Free JRZ coilovers

Fabspeed_Motorsport

This pic doesn't help me make up my mind regarding wheel color choice, lol. Both look great, really. I almost want to say I like the Silver look more than the Black, which is very unusual for me.

Brushed gunmetal would be a good choice.

Weather blows here right now and for the next few days:(

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey David. Just following up. Seeing how the progress was going. Really curious to see the benefit of these things with weight and overall performance.

I saw that video of you on youtube in Kisco's car doing that Launch Control. Freaking sweet man!!!

Just kidding.

Hey David. Just following up. Seeing how the progress was going. Really curious to see the benefit of these things with weight and overall performance.

I saw that video of you on youtube in Kisco's car doing that Launch Control. Freaking sweet man!!!

Just kidding.

Progress is slow.. Fadi got me the car basically the day after we talked and i wasnt expecting it quite that fast haha. I'ts on the lift now! As for me launching it... no thank you! that car is scary enough easing into it.

David just updated me with weight savings.

A total of 10 lbs was saved from the JRZs. Hey, not too shabby. Weight savings was just a bonus for me. It is the softer ride that I am after. :)

David just updated me with weight savings.

A total of 10 lbs was saved from the JRZs. Hey, not too shabby. Weight savings was just a bonus for me. It is the softer ride that I am after. :)

Getting soft on us...

Getting soft on us...

You'll get there, grasshopper. :)

haha, im hoping to get the rest of the job done tomorrow! will update with pictures

:icon_super:

Just do me a favor and send me a text after you drive it with the JRZs and tell me "It now rides like an R8. You are good to go" lol.

LOL I am getting old, trust me. I want a softer ride too. My head is on the ceiling in the 570 so every bump I hit my head hits the ceiling pretty good.

I can hardly see my tachometer up there in the rafters lol.

Cadillac suspension mod :icon_super:

Hey Dave

Do you think it will be drivable tomorrow?

I probably have time to stop by.

Let me know.

Hey Dave

Do you think it will be drivable tomorrow?

I probably have time to stop by.

Let me know.

I am expecting a full report from you tomorrow on how this new suspension compares to yours, Mr. Pete! Just be careful, you aren't used to this kind of POWAH.. :icon_mrgreen:

Very curios about this solution v. The SP could which seem sufficient for a non road race car. Anxiously awaiting results.

I am expecting a full report from you tomorrow on how this new suspension compares to yours, Mr. Pete! Just be careful, you aren't used to this kind of POWAH.. :icon_mrgreen:

More like POW...

:P

Ill let you know if I'm going, based on what Dave says.

Ill make sure I dial it back before launching the biatch!

Still shooting for pickup on 24th?

Ill let you know if I'm going, based on what Dave says.

Ill make sure I dial it back before launching the biatch!

Still shooting for pickup on 24th?

LOL!

P/U is on the 24th. I hope you can make it before then. :icon_thumleft:

a present for Fadi from the Netherlands :eek3dance:

1378390_10105244547761134_1891158760_n_zps4848deed.jpg

1393674_10105244547272114_2005249525_n_zps3c217dcb.jpg

Hi David,

I like the look of the ability to adjust the JRZ shocks externally from what I can see, for compression and rebound.

As a guru on these shocks, I assume different rebound and compression settings front and back for track use as opposed to street use as opposed to drag strip.

Conventional wisdom seems to be for the drag strip that rear shocks are set soft on compression to allow weight transfer to the back?

Your thoughts on settings front and rear for drag strip use as the JRZ's are going onto a real hi power TT Gallardo would be appreciated, if possible.

cheers,

john

Hi David,

I like the look of the ability to adjust the JRZ shocks externally from what I can see, for compression and rebound.

As a guru on these shocks, I assume different rebound and compression settings front and back for track use as opposed to street use as opposed to drag strip.

Conventional wisdom seems to be for the drag strip that rear shocks are set soft on compression to allow weight transfer to the back?

Your thoughts on settings front and rear for drag strip use as the JRZ's are going onto a real hi power TT Gallardo would be appreciated, if possible.

cheers,

john

you would want the rears set softer for drag racing assuming you're launching the car, in a roll race i'd think it wouldn't matter as much as there would be less "shock" on the drivetrain meaning less weight transfer to the rear, on a road course assuming the car is weight balanced you'd want the compression and rebound more neutral (ideally, in a balanced car you'd want the suspension in the "50%" range, meaning you're at 50% compression and 50% rebound at all times, same would apply for the street).

Pete,

New pick-up date is Friday, November 1st.

i appreciate the time extension! I really did want it done for you this week. Pete, i will let you know when it is 100% done and aligned so you can give a good comparison.

Excited to hear how you like these and I think your going to run around a 10k/12k setup.

I want a ride your car KISCO one of these days. I'm running 12k front and 14k rear but I also have a much wider track width with 9.5 front wheels and 13 rear wheels.

From my understanding, besides the weight of the actual car, the tire width of the wheel as it moves OUTWARDS actually will put more load on the suspension than compared to a more narrow stock tire width. I know its really rocket science factoring in that kind of stuff honestly.

Plus the LP cars run a stiffer suspension setup out of the gate because of the relocation of the sway bar and extra suspension arm in the rear.

i appreciate the time extension! I really did want it done for you this week. Pete, i will let you know when it is 100% done and aligned so you can give a good comparison.

No problem, David. As long as this car comes back to me softer than when it left, I am a happy camper. :)

Excited to hear how you like these and I think your going to run around a 10k/12k setup.

I want a ride your car KISCO one of these days. I'm running 12k front and 14k rear but I also have a much wider track width with 9.5 front wheels and 13 rear wheels.

From my understanding, besides the weight of the actual car, the tire width of the wheel as it moves OUTWARDS actually will put more load on the suspension than compared to a more narrow stock tire width. I know its really rocket science factoring in that kind of stuff honestly.

Plus the LP cars run a stiffer suspension setup out of the gate because of the relocation of the sway bar and extra suspension arm in the rear.

Anytime, brother. :icon_thumleft:

Pete,

New pick-up date is Friday, November 1st.

Ok thanks for the update!

Dave get that car ready for Saturday night grudge match racing :icon_mrgreen:

Ok thanks for the update!

Dave get that car ready for Saturday night grudge match racing :icon_mrgreen:

ill meet you at ATCO :eusa_dance:

Hey Fadi

It's going to fun as hell beating the crap out of your car bud!!!!

HAHA!! 150 mph on pump or GTFO!!! :icon_mrgreen: