Kerplop

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well???!!! Is it home yet???

No :( Going to call the transport here in a few and see where it's at. They said it'd be in Oregon today.

I meant the brake booster you were talking about in the quote. You were looking for a rebuild kit for the brake booster yes? If the car has not been driven in quite a while, a brake booster rebuild is a good idea. It cost me about $500 to have it done and it fits in a small box for mailing. You may not be able to find a kit for it.

When I had my Jalpa I did the Permatune ignition upgrade. I bought it from Raymond and had no issues with it. Sometimes the MSD units can't get the Tach to work. I can't wait for this build thread to start!!!!!!

I meant the brake booster you were talking about in the quote. You were looking for a rebuild kit for the brake booster yes? If the car has not been driven in quite a while, a brake booster rebuild is a good idea. It cost me about $500 to have it done and it fits in a small box for mailing. You may not be able to find a kit for it.

Ah, yes, sorry. Complete brainfart on my part, it's been a weird and long week, albeit short.

When I had my Jalpa I did the Permatune ignition upgrade. I bought it from Raymond and had no issues with it. Sometimes the MSD units can't get the Tach to work. I can't wait for this build thread to start!!!!!!

I'm up for anything really, long as it works and is an improvement.

Well, shipping delay :( car will be delivered monday or tuesday. Fraaaaaack.

Do what I did in my Jarama. I replaced both brake boosters with something more modern, reliable, safer, and longer lasting.

The boosters suck in the early cars.

What the hell kind of cheap ass shipping you get?

I'm trying to just be positive right now. I think I'll work on the trackday project while I wait. This has been a shit week for me.

Do what I did in my Jarama. I replaced both brake boosters with something more modern, reliable, safer, and longer lasting.

The boosters suck in the early cars.

Any specific part numbers that are compatible or cross referenced? I see no reason that couldn't be done, makes sense.

Derek Derek Derek, what day is it? Awe come on guys, is it hump day yet?

Derek Derek Derek, what day is it? Awe come on guys, is it hump day yet?

Literally just got off the phone with the driver. Will be here today. Just waiting for him to call me before he gets here.

Literally just got off the phone with the driver. Will be here today. Just waiting for him to call me before he gets here.

PICS! Asap

PICS! Asap

Once it gets here, of course!

Until then, here's a picture of coffee and LP to suffice in the interim.

Wz3vg46.jpg

He not done fapping in it, it's his first Lambo. Pretty sure he's geeking out, and taking selfies behind the wheel.

They had issues loading it up apparently. The car is less than 20 minutes away from me, but he wants some daylight to unload it. Sounds like the calipers are frozen up on the car and it won't move. So he wants some time in the morning in daylight to unload it. He said they had to be ridiculously careful to load it up and not hurt it because it wouldn't roll. *sigh* I knew the brakes needed help, but, ugh haha.

So it sounds like tomorrow early in the morning will be "the time" - I'll update then. Kinda bummed, won't lie. But I'd rather have him take the time with some daylight and make sure nothing is harmed, than rush it and hurt it in the dark.

They had issues loading it up apparently. The car is less than 20 minutes away from me, but he wants some daylight to unload it. Sounds like the calipers are frozen up on the car and it won't move. So he wants some time in the morning in daylight to unload it. He said they had to be ridiculously careful to load it up and not hurt it because it wouldn't roll. *sigh* I knew the brakes needed help, but, ugh haha.

So it sounds like tomorrow early in the morning will be "the time" - I'll update then. Kinda bummed, won't lie. But I'd rather have him take the time with some daylight and make sure nothing is harmed, than rush it and hurt it in the dark.

If i were you... Id be there..

Calipers and hydraulics = easy and not a large amount of money.