Range Rover takes on Biker Gang...

FikseSTS

Real life is not grand theft auto 5, you're not going to magically run them all over. You're 1 person in a car vs 10-20 bikers. I'd be on the phone ringing up the cops doing what I can to get to a police station, find an officer, and do as much as possible to de-escalate the situation. In this case, we don't have any footage of what happened before this. For all we know, the bikers were harassing the RR. It could have been the other way around.

You can speculate all you want about what you would do in the situation, but it's 1 person vs a mob of people.

So you back up and ram them, then drive forward some, then back up again, then forward, then reverse, to fight through if necessary. I know real-life is no Grand Theft Auto but I know I sure as hell wouldn't just sit there waiting to be attacked. Getting on the phone is no good if you and/or your wife and child get maimed and/or killed. And yes, if the driver was at fault, that's one thing, but I highly doubt a man with a wife and child is going to start trouble with a group of multiple dozens of bikers.

What could you possibly do to de-escalate the situation? It's obvious they wanted trouble. I'd have had the wife on the phone sure, but otherwise, kept doing what I could to keep them safe.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually learned this from a biker gang documentary, clawed hammer, axe, etc.=assault with a deadly weapon and possibly attempted murder charges, ball peen hammer=go apeshit without worrying about a felony. Favorite weapon of the Mongols.

Yes, when it comes to self-defense, my understanding is that the law will always look at it as did you use the absolute minimum amount of force required to defend yourself. So you want to use something legal to have in the first place, and only as required. Trying to actively attack the bikers I would not, but I would let them know any of them comes at me and they are getting it.

I saw something similar recently although not as crazy. Im sitting at the intersection of a 4 way stoplight, and all of a sudden i hear a BAM-Car accident. The minivan turning left in the lane next to me hits a jeep cherokee coming out of a CVS pharmacy. 2 young kinds about 21 years old get out and literally start pounding the fcuk out of the minivan jumping on the hood breaking the windshield, breaking the side window. Guy is in the car with his wife, and maybe his kids-didnt see that far into it.

I was looking at this as i was driving through the intersection as the light turned green thinking to myself-if my wife and daughter are in the car-im driving over both of the fuckers-if they break my window to try and get in-and I have no other option to protect my family-will gladly kill them.

Now this situation is a little different, but-maybe put it in 2wd and pull donuts until you run over all of those fcuking idiots if your stuck at a light-ANYTHING to protect your family

I actually learned this from a biker gang documentary, clawed hammer, axe, etc.=assault with a deadly weapon and possibly attempted murder charges, ball peen hammer=go apeshit without worrying about a felony. Favorite weapon of the Mongols.

I thought they had a padlock tied to a bandanna on them most times?

If Obama had a motorcycle...

LOL. If Obama had a Motorcycle.. he'd buy it broken with the promise of fixing it. It'd sit and he'd spend money on everything else, and when someone else wants to buy it, he blames the previous owner, and keeps making promises of fixing. When finally his wife says it's time to do something about it, he'll blame his buddy, a "conservative" over it, and then no one works.. Government shut down.. at least that's how I see it. Not to mention him asking for gas from everyone to help fix it, and than giving that said gas to his even more broke friend in Egypt.. not to mention he just rode past his 4 buddies while in Benghazi. didn't even call in a tow. or ambulance to help. Worst riding buddy ever!

mow down every last one until you are safe. bikers are fags. they harass, act recklessly, and then when they get called out on their bullshit, they fight.

What the hell are you gonna do? Reverse into another biker and piss off all of them instead of just the violent ones? Back over one and kill them and then you end up on trial for murder instead of inciting road rage.

If my wife and kid are in the car, I would call that self defense and defense of other and wouldn't hesitate one bit to run over any of these pieces of shit to get to safety. Each and ever one of these snot lickers needs to be prosecuted and the assholes that need laid their hands on the guy need to be charged with attempted murder.

What could you possibly do to de-escalate the situation? It's obvious they wanted trouble. I'd have had the wife on the phone sure, but otherwise, kept doing what I could to keep them safe.

