Free JRZ coilovers

Fabspeed_Motorsport

Ok so this what I gathered:

They did literally nothing according to the paper got the corner balance, lmao. It was literally perfect when you added the stimulated driver! Sif that is the use, then David's installers did excellent and sweet setup!!!

Your UGR TT car is over 100lbs heavier than mine...we need to get you some seats btw to save you some weight. Almost no one else with a UGR car has weighed their car so this is very good data to get and shows your car is very fast!

I'm checking alignment settings now....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alignment looks good.

I have a little less camber in the front and in the rear down to -1.1 and -1.2. I have a little More caster and the toe is about the same. Very close overall

Your 50/50 cross weight balance with you in the car like mine is. The car will handle very good!

*****if you need more traction, you can go more positive in the rear which I would recommend after testing it. *****

Alignment looks good.

I have a little less camber in the front and in the rear down to -1.1 and -1.2. I have a little More caster and the toe is about the same. Very close overall

Your 50/50 cross weight balance with you in the car like mine is. The car will handle very good!

*****if you need more traction, you can go more positive in the rear which I would recommend after testing it. *****

I got to revisit this thread after Kevin has mine installed lol. Bookmarked. Solid info here!

Thanks, Nick. Seems like it is looking pretty good overall.

PCJR is going to drive my car tomorrow. He is driving his car (570) there. So it will be nice to have a back to back comparison.

Final thoughts to come tomorrow. :icon_thumleft:

SKMBT_C22013110115310-2_zps72e5719b.jpg

iijKap9vl2Pb4.jpg

Hi David,

great suspension set up information. Love this forum.

cheers,

john

That would be Icing on the cake !! :icon_mrgreen:

Did someone say cake? :lol2:

Fadi - I've followed this with interest. Looks perfect! Congrats on getting exactly what you want!

One question - in the photos showing the lowered car it looks like those front tires will rub the wheel well with anything more than a little steering input. Is that an illusion? They seem to more than fill the wheel wells. Wondering if that was an issue.

P.S. - The balloon white looks great with silver or titanium or black finish wheels. You can't go wrong. Mine had silver and I switched to Titanium finish (gunmetal gray) for easier maintenance and a more aggressive look. The silver visually elongates the car, the dark wheels make it look more "squat" and aggressive (and slightly shorter) because they visually break the car into three sections. Whatever you decide will look great!

Looking forward to hearing how you like the changes!

Silver Apollos versus Titanium Callisto:

lp560.JPG

PA250228.JPG

Hi Carol,

I don't think there are any issues with rubbing. Pete and David have driven the car and neither mentioned anything about rubbing. I will most certainly ask David to turn the wheel to the max both ways and double check though. Thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding wheels, I like the Silver look for now. I have always been a fan of Black but for some odd reason I am starting to like the classy look. Must be my age, lol.

There are still a few things left that need to be checked. Hopefully the car is wrapped up and on a truck by mid next week.

Sorry for the delay guys and gals!

I drove Fadi's car for about 45 minutes on Saturday. The ride height looks perfect and there are no rubbing issues at all.

I immediately noticed how much softer the ride feels but it does not float around at all. Absorbs bumps nicely while remaining flat while cornering.

David had them set fairly soft for Fadi's old ass! If it where me, I'd firm them up a bit and that's the beauty of the product. Simple and easy adjustability within minutes.

After the first drive, David and I jumped into my car for a back to back comparison. I think we moved about 20 feet while exiting their lot and we looked at each other and laughed at how much firmer my car felt in comparison, truly a night and day difference! Obviously the seats are a portion of the difference here but also the direct bump impact was much more apparent in my car.

For areas with less than glass smooth roads I can easily say this is a no brainer of an upgrade plus the improved visual enhancement of the car being lowered for me is worth the cost alone!

David's team at Fabspeed also did an excellent job with the installation. The hardware used looked top notch and right in line with the UGR work right next to theirs.

Hope this helps guys. Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions!!

Hey Fadi - picture proves my car is faster :icon_butt:

Thanks for the write up, Pete! It seems like mission has been accomplished. If I feel it is too soft, I will be sure to stiffen it up a tad, but I doubt it. :icon_mrgreen:

Can't wait to drive it and feel the difference. :icon_thumleft:

How do you make the adjustments? Is it simply turing a large nut a few clicks on each shock? For example if I wanted to go from a soft street set up to a track setting? How much is the install roughly?

How do you make the adjustments? Is it simply turing a large nut a few clicks on each shock? For example if I wanted to go from a soft street set up to a track setting? How much is the install roughly?

Changing the compression is as simple as clicking the large knob on top of the reservoirs.

Changing the compression is as simple as clicking the large knob on top of the reservoirs.

Hi David,

sounds a little easier than changing compression on the KW3's!

cheers,

john