TX2K14

Kisco

Isn't duhawks the guy who (sorry to bring this up) wrecked his R8 V10TT like the morning after he got it? I thought that's what sent him down this SL TT route the begin with. I think you advice is EXCELLENT either way!

My apologies if I got the names confused.

Mike hasn't driven his GTR much either. That's what is funny.

Yeah that was my r8. 25 degrees, sleet, pss tires, rear wheel drive and no traction control a bad idea lol.

No doubt I will need some seat time. I'll have a good 2 full days at TWS to practice in a safe environment. Best thing is I can change the power setting.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got about 7k miles of seat time in a month with my old setup on the 570. Road course, drag strip, half mile, and street. A very hard 7k miles.

That was around 750 wheel.

I forgot you drove yours a lot. I feel better now.

Buddy sent me a pic today of a wrecked lp560! I asked him what happened, said he switched it to rear wheel drive, went around corner too fast, the rest is history!

He was fine but the car was not.

I forgot you drove yours a lot. I feel better now.

Buddy sent me a pic today of a wrecked lp560! I asked him what happened, said he switched it to rear wheel drive, went around corner too fast, the rest is history!

He was fine but the car was not.

Yeah RWD is so dumb. These cars are made for awd. The chassis and everything doesn't work right in RWD. Trust me. I learned a lot and to not be an idiot. When I see these rwd conversions I just shake my head.

I won't race anyone until I'm 100% confident. I really think everyone should take their car to a half mile or something like that when they get it. It makes you really confident in the car. Hell just go to a drag strip and do roll on pulls.

Exactly right about the rwd thing. AWD has saved my ass so many times. I'm no expert driver so it helps me for sure.

Has anyone figured out how to switch between different fuels in an efficient way? It's such a pain to drive it to empty as I don't boost it when it's low.

Exactly right about the rwd thing. AWD has saved my ass so many times. I'm no expert driver so it helps me for sure.

Has anyone figured out how to switch between different fuels in an efficient way? It's such a pain to drive it to empty as I don't boost it when it's low.

Are you able to tune in the ability to run two different fuel systems? Run 93 while driving around and once the ECU detects a certain throttle position or boost level, a switch to higher octane fuel be used? I have seen it done in other platforms (there is someone who uses two different computers to control 87 while cruising and 116 when detecting a certain throttle position and boost level).

Back to lurking.

Duhawks, I think your car will be really fast coming back from UGR but you honestly need some seat time! It is crazy how fast the car is going to go and being able to control it is important. Please be careful and have Kevin show you some tricks on how to drive it properly.

Check tire pressure, oil level is between dots, fuel above where it needs to be, alignment is PERFECT, you should have a vbox in at all times for the data to review so you can learn where the car is happy.

Buy a motec USB datalogger adapter and LEARN how to read the datalogs. It will tell you about the car and you can email the data back to the mothership (UGR) for review.

You will have a sharp sword, just be careful with how you use it. Taking the fastest GT-R on the planet is certainly going to be interesting for a warmup race, lol.

:icon_thumleft:

Nick I'm glad you care buddy! I'm more worried than everyone. Trust me. I've texted 100s of times asking the same people over and over hey how's traction lol.

Best thing is the UGR community is great. It you need to know something or have a problem everyone is willing to help. It's fantastic.

Nick I'm glad you care buddy! I'm more worried than everyone. Trust me. I've texted 100s of times asking the same people over and over hey how's traction lol.

Best thing is the UGR community is great. It you need to know something or have a problem everyone is willing to help. It's fantastic.

The community is great!

Like we chatted about Dustin.. some good seat time and I think you will do great. It will all come back to you.

Creep up the boost a little at a time. :)

The community is great!

Like we chatted about Dustin.. some good seat time and I think you will do great. It will all come back to you.

Creep up the boost a little at a time. :)

Thanks Jerry! How is the beast treating you?

Yeah I am sure I will be fine. Once I get comfortable then I will change my car tag to GTRKILLA lol

Thanks Jerry! How is the beast treating you?

Yeah I am sure I will be fine. Once I get comfortable then I will change my car tag to GTRKILLA lol

Nice Tag ! haha

Beast is BaaaaaaaD !!!

Just need the weather to get a bit better and some time away from this desk so I can have some more fun !

This is true! Its a small enough group of us crazy UGR TT's out there and I think we all are similar in some ways. I'm always available to give my feedback as its a passion to go fast BUT also try to be safe, lol.

When I go out on the road, if its something serious, I'll try to give other drivers a walkie-talkie radio so we can just clip it on our shirts and buzz each other at the same time. This has been a life saver when we can't hear shit between cars because of how loud they are.

Mini-Cobra radios are like $50 for a pair of two, and work for a couple miles!

LOL, you should see my bags that I packed for Tx. I got more electronics than clothes in there I think. Radios, Vbox, GoPros, computer, OB2 reader, etc......

Nick I think you are a lot like me. We enjoy looking at the data as much as we do driving the car. I sit online and play with all kinds of calculators and etc. Huge math nerd I guess. On my last setup I data logged timing, IAT, fuel trims, AFR, and etc....

I really enjoy learning about the car as much as I enjoy racing.

Best line from Kevin, "Quit worrying about the numbers, just hit the gas and hang on. Your nuts are going to hit your ass hole when you hit the gas!"

This is true! Its a small enough group of us crazy UGR TT's out there and I think we all are similar in some ways. I'm always available to give my feedback as its a passion to go fast BUT also try to be safe, lol.

When I go out on the road, if its something serious, I'll try to give other drivers a walkie-talkie radio so we can just clip it on our shirts and buzz each other at the same time. This has been a life saver when we can't hear shit between cars because of how loud they are.

Mini-Cobra radios are like $50 for a pair of two, and work for a couple miles!

I will take care of all the TTG guys radio's, women and night club bottles...

Whats everyone doing for race gas for almost one whole week? One drum of 55 gallons might not be a bad idea but need somewhere to store it...

Oh and I hope this doesn't scare any GTRs or muscle cars off.... lol

IMG_2557_zpsf5c37792.jpg

^^LOL, awesome!

This whole gas thing has been a PITA. Where to store it, how much of it we need, access to it at will, etc. I don't know but I wish we had answers, lol.

Whats everyone doing for race gas for almost one whole week? One drum of 55 gallons might not be a bad idea but need somewhere to store it...

Oh and I hope this doesn't scare any GTRs or muscle cars off.... lol

IMG_2557_zpsf5c37792.jpg

Liquid you are balling out of control son! LOL. Here I made a correction to your tag for you lmao.

Race gas... I think we will need two drums to be honest. If you plan on racing all week it will be two drums of import..... UGH....

IMG_2557_zpsf5c37792.jpg

^^LOL, awesome!

This whole gas thing has been a PITA. Where to store it, how much of it we need, access to it at will, etc. I don't know but I wish we had answers, lol.

Damn I hear ya... I only know one fellow TTG head in those neck of the woods..... Business at the front and party at the back! Where you at???

Liquid you are balling out of control son! LOL. Here I made a correction to your tag for you lmao.

Race gas... I think we will need two drums to be honest. If you plan on racing all week it will be two drums of import..... UGH....

LMAO! I wish! I have 200 miles of seat time on you around these Las Vegas roads, we will have to get adjusted to these beasts together down there... If there is one worse thing than losing on vid, that would be crashing on vid... Can't let that happen! Bringing spray bottles of VHT with an assistant that will smear on the tires with gloves. He is urs to use as well boys! lol If needed we can rent him a truck to follow us until dawn with flammable race gas in the trunk!

Damn I hear ya... I only know one fellow TTG head in those neck of the woods..... Business at the front and party at the back! Where you at???

LMAO! I wish! I have 200 miles of seat time on you around these Las Vegas roads, we will have to get adjusted to these beasts together down there... If there is one worse thing than losing on vid, that would be crashing on vid... Can't let that happen! Bringing spray bottles of VHT with an assistant that will smear on the tires with gloves. He is urs to use as well boys! lol If needed we can rent him a truck to follow us until dawn with flammable race gas in the trunk!

Liquid you are crazy and I like it bro!

Eddie Bello mixed with Street Out Laws type shit right there. I like it! I need Big Chief and Shawn to come down and help me make some test passes and prep my lane for the roll on event.

Mullet can we just put some bunk beds in your ware house for some quick power naps? I will bring my tranquilizer gun just incase we have to make Liquid take a nap.

Bringing spray bottles of VHT with an assistant that will smear on the tires with gloves. He is urs to use as well boys! lol If needed we can rent him a truck to follow us until dawn with flammable race gas in the trunk!

Jorge in the green...

make-it-rain.gif

Liquid is the first person to ever fit a stripper pole in his UGR Gallardo Spyder. He will be at the roll event popping bottles with strippers while racing (with the top down)....

Don't worry Peter, the girls may not have clothes on but they will all have helmets on!

Liquid lets rent your VHT guy this truck..... Just saying.....

LA.JPG

LOL hahahahah you guys are insane! I FULLY encourage poles with strippers....just please, bathing suits stay on during the day, at night, no rules. :)

Peter

p.s. Jorge, love you man.......guy sponsors, then provides radios, provides VHT and a sprayer, now women, you rock! LOL

I have a company that is willing to take direct orders on race gas and deliver them all to the location of your choice. They deal with VP fuels only (109, C16, Import, C85 - their version of E85, etc...). Additionally, Lonestar Motorsports Park has agreed to be the "storage facility" to hold your gas during the 5-day event. This means all you would have to do is order the gas, have it shipped to Lonestar and access it from their. They will allow access to the race gas during normal business hours as well as during the events at their place. For those of you doing the TX2K Roll Race Nationals, this means you would need to either buy 5-gal containers and just take those to TWS on Wed and Thurs OR buy a 55-gal drum and use your own 5-gal containers to get gas to TWS. Of course the option is also available for you to order 55-gal drums and pick them up and put them in your truck/trailer when you arrive to Houston.

If interested please email me at [email protected] and I will put you in touch with the fuel vendor. Thanks to John Hennessey and the team at HPE and Lonestar for offering this!

Peter

Hahahahaha you guys are the shit. Cannot wait for the next few weeks to pass!

Awesome news on the gas situation Peter! Much easier this way. Perhaps order a bunch of 5 gallons for the 2 days of roll racing and rent a truck and than keep a 55 gallon at Lonestar.

Liquid--I like your style man! I'm booking my hotel on that note, just need to know which one?

I'll be around drinking beer, cheering guys on and happy to wrench if you need a hand! I've seen UGR's portable mechanics and there quick but only so many of them so I figure I'll probably get a chance to help someone.

HoustonT--Your pulling out all the stops, good deal!

That is a huge huge huge huge help Peter!

Liquid right on. I think we just need a couple of 5 gallon drums at TWS for the roll race. I am thinking if we show up with a full tank of import that we will just need an additional 20 gallons at TWS? Keep in mind we cannot boost below half a tank.

We can cruise back to Houston after the roll event and have our other gas waiting at Lonestar.

Nick sounds good man. I volunteer you for a ride along with me on my first few pulls on kill mode lmao.