Call the cops, stay on the phone, keep on the freeway, stay out of heavy traffic so you can keep moving. Don't stop. When they show up, let them handle it and do whatever you need to do. If shit is still bad at that point, shit is still bad but I would rather increase the number of people assisting me against a mob of 10-20 people than just myself. I can't imagine all of the bikers were wanting to cause trouble, when they stopped only a handful were causing a ruckus. One or two officers and I'm sure most would scatter, or just bitch and play tough with the cops there. I'd rather have that than be stuck at a dead stop in city traffic. The guy was on the freeway and could have stayed on the freeway. Once that guy got into traffic and they surrounded the guy there wasn't much they could do.

I would almost lay odds that the brake check was probably them trying to slow or stop the guy prior to something else happening, it's possible they were having issues with the guy before everything on camera went down. Again, that's all speculation, we weren't there so we don't know. People love editing and tossing stuff up on the internet to make it look in their favor without the events prior. So we're just seeing one part. I still think the bikers were acting like idiots.

If my wife and kid are in the car, I would call that self defense and defense of other and wouldn't hesitate one bit to run over any of these pieces of shit to get to safety. Each and ever one of these snot lickers needs to be prosecuted and the assholes that need laid their hands on the guy need to be charged with attempted murder.

I can understand that. But I'd rather keep moving than stop. Makes more sense to stay on the freeway than get stuck in traffic. Bikes can keep up on the freeway or highway, but once you get stuck in traffic, they've got a lot more room to move than you do in a vehicle. Most bikes have got a 3-4 gallon tank (if you're lucky) and make it 100-150 miles on a tank (most bikes I've ridden anyway, especially sportbikes). It's easier for you to multitask in a vehicle than it is for a rider to multitask.

Probably your best bet is to not put yourself in the situation in the first place. I'm not going to ponder about what I'd do if I was surrounded by a group of 20 bikers because I'm not going to rage at people on the road. Likewise, I'm not going to ride with a bunch of idiots who would pull that kind of shit. I can't imagine that both sides are innocent in this case. I can't imagine they just randomly decided to brake check the Range Rover. At the same time, I can't imagine the Range Rover would get pissed at them unless they were being assholes.

Would I do drastic things to protect my family? Yeah. Who wouldn't? But at the same time, I'd rather be realistic and keep moving while phoning the police than try to outrun them (which is what apparently tried to happen). I know riders that carry as well, so I wouldn't want to put myself in a situation where if a gun was pulled it was 1 gun vs 3 or 4 or 5 or more with a mob of 10-20 people around. There are very few vehicles that can outrun a motorcycle on the highway or in traffic. You're bigger than them, slower than them and you don't fit nearly as many places. That said, you have more mass than them, but still. From the news it sounds like the RR got put in the hospital.

I agree, some people need to get charged, it's a ridiculous situation that could have been 100% avoided with etiquette, common sense, courtesy and good planning. That goes for both sides really.

I have yet to see group rides that have got off with a good reputation long term. There's always someone who wants to cause issues, show off, be stupid or otherwise. There will always be someone in a large group who shows up that no one knows and no one can predict their behavior and thus causes unpredictable situations. This comes off to me as one of them. I'm sure stuff like this has happened plenty more times than this. This just happens to be one of the times someone has a helmet camera and documents it.

I am a rider myself. And even if a car driver is in the wrong I am not going to fcuk with them. And I also rarely if ever ride in large groups, maybe 20 tops. The motorcycle is never going to win. Even if you are in the right, its not worth proving you are in the right just to get ran over. When cars fcuk up I either give them space or speed up around them. Its not worth starting shit with them. EVER. Who the fcuk brake checks a car, a sport bike always out brakes a car when they ram the fcuk into you, you are down, maybe ran over. And either dead or in serious condition. fcuk that. There are so many douche bag riders out there.

I side with the RR driver here.

I am a rider myself. And even if a car driver is in the wrong I am not going to fcuk with them. And I also rarely if ever ride in large groups, maybe 20 tops. The motorcycle is never going to win. Even if you are in the right, its not worth proving you are in the right just to get ran over. When cars fcuk up I either give them space or speed up around them. Its not worth starting shit with them. EVER. Who the fcuk brake checks a car, a sport bike always out brakes a car when they ram the fcuk into you, you are down, maybe ran over. And either dead or in serious condition. fcuk that. There are so many douche bag riders out there.

