster ... for me personally I would convert it to MY1999 fixed headlights, but that's just me ... in the end it might be better to keep the lights 'factory original' but I love the MY1999 front.

I had new ducting for the brakes and new sway bar bushing installed. The list is getting shorter and should be ready for the road soon!

Awhile ago, I was detailing the wheel wells in my car. First, the left side was a mess. I got into the right side and noticed it was noticeably cleaner. Then I saw that the ducting in the [cleaner] right side was cracked wide open in two places. Hmmmm. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

My Diablo is all done!!! It took all winter to get her just perfect but I'm so happy I did. I took her for a nice spirited drive today and I had the biggest smile on my face. The Diablo is a really amazing car that is so much easier to drive then the Countach but is also so much more rewarding then a Gallardo! I think it is the best mix of old and new for a Lamborghini. Here is the list of things I had done:

Custom floor mats by ExotiCARe

Added Murci 670SV wheels

Clear marker lights

Installed new window lift module/ECU so drivers window would work

Diff fluid changed

Cooling system flushed and replaced all coolant hoses (11 different parts)

Power steering fluid flush

Changed tranny fluid

Drivers door cable broke and was replaced with new cable

Replaced both front wheel bearings and hub assembly

New waterpump

New thermostat

New sway bar bushings and links

New hood/trunk/door struts

Install new hazard warning flasher switch

New drive belt

New diablo VT, Roadster and front emblem badges

New HVAC control panel

Rebuilt shocks by Jeff Lablonde

New sound system with flip out deck and backup camera

Repainted front end, engine deck lid and rear bumper

New prop shaft seal

Fixed a couple engine leaks

New 12V port

Powder coat rear grills

Add ctek charger

New pedal covers and repainted gas pedal

Steering wheel horns didn't work, it's hard to fix the buttons as the leather is old and brittle. New wheels are very hard to find so I had buttons added to the back of the steering wheel to use my horn. I also changed the horns to Italian sounding ones, so much better!

I had the interior fully detail and the center console repainted

I also added Fabspeed exhaust that sounds and looks great but I'm extremely dissatisfied with the company! The exhaust was not even close to fitting, it had to be completely cut into pieces and re welded back together to get it to fit properly. The welder could not believe that they would sell a product that would fit so bad. The company that did the install and repairs has had many conversations with Fabspeed and they have said they will pay for the welding repairs but it has been months since the exhaust was installed and no reimbursement from Fabspeed. I have to say that I will NEVER deal with this company again and I'm the one that had to pay for the welding/repairs! I had an issue with Larini exhaust on my LP560 and they stepped up and fixed the problem, Larini is a great company to deal with and Fabspeed is.........

Fabspeed can make it right if they want to but I'm not holding my breath

This has been a great experience and the difference in the car is night and day. If anybody has lusted over a Diablo and is sitting on the fence about buying one, I can say BUY IT NOW!!!

And a few pics......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks guys!!!! She is so much fun to drive :)

I'm pretty happy with no wing also and thats coming from a guy that loves big wings!!!