In search of $78mm

abolfaz

I'm working on an 886 unit student housing project located at Florida International University. With the changes recently in the commercial banking landscape as well as the recent departure of GE, who funded our last project, from the lending markets, securing financing has been a challenge. Berkadia is interested but everyone keeps telling me that because of the projects size the ideal lenders/investors would be insurance companies or pension funds. I've never gone that route, has anyone here done so or have any familiarity with those markets?

Any help/advice would be appreciated and if a deal is consummated as a result, there's obviously compensation available.

Well thats interesting, I actually have bids out on some hardware for that project (Parkview correct?) and a few other areas of FIU.

If you don't mind shoot me a PM or we can email, I'll reach out to some people and see what I can find out.

Are you looking for funding? Superannuation funds started to put their money in certain projects, but they mostly buy completed projects with long term secured income, my last 6 deals went to self managed supper annuation funds, not sure how they would feel about investing overseas, it will mostly be a legal issue, I assume.

Let me know what the numbers are and if you want me to talk to someone locally.

By the thread title, I would say that is probably the end goal. :icon_mrgreen:

:thefinger:

I am browsing and posting from my iPad, the safes way for me is to get on line in followed by editing my post in order to safely type the rest of it, most of the time the site crashes and I lose entire posts and it's frustrating.

I'm working on an 886 unit student housing project located at Florida International University. With the changes recently in the commercial banking landscape as well as the recent departure of GE, who funded our last project, from the lending markets, securing financing has been a challenge. Berkadia is interested but everyone keeps telling me that because of the projects size the ideal lenders/investors would be insurance companies or pension funds. I've never gone that route, has anyone here done so or have any familiarity with those markets?

Any help/advice would be appreciated and if a deal is consummated as a result, there's obviously compensation available.

Sent you a PM

Being 886 units, I'm going with 78M

You're absolutely right, I forgot about the thread title.

I need to remind myself that i'm on LAMBOpower, after all.