I side with the RR driver here.

Agreed. I've had enough friends die from just riding as it is. I can't imagine wanting to pick a fight with a 2 ton steel cage on 4 wheels..... in motion... at all. Sometimes you just have to let shit go.

Call the cops, stay on the phone, keep on the freeway, stay out of heavy traffic so you can keep moving. Don't stop. When they show up, let them handle it and do whatever you need to do. If shit is still bad at that point, shit is still bad but I would rather increase the number of people assisting me against a mob of 10-20 people than just myself. I can't imagine all of the bikers were wanting to cause trouble, when they stopped only a handful were causing a ruckus. One or two officers and I'm sure most would scatter, or just bitch and play tough with the cops there. I'd rather have that than be stuck at a dead stop in city traffic. The guy was on the freeway and could have stayed on the freeway. Once that guy got into traffic and they surrounded the guy there wasn't much they could do.

I would almost lay odds that the brake check was probably them trying to slow or stop the guy prior to something else happening, it's possible they were having issues with the guy before everything on camera went down. Again, that's all speculation, we weren't there so we don't know. People love editing and tossing stuff up on the internet to make it look in their favor without the events prior. So we're just seeing one part. I still think the bikers were acting like idiots.

Yes, if you can stay out of heavy traffic, do that, but the guy might have not been thinking clearly, and figured it would be better to get off the freeway. If you make a mistake, and get trapped as he did, then reverse. Don't just sit there and get attacked.

Agreed. I've had enough friends die from just riding as it is. I can't imagine wanting to pick a fight with a 2 ton steel cage on 4 wheels..... in motion... at all. Sometimes you just have to let shit go.

None of them probably would, alone. But they were in a huge group, and since they are probably a bunch of wuss-boy pansies, and their target ran away, they decided to chase after them, 'cause what's he gonna do to them, since they're a big, bad gang? Only exception is if the driver was harassing them IMO.

I feel bad for the family. What a scene. That's insane.

To add insult to injury, you would think at least ONE of the bikers would be a decent person and try to break it up. And not one of them appears to do anything but sit and watch. There is a guy over on viperalley going on and on about how the SUV driver is responsible for the whole thing. Sickening.

For anyone that thinks the driver should have avoided hitting the bike who brake checked him, the ONLY thing that would lead to is the dumbass biker thinking he can get away with that and doing it again in the future. Hitting him was the best thing for everyone! Hopefully they find out all involved!

We had one guy on audizine trying to defend the bikers. Needless to say he looked like a jackass and was put in his place. Anyone defending the bikers is a total moron. Those bikes were within inches of the driver on all 4 sides when that dumb shit brake checked him. He deserved to get run down. Too bad social darwinism didnt finish the job....

To add insult to injury, you would think at least ONE of the bikers would be a decent person and try to break it up. And not one of them appears to do anything but sit and watch. There is a guy over on viperalley going on and on about how the SUV driver is responsible for the whole thing. Sickening.

For anyone that thinks the driver should have avoided hitting the bike who brake checked him, the ONLY thing that would lead to is the dumbass biker thinking he can get away with that and doing it again in the future. Hitting him was the best thing for everyone! Hopefully they find out all involved!

I'm surprised as well. Just goes to show what a mob mentality can do. It's like a pack of coyotes or wolves.

It's pretty easy to see that the whole point behind these guys riding together is to create some anarchy... End of story.

To those wondering why he got off the freeway, the biker dudes slashed his tires and he had to exit. Plus you'll notice in the video, about 1/2 way through, the bikers seem to "heard" him off the freeway by lining up off the side of the highway and shutting off access to get off the ramp...again, the SUV could have simply run them all over, but I imagine the driver is freaking out and likely not thinking clearly. Although once someone pulled out a sharp object and started to slash my tires, all bets are off. Sure, we know that the video footage can be edited to make one side look better than the other, but the video came from a biker dude, and its probably no surprise why it didn't start out at the events leading up to the initial brake check, nor why it didn't continue after they pulled the dude from the